The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 4th, 2022

richwmn

Well, I'm back after four days of a 'day care' version of respite. We stayed at a hotel near my DH's son as they do not have a first floor bed or bath. DH's son kept DH each day so his dad could be safe while I had a summer break.

I spent time with a number of different friends -- each over a great meal. I went solo to the massive Grand Rapids Meijer Gardens where I especially enjoyed contemplative time in the soothing Japanese Garden and wandering the laughter-filled Children's Garden. And, I had a reunion of sorts with Grand Haven – Coast Guard City USA – the first city so designated by the USCG! I lived in Grand Haven for years before knowing DH and hadn't spent any time there in over 20 years. Its annual Coast Guard Festival is this week so I enjoyed some festivities.

DH said he enjoyed time at his son's but was (a bit more than usual) confused last night and again this morning. Over dinner he said it had been nice to spend a few days with this college roommate. I gently reminded him that his roommate is deceased and showed him a picture his son had taken of him with DGC. This morning he thought he had a golf outing but he hasn't played since his 2016 stroke.  Sigh…

And, so much has happened here while I was gone. The sermons disappeared, reappeared and seem to be safe for the future. Thanks @marshhawk for that explanation. Shadow has become AKA Little and is progressing nicely in her training. Kudos to @kazu for that heartfelt effort! @aliaschief is still touring Scotland's islands but had an unexpected hiccup that his guide efficiently fixed easily explaining why @aliaschief chooses that tour company. HAL is finally properly searching for @dfishsister's luggage. How could HAL have confused that? We have some new contributors including @grapau27lovely wife, Pauline. Daily-ites have new illnesses, new diagnoses, new treatments, and, far too many are still suffering the ill effects of Covid -- prayers for all. 

Glad to be back, but still catching up…

-Melisa

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

And, on a totally other topic, did anyone else notice HAL cruisers being dissed on the Crystal Board? I occasionally look at it as I'm intrigued by Crystal's demise and the discussions on what renovations the new owners might tackle.

One discussion centered on the possibility of adding Lanai cabins. There were mixed opinions about Lanais but the comment I found out-of-bounds was this one (screen shot inserted). Trailer Parks!!! 

Screenshot_20220804-121823.thumb.png.cca7df5608e2703641916eaf2778b081.png

I haven't decided whether to respond. Many who call themselves 'Crystal-ized' often do not take kindly to other commenting. And, one can be quite harsh if anyone disputes his (Crystal blinders always on) opinion.

-Melisa

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  At least I hope it is still morning when I finish writing this.  House to be cleaned this morning, and I will leave for a period.  But I have to be back for a RC call at 10.

Many thanks to @richwmnand @rafinmdfor being the backbones of this friendly place.  Of course, all who post are appreciated.  We all learn so much today, and it also is so nice to see the wonderful to see photos of places we haven't visited or hope to visit.  It is so fun to see where the conversation will go each day!

I should have kept my mouth shut about cooler weather in the area.  Today it is supposed to get to about 97-98!  Almost every day we get flash flood warnings about heavy rain the one or both of the burn scar areas from the two bad wildfires in our area two summers ago!  

Not looking forward to visit to pulmonologist today preceded by a CT scan.  Given the after effects of being at Ground Zero, guess that is my lot in life!  As long as my shortness of breath doesn't become much worse, guess I am doing fairly well.  Think how well I could breathe if I was at sea-level!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites.  I'm baaaack!  Got in last night at midnight (3 a.m. Boston time), and went straight to bed.  It was a long day, up early, we had US Customs and Immigration to go through, then a long tour and bus ride to the Boston Airport.  Of course our two flights were delayed, but at least the delays gave them time to keep the luggage organized, and it arrived with us.  I spent the 6-hour flight from Montreal to Victoria wedged in a window seat with the child behind me massaging my back with her feet. My ankles are swollen today, that has never happened to me before.  I will keep my feet up today as much as possible, but when I do my legs tingle...

Interesting day, thank you to all who post with info and pictures!.  Our DD picked us up last night, and had the fridge stocked and ready for us, so, although she is not Chinese, I will celebrate her!  (She is the one in the family who loves to cook in her air fryer...)  My dear departed cousin was in the Canadian CG, he dealt with the USCG a lot on this coast and in Ottawa, so I will think of him, too, today.

