Blenders allowed?

vicky3vicky

46 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

I would like to bring a blender so I can make my smoothies in the morning. I couldn't find it on the prohibited list so should I bring it?

I found an CC post from Aug. 12, 2007. The answer was no.

• Like 1

You can try. I don't think so. They may take it out when they xray your bag. If you get caught, just put it in your car (assuming your not flying to the port).

What are you trying to blend anyways? Baby food? Drinks?

4 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

I would like to bring a blender so I can make my smoothies in the morning. I couldn't find it on the prohibited list so should I bring it?

Probably not on the list because 99.99% of people wouldn't even think of taking a blender on a cruise.

(kind of like how Carnival had to add hair dryers and curling irons to the list years ago, because of people bringing those onboard. I'm sure after they confiscate enough blenders, they will get added tp the list.)

I guess as long as you are willing to have it confiscated or lose it, give it a try.

Those must be some great smoothies. Good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bguppies said:

Probably not on the list because 99.99% of people wouldn't even think of taking a blender on a cruise.

(kind of like how Carnival had to add hair dryers and curling irons to the list years ago, because of people bringing those onboard. I'm sure after they confiscate enough blenders, they will get added tp the list.)

I guess as long as you are willing to have it confiscated or lose it, give it a try.

Those must be some great smoothies. Good luck.

A bit confused, are you saying Carnival doesn't allow curling irons or blow dryers.  I think this is incorrect.  I take mine every single cruise and have not issues at all.  It does say "with heating elements", but they are specific about things like irons, hot plates, etc.  I have never seen anyone in 20+ years have a problem with a curling iron or blow dryer (I think the women would revolt lol!)

Here is the list straight from Carnival (no mention of blenders lol):

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana
  • All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc.
  • All items containing incapacitating substances, such as gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • All ammunition
  • All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
  • Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics
  • Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners)
  • Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans (Refer to Exemptions)
  • Alcohol (hard liquor) and beer
  • Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
  • Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
  • Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
  • Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
  • Handcuffs or other restraining devices
  • Self-balancing hover boards and air wheels
  • Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers. 
  • Satellite disk, routers and other internet related equipment  
  • Boom boxes/large radios
  • Candles and incense
  • Helium filled balloons 
  • Inflatable kiddie pool
  • Hookahs
  • Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
  • Kava  
  • Surfboards, boats and canoes 
  • Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

See 4 B of the cruise contract- no household goods- it cannot list everything by name. 

• Like 3

20+ years ago I used to bring a blender on the cruise with me.  Be prepared for your luggage to be searched at the airport because of the metal blades in the blender.  It's possibly more likely now after 911 that someone will question the blender when it passes through x-ray machine, either at the airport or the ship terminal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I have seen folk carry electric fans into the cruise terminal building, but honestly don't know if security allowed them on to the ship.  (Ironically for an Alaska cruise)

And then there was the 80+  F degree  days that we had on our Alaska cruise that embarked on June 24.

People were in shorts and tank tops for excursions in Juneau and other ports.

Besides cooling, fans are also used for air circulation and white noise in cabins.

• Like 2

As I understand, these Blendjet2s are battery operated .  Charge lasts for 10-15 blends.  Takes 20 seconds.  Recharge is via USB port just like phone.

So outside of the cleaning issue, these shouldn't violate CCL guidelines.  But again, security at port may not know this and if in carry-on you could lose it.  On board, you might get called to the naughty room and have to explain ow it works.  TSA is a whole other can of worms.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

20+ years ago I used to bring a blender on the cruise with me.  Be prepared for your luggage to be searched at the airport because of the metal blades in the blender.  It's possibly more likely now after 911 that someone will question the blender when it passes through x-ray machine, either at the airport or the ship terminal.

This is from the TSA:

Blender

Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes

Blenders are allowed in carry-on bags if the blade has been removed.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

• Like 1

Our son, ex-FunSquad, took one of the battery operated small blenders & glass combo. He was called back to work right after getting oral surgery.

This was back in quarantining Staff days. So, while in the cabin, he drank protein mix and used their juices milk etc. while his mouth was healing.

It was fine, but IDK if that is an exception or the rule. 🤷🏻‍♀️

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I have seen folk carry electric fans into the cruise terminal building, but honestly don't know if security allowed them on to the ship.  (Ironically for an Alaska cruise)

We bring a fan on each of our cruises, and have never had an issue.  We run a fan every single night of the year, even during winter, for the movement of air as well as the “white noise.”

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 4:57 AM, Purvis1231 said:

See 4 B of the cruise contract- no household goods- it cannot list everything by name. 

Household goods are probably OK.😄  Household appliances with heating elements, no good.   

On 7/14/2022 at 4:05 AM, wemjam said:

A bit confused, are you saying Carnival doesn't allow curling irons or blow dryers.  I think this is incorrect.  I take mine every single cruise and have not issues at all.  It does say "with heating elements", but they are specific about things like irons, hot plates, etc.  I have never seen anyone in 20+ years have a problem with a curling iron or blow dryer (I think the women would revolt lol!)

Here is the list straight from Carnival (no mention of blenders lol):

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana
  • All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc.
  • All items containing incapacitating substances, such as gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • All ammunition
  • All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
  • Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics
  • Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners)
  • Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans (Refer to Exemptions)
  • Alcohol (hard liquor) and beer
  • Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
  • Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
  • Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
  • Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
  • Handcuffs or other restraining devices
  • Self-balancing hover boards and air wheels
  • Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers. 
  • Satellite disk, routers and other internet related equipment  
  • Boom boxes/large radios
  • Candles and incense
  • Helium filled balloons 
  • Inflatable kiddie pool
  • Hookahs
  • Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
  • Kava  
  • Surfboards, boats and canoes 
  • Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home

Towards the bottom of the list is "Kava".  I didn't know that was still around.  Why would it be on the prohibited list? 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:10 AM, tallnthensome said:

Crazy to see people seriously asking about taking bbq's, kettles, blenders, etc onto a cruiseship. 

Ok, OK.  I have to ask.  Did someone really want to bring a BBQ?