Surely its just a window you can open?

gordylad

Yes, it is just a large window that can open

while we preferred our Sunset Veranda, we also found things to like about the Inf veranda when we sailed in AQ Class,  We used it as a winter garden, open to the cabin interior and set up a nice area for the small table and chairs...made  cabin feel more spacious.  Window  could be  opened for some sea air and  views, nice photos...but it is not a true balcony.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going on nearly 5 years now...........................

You can also look at the upcoming MSC World Europa and Viking Octantis for the same discussion since they have the exact same setup if you need more debate. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

This debate has been beaten to death.  

But this is Cruise critic. We beat to death every cruise related topic!

This place should be called Dead Horse Critic

or Nine Lives Critic

or ......

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Is this new??

I believe so it came up on youtube today for me so my hubby wanted to watch it as that is the type of room I'll be in. 

But the argument, not so much

Edited by Lena11033

30 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The back seat of my car has a similar “infinite balcony” which the kids can open for fresh air with the push of a button but the driver (I.e. the Captain) can control if he wants to 😀

Have you stayed in an IV?

Hmmmm..  just wondering who's winning that "beaten to death" race...

A. Dress code horse?

B. Drink package horse?

C. Covid mask/test horse?

D. Infinite balcony horse?

E. Can I make a 9:45 flight horse?

It's close folks, really close.  🤣😯

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

Choice is a great thing.  There are currently only around six cruise ships in the world operating with the infinite style balcony.  EDGE. APEX. BEYOND. FLORA. SILVER ORIGIN.  VIKING OCULUS.  Soon there will be a few more.  In comparison there are over 200 cruise ships operating with traditional balconies.  So pretty easy to avoid the very small percentage of ships with infinite balconies if they are not your thing.  Then you can save yourself and everyone else the grief if you don’t like them.  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I prefer them, horses for courses. Would be interesting to see what the opinion split would be based on cruise history and age demographics, as I am sub-40 years with 15 cruises under my belt, and love basically everything about the Edge class ships.

• Like 1

It is useful to have read all the thoughts on the Infinite Veranda / Balcony that have been aired on Cruise Critic.

I feel sorry for those that have not, and go ahead and book a 'balcony' cabin without this knowledge. I know I would be disappointed if I had expected to be able to spend time sitting outside on my balcony, but ended up sitting inside by an open window!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kr00t0n said:

I prefer them, horses for courses. Would be interesting to see what the opinion split would be based on cruise history and age demographics, as I am sub-40 years with 15 cruises under my belt, and love basically everything about the Edge class ships.

Regardless of age or any other issue the most important issue is how do you use the balcony.

On sea days we relax on ours for around 4 hours a day sitting on chairs with high backs that recline and with room for footstools (💲10 tip on day 1 gets us 2 of these) and a decent size table. Whilst we are on the balcony the rest of our cabin stays at the temperature we have set i.e the air con stays on.

In addition one person can sit on the balcony whilst the curtains/drapes remain closed, very useful if one of you is a late riser.

We have total control over when we do or don't open the balcony doors, especially important on port days.

None of the above possible with an Infinity Balcony.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I think it depends on the person travelling. Personally I like the look of them (have one booked for next week). But I’m travelling alone so don’t have to worry about someone else in the room I also have a cruise that only has two sea days and even then I have plans so don’t think I’d be spending hours sitting there anyway. Now my cruise in 2024 I have lots of sea days so have booked a suite. 

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

It is useful to have read all the thoughts on the Infinite Veranda / Balcony that have been aired on Cruise Critic.

I feel sorry for those that have not, and go ahead and book a 'balcony' cabin without this knowledge. I know I would be disappointed if I had expected to be able to spend time sitting outside on my balcony, but ended up sitting inside by an open window!!

Disappointed???

Were anyone to be disappointed, then it is deservedly so, as that goes to point out that someone did not review X's home page and see what the ship and its' amenities are.

Booking blindly without context is a real disappointment for sure, then some of us do not worry about it, too much, just as long as we are on a ship.

Not too sure how many of us would book and fully pay for a product which we did not know about for such amazing amounts and for such an anticipated amazing time only to be surprized that our homework or lack there of yielded an undesirable cabin???

Who knew???

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Not too sure how many of us would book and fully pay for a product which we did not know about for such amazing amounts and for such an anticipated amazing time only to be surprized that our homework or lack there of yielded an undesirable cabin???

@Bo1953, you are the eternal optimist aren't you.

My thinking is that any supposedly intelligent species who watch The Bachelor, Big Brother, Dancing with the D Listers, and uses Tiktok  is going to have a great number of it's members disappointed with an undesirable cruise cabin quite often. 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

@Bo1953, you are the eternal optimist aren't you.

My thinking is that any supposedly intelligent species who watch The Bachelor, Big Brother, Dancing with the D Listers, and uses Tiktok  is going to have a great number of it's members disappointed with an undesirable cruise cabin quite often. 😉

dd - I do try to give many individuals a great degree of credit until they do their worst to let me know it was not worth it, at least in the short run provides a great deal of humour...

bon voyage

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Is this new??

Maybe it is to people who haven't been on an infinite balcony or are new to cruise critic. It very clearly shows what this type of balcony is like.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2