DD told me my flower bed has become  mightily overgrown  during our absence, so I will try to do a bit of cleanup there, and get some debris out so the gardeners can haul it away today.

Welcome, @RedneckBob, I have enjoyed your stories on Cruise Critic. And Graham, @grapau27, are you on the move again?   Sorry to hear Tana is struggling again, @smitty34877, she does not deserve all this suffering.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Bob @RedneckBobI enjoyed your cruising story about dinner in the PG and look forward to future stories!  Nice to see that Abigail is still there, we have good memories of her from our Eurodam cruise last year.

Thanks Cruising-along. 

This was our 3rd straight HAL cruise with Abigail; March 2019, 35 day South Pacific, March 2022, Rotterdam 14 day, and Eurodam June 2022. She is wonderful except she told me, “RedneckBob, could you schedule your next HAL cruise without me, the Misses may think we have something going on” 🤫.

Need to add one more thing to my original post concerning the Mis-Steak. I asked The Rock how could he eat the Baked Alaska after finishing the 36 oz Tomohawk Steak. He replied, “The Tomohawk has a bone that weights approximately 8 oz so I only ate 26 oz of meat 😯”. Well, now I understand.

Edited by RedneckBob
Grammar error
  • Like 15
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

And, on a totally other topic, did anyone else notice HAL cruisers being dissed on the Crystal Board? I occasionally look at it as I'm intrigued by Crystal's demise and the discussions on what renovations the new owners might tackle.

One discussion centered on the possibility of adding Lanai cabins. There were mixed opinions about Lanais but the comment I found out-of-bounds was this one (screen shot inserted). Trailer Parks!!! 

I haven't decided whether to respond. Many who call themselves 'Crystal-ized' often do not take kindly to other commenting. And, one can be quite harsh if anyone disputes his (Crystal blinders always on) opinion.

-Melisa

Wow, that is not nice!  I know Viking cruisers seem to enjoy putting down Holland America for adding so many extras to your tab.  My comeback is that we have the choices to make.  Not everyone wants to pay for alcohol, specialty restaurants and tours that they won't do.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, Everyone.  Nice collection of days —especially chocolate chip cookies and the Coast Guard.  Looking sharp, @Heartgrove.  An old beau of mine joined Coast Guard right after high school.  I was happy for him.  
Always thrilled to see photos of Japan, as I’d love to visit there.

@StLouisCruisers, wishing you a safe and fun family trip.  I can’t wait to hear about Ren’s college hunt as time goes on.  The world will be his oyster.  

@ottahand7, the raspberries look wonderful. What a nice summer treat!

@Seasick Sailor, sad about your potted plants.  The casualties are expected, but still disappointing.  That’s nice that the VA support services reached out to you.  There’s comfort in that.

@Cruzin Terri, I hope your Mayo Clinic visit is a good one.

DD saw her doctor yesterday and things are happening, so baby will be here any day.  That kept me awake all night fretting over whether we’re ready for DGD to stay with us.  
So….bright and early I made a pot of chicken noodle soup.  Does that make me ready? 🤪

Thanks to Rich and all contributors here at our Daily Fleet Report.   Wishing all of you a lovely day.

Pocket has been reading all of our posts about new pets and the training many of us are doing.  He asked to post this….

FD67AEAF-482C-4583-A929-A351CC04DF71.jpeg.fd3e14f035c7f683d92c7df70f9af367.jpeg

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

I would try one of the air-fryer steak recipes if I had a steak that was suitable. I used to work across the road from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London and once officiated at the wedding of a Coast Guard officer (assigned to the base, not the Academy). The wedding was a complicated business because Connecticut requires that the license be issued by the town in which the ceremony takes place,  and it was hard to determine which town that was. But what really annoyed me is that the ceremony started about an hour late because the bride and her sister weren't satisfied with her hair and makeup, and by then the guests were pretty drunk.

We're having severe thunderstorms and they seem likely to continue through Saturday.

28 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Wow, that is not nice!  I know Viking cruisers seem to enjoy putting down Holland America for adding so many extras to your tab.  My comeback is that we have the choices to make.  Not everyone wants to pay for alcohol, specialty restaurants and tours that they won't do.

I avoid all the forums for luxury cruise lines, because I know that I'll never book on any of them. I was even reluctant to participate in the Celebrity forum, but when I was making a booking on Celebrity - for a cruise that was eventually cancelled - people in the forum were friendly and helpful.

Before the cancellation, however, I was worried that my clothes might not be good enough, a neurosis that I acquired through working for a nonprofit organization that had a very fancy rummage sale, where no clothing donations containing so much as a molecule of polyester were allowed, and almost all my clothes, not only for travel, were easy-care fabrics.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites.  I'm baaaack!  Got in last night at midnight (3 a.m. Boston time), and went straight to bed.  It was a long day, up early, we had US Customs and Immigration to go through, then a long tour and bus ride to the Boston Airport.  Of course our two flights were delayed, but at least the delays gave them time to keep the luggage organized, and it arrived with us.  I spent the 6-hour flight from Montreal to Victoria wedged in a window seat with the child behind me massaging my back with her feet. My ankles are swollen today, that has never happened to me before.  I will keep my feet up today as much as possible, but when I do my legs tingle...

Interesting day, thank you to all who post with info and pictures!.  Our DD picked us up last night, and had the fridge stocked and ready for us, so, although she is not Chinese, I will celebrate her!  (She is the one in the family who loves to cook in her air fryer...)  My dear departed cousin was in the Canadian CG, he dealt with the USCG a lot on this coast and in Ottawa, so I will think of him, too, today.

DD told me my flower bed has become  mightily overgrown  during our absence, so I will try to do a bit of cleanup there, and get some debris out so the gardeners can haul it away today.

Welcome, @RedneckBob, I have enjoyed your stories on Cruise Critic. And Graham, @grapau27, are you on the move again?   Sorry to hear Tana is struggling again, @smitty34877, she does not deserve all this suffering.

Pleased you got home safely Ann.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

To become crystallized is to become hard and inflexible. When someone is proud of this, it tells you everything about them you need to know.
Bottom line - never enter a spraying contest with a skunk.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

I posted on that thread as well

On 8/1/2022 at 11:37 AM, rafinmd said:

I think Lanai cabins are unlikely on either ship.  On Serenity, there is not enough room for deck chairs ahead of the forward stairs and not that many cabins between the first and midship stairs, especially considering that a number of them are obstructed by the huge ventilation boxes.   Besides, the loungers on the aft decks are not that heavily used.

It would be even worse on Symphony.  To make a Lanai cabin work, a raised platform would need to be set up on the promenade deck to bring the loungers up to the level of the cabin.  Not only would that be expensive  but it would likely void the ship's emergency muster plan.

Roy

Melisa, the person you quoted is not someone I recognize as being a regular on the Crystal forum;  I don't  think I ever sailed with him. and from looking at some of his other quotes I don't think I would want to.  The reference to Lanai's started positively and while some did not like them John Cruise's comments were outside the pale.  It's amazing how some people can be experts on a line they have never sailed. 

I found the comment that Lanaii's were never installed on the new builds particularly laughable.  In addition to the technical issues I raised with Crystal they exist on HAL as well.  Lanail cabins only work where there are passenger cabins on the Promenade deck and that has not happened on any BHB starting with the Vistas.  Any one commenting on HAL like John Cruise should know that.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2018 Grand Alaska Panama cruise.  On August 4 MS Westerdam was southbound on the inside passage to disembarkation in Vancouver:

dusk0804.jpg

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

I have a question about the Rotterdam.  I think we all know Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam cannot go through the Panama Canal because the lifeboats stick out too far.  That was supposed to be fixed for future Pinnacles beginning with the Rotterdam but wondering if it happened.  I have been looking at the Rotterdam deck plan as well as the one for Cunard's coming Pinnacle, Queen Anne.  On deck 4 cabins behind the lifeboats there's a special note:

Staterooms have views obstructed by
lifeboats and during Panama Canal
transits lifeboats are adjacent to the
balcony

I do not see that for Rotterdam so I was wondering if she is able to go through the canal.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

@HAL Sailerand @rafinmd, on their new-builds, Carnival has these Havana cabanas that are like lanais, but the pathway in front of them is not a thoroughfare, it’s just basically a sidewalk to the aft adult pool area. So rather private.   They are darling and I’d enjoy seeing them on any ship.

It was a very quiet area.   We didn’t stay in one.  We had an aft wrap in the Havana area, but people we spoke with enjoyed them.  It’s fun to see new design ideas.

787E00CB-DE9F-488B-85A0-916625E1BCE7.thumb.jpeg.ee948ea86ce6187d7ab2325a5b344de4.jpeg

B1E5C3FD-C61A-476D-97AA-FF8A33A1F1A3.thumb.jpeg.5cf48b92271f058e336cc70f8b921da0.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon everyone. We are home from Jacksonville.  The drive home was much easier than the ride down.  While there were many trucks, the traffic was moving and the weather was perfect.  Made it home in 2 1/2 hours,  Good timing.

We placed an order at Total Wine and picked it up on our way home.  We don’t have one near us, so this is a usual stop when I have an appointment at the Mayo.  However, prices have gone up quite a bit. Still good value.  We have enough for a few months.

Now for my news.  The Doc gave me an injection in my knee but said that I can’t have many more.  If I require too many more I may have to think about knee replacement surgery.  This scares me because of the need to take blood thinners afterward.  When I had the Pulmonary Emboli I was on Blood Thinners and did not do well.  We shall see what happens. The X-rays did not show a fracture, so that was good news.  

The left hand showed that I have two trigger fingers and probably not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  He gave me two injections in the long and ring fingers.  

I have more appointments on Monday and he is going to fit me in to see how I am doing.  He may thing that I may not need surgery.  He said we will talk about it Monday (or Tuesday) but not cancel the appointment with the surgeon on Sept. 22 yet.

He also indicated that I need to talk to the PCP about a referral to a Rheumatologist.  It appears that there is a lot of inflammation in my body and need to be under his care.

Finally, I asked about getting my second booster in relation to getting these steroid injections today.  He said wait about two weeks and get it.  He said that in the Fall everyone will be eligible for the newer vaccine that will target the new variant regardless of how many boosters you’ve received.

So we are returning to Jacksonville on Sunday for appointments on Monday. Blood work to see the inflammation level, ultrasound of my legs to check for DVTs,  visit with PCP and a bone density test because I have been on Prednisone for a long time.

@StLouisCruisersThis should be of interest to you.  I told him about the pain behind my legs after my bout with Covid and whether I should attribute that to COVID.  He said Yes.  He said many people have complained of this, and while the CDC has not documented it, there have been so many people with this and many other problems, that they attribute them to COVID.  

So that is my story.

More to follow on Monday after I have the second round of tests and visit with the PCP.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all. I will celebrate daughters,daughters in law and chocolate chip cookies and look forward to port pictures. 

@lazey1, a very Happy Belated  Birthday 

@Cruzin Terri, hope all goes well today

@StLouisCruisers have a safe trip and a wonderful  visit

We are doing well here except for Tana and await the hospice nurse today. Hopefully  there are suggestions  that can help.We are all still positive which is to be expected. I know DH is feeling  better since he is able to enjoy reading again.Our teenage dog walker is complaining  of the heat  when taking our furry friends out and told me this morning  that he is " beyond  bored". He certainly  sounds normal to me!

I ventured into the kitchen and now have vegetarian  chili and a lentil soup simmering. It felt good to chop vegetables  and stir things.

Terry

Thanks to you Terry, and all who wished me safe travels tomorrow.  That means a lot because being on the highways these days with the way some people drive, is a frightening experience for me.  We should hit rain in Kentucky and on into SW Ohio.  Hopefully not too heavy.  

I'm happy to hear your DH is coming along in his recovery but very sad the same can't be said for Tana.  She's been through so much.  Prayers for a more comfortable day for her tomorrow. 🙏 And the teenage dog walker sounds very much like he's back to normal!

5 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi --

Safe travels tomorrow, enjoy family time, and please share photos of Sweet Sadie 🐕.  (Guess you could throw in a human now and then, too 🤣)

Kay

Thank you Kay!  I will do my best to remember to take photos of the family as well as Sweet Sadie.  😂   

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Well, I'm back after four days of a 'day care' version of respite. We stayed at a hotel near my DH's son as they do not have a first floor bed or bath. DH's son kept DH each day so his dad could be safe while I had a summer break.

I spent time with a number of different friends -- each over a great meal. I went solo to the massive Grand Rapids Meijer Gardens where I especially enjoyed contemplative time in the soothing Japanese Garden and wandering the laughter-filled Children's Garden. And, I had a reunion of sorts with Grand Haven – Coast Guard City USA – the first city so designated by the USCG! I lived in Grand Haven for years before knowing DH and hadn't spent any time there in over 20 years. Its annual Coast Guard Festival is this week so I enjoyed some festivities.

DH said he enjoyed time at his son's but was (a bit more than usual) confused last night and again this morning. Over dinner he said it had been nice to spend a few days with this college roommate. I gently reminded him that his roommate is deceased and showed him a picture his son had taken of him with DGC. This morning he thought he had a golf outing but he hasn't played since his 2016 stroke.  Sigh…

And, so much has happened here while I was gone. The sermons disappeared, reappeared and seem to be safe for the future. Thanks @marshhawk for that explanation. Shadow has become AKA Little and is progressing nicely in her training. Kudos to @kazu for that heartfelt effort! @aliaschief is still touring Scotland's islands but had an unexpected hiccup that his guide efficiently fixed easily explaining why @aliaschief chooses that tour company. HAL is finally properly searching for @dfishsister's luggage. How could HAL have confused that? We have some new contributors including @grapau27lovely wife, Pauline. Daily-ites have new illnesses, new diagnoses, new treatments, and, far too many are still suffering the ill effects of Covid -- prayers for all. 

Glad to be back, but still catching up…

-Melisa

How wonderful you got some time to take care of your own mental health with the respite.  I think your DH is lucky to have such an empathetic caregiver as yourself.  As many here know, it's a tough job.  Prayers for you and your DH.🙏

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Good morning!  At least I hope it is still morning when I finish writing this.  House to be cleaned this morning, and I will leave for a period.  But I have to be back for a RC call at 10.

Many thanks to @richwmnand @rafinmdfor being the backbones of this friendly place.  Of course, all who post are appreciated.  We all learn so much today, and it also is so nice to see the wonderful to see photos of places we haven't visited or hope to visit.  It is so fun to see where the conversation will go each day!

I should have kept my mouth shut about cooler weather in the area.  Today it is supposed to get to about 97-98!  Almost every day we get flash flood warnings about heavy rain the one or both of the burn scar areas from the two bad wildfires in our area two summers ago!  

Not looking forward to visit to pulmonologist today preceded by a CT scan.  Given the after effects of being at Ground Zero, guess that is my lot in life!  As long as my shortness of breath doesn't become much worse, guess I am doing fairly well.  Think how well I could breathe if I was at sea-level!

Have a great day everyone!

Hope the pulmonologist visit and CT scan worked out okay.  Breathing problems are the scariest!  🤞

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Welcome home and back to the Daily!  

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

IMG_20220804_183742.jpg

IMG_20220804_183757.jpg

IMG_20220804_190206.jpg

IMG_20220804_190231.jpg

IMG_20220804_194729.jpg

IMG_20220804_194741.jpg

Graham, you and Pauline look very spiffy this evening.  Another great day with your beloved, right?  Thank you for sharing your dinner photos with your Daily family!🥂🍽️

10 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone. We are home from Jacksonville.  The drive home was much easier than the ride down.  While there were many trucks, the traffic was moving and the weather was perfect.  Made it home in 2 1/2 hours,  Good timing.

We placed an order at Total Wine and picked it up on our way home.  We don’t have one near us, so this is a usual stop when I have an appointment at the Mayo.  However, prices have gone up quite a bit. Still good value.  We have enough for a few months.

Now for my news.  The Doc gave me an injection in my knee but said that I can’t have many more.  If I require too many more I may have to think about knee replacement surgery.  This scares me because of the need to take blood thinners afterward.  When I had the Pulmonary Emboli I was on Blood Thinners and did not do well.  We shall see what happens. The X-rays did not show a fracture, so that was good news.  

The left hand showed that I have two trigger fingers and probably not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  He gave me two injections in the long and ring fingers.  

I have more appointments on Monday and he is going to fit me in to see how I am doing.  He may thing that I may not need surgery.  He said we will talk about it Monday (or Tuesday) but not cancel the appointment with the surgeon on Sept. 22 yet.

He also indicated that I need to talk to the PCP about a referral to a Rheumatologist.  It appears that there is a lot of inflammation in my body and need to be under his care.

Finally, I asked about getting my second booster in relation to getting these steroid injections today.  He said wait about two weeks and get it.  He said that in the Fall everyone will be eligible for the newer vaccine that will target the new variant regardless of how many boosters you’ve received.

So we are returning to Jacksonville on Sunday for appointments on Monday. Blood work to see the inflammation level, ultrasound of my legs to check for DVTs,  visit with PCP and a bone density test because I have been on Prednisone for a long time.

@StLouisCruisersThis should be of interest to you.  I told him about the pain behind my legs after my bout with Covid and whether I should attribute that to COVID.  He said Yes.  He said many people have complained of this, and while the CDC has not documented it, there have been so many people with this and many other problems, that they attribute them to COVID.  

So that is my story.

More to follow on Monday after I have the second round of tests and visit with the PCP.

Terri

Terri, thanks for asking the doctor about the pain behind the knee after Covid.  If there are many of us I wonder if they will figure out a way to ease this pain?  Very interesting information.

As for the rest of your visit, I must say Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville sound like the docs there really know what they're doing!  It's unfortunate there are so many issues you have to worry about each day, and so many treatments and doctor visits back and forth.  But the good news is you're not getting the run around down there.  I hope the injections you got help, too.  Take care!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  The house is clean, the motorhome is ready for DD and DSIL Saturday, and the last load of towels is about ready to come out of the dryer.  Not a bad day's work, and it will be leftovers tonight for supper.  

@StLouisCruisers   Safe travels tomorrow and have a good visit with the faily, Sandi.

@cat shepard  Ann, thanks for the info on the wine.  It sounds lovely, but the price.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm sorry about yur plants, but in this heat, I'm not surprised.  That's why be have only drought tolerant plants here.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad everyone except Tana is feeling better and that you are back in the kitchen.  I wish this isn't so hard on Tana, and that the nurse can help her.  It's good the resident teen is back to being a teen.

@bennybear  Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

@durangoscots  Susan, glad the leak is fixed.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep.  

@HAL Sailer  So glad you enjoyed your vacation respite and that DH got to spend time with his son.

Hope the confusion is from the traveling and it is better soon.

@cruzn single  Mary Kay, I hope the doctor's appointment went well.  And I hope there is not flooding.

@Vict0riann  Welcome home Ann and Pat.  Glad you luggage stayed with you.  Ann, I hope your legs and feet are better soon.

@AncientWanderer  Maxine, hope the little one arrives soon and that mother and baby are healthy.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Laura, also don't get downwind of a skunk in a spraying match.  🤣

@Cruising Terri  Terri, that's good news you made it home safely.  Sorry you may need a knee replacement, but glad the hand might not need surgery.  Best wishes for a good visit to Mayo next week.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to you Terry, and all who wished me safe travels tomorrow.  That means a lot because being on the highways these days with the way some people drive, is a frightening experience for me.  We should hit rain in Kentucky and on into SW Ohio.  Hopefully not too heavy.  

I'm happy to hear your DH is coming along in his recovery but very sad the same can't be said for Tana.  She's been through so much.  Prayers for a more comfortable day for her tomorrow. 🙏 And the teenage dog walker sounds very much like he's back to normal!

Thank you Kay!  I will do my best to remember to take photos of the family as well as Sweet Sadie.  😂   

How wonderful you got some time to take care of your own mental health with the respite.  I think your DH is lucky to have such an empathetic caregiver as yourself.  As many here know, it's a tough job.  Prayers for you and your DH.🙏

Hope the pulmonologist visit and CT scan worked out okay.  Breathing problems are the scariest!  🤞

Welcome home and back to the Daily!  

Graham, you and Pauline look very spiffy this evening.  Another great day with your beloved, right?  Thank you for sharing your dinner photos with your Daily family!🥂🍽️

Terri, thanks for asking the doctor about the pain behind the knee after Covid.  If there are many of us I wonder if they will figure out a way to ease this pain?  Very interesting information.

As for the rest of your visit, I must say Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville sound like the docs there really know what they're doing!  It's unfortunate there are so many issues you have to worry about each day, and so many treatments and doctor visits back and forth.  But the good news is you're not getting the run around down there.  I hope the injections you got help, too.  Take care!

Thank you Sandi.

A couple of days in our English Lake District.

Please take care on your road trip.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

So that is my story.

Terri

Best wishes for Monday Terri.

Graham 

• Like 9