family kicked off Princess ship in the canary islands with baby.

Illbcruzn4life

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe you could make the suggestion that they bring back that feature.

The most we can see now is that there has been no second post.

That feature was still on the "new" format when introduced and, apparently, some people took issue with others knowing when they are online/on the forum, so it was removed.

4 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If in fact they used a false birthdate how would they get onto the ship when they gave their daughters passport at check in?

It's possible the person doing the check in didn't look closely at the child's birthdate in the passport to confirm it matched the date on the reservation.  IF, indeed, the birthdate was incorrect on the reservation.

54 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Could the age limit have anything to do with the on board medical faculty and so many sea days?

Being at sea so so many days, mabe medical is not equipped to hand a baby that young.

Yes, (as far as I know) all cruise lines ban children under 12 months of age from sailing cruises with more than 3 sea days for exactly this reason.  Young babies can go from being absolutely fine to being dangerously sick very quickly, and the ship's medical may not be able to provide enough assistance.   You'll also notice that pregnant women are banned from sailing at the point of fetal viability, because if a woman goes into early labor the cruise lines don't want to be held responsible for the fact that a micropreemie baby might have survived in the NICU, but didn't have access to those services on a ship.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If in fact they used a false birthdate how would they get onto the ship when they gave their daughters passport at check in?

yeah I thought the same, I'm sure someone could argue an agent didn't look at the date.  I just don't believe someone would spend all of that money and trouble to travel all the way to Rome and intentionally lie about the baby's age to risk being denied boarding, especially after they uploaded the passport to Princess and having to show the passport at embarkation.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

yeah I thought the same, I'm sure someone could argue an agent didn't look at the date.  I just don't believe someone would spend all of that money and trouble to travel all the way to Rome and intentionally lie about the baby's age to risk being denied boarding, especially after they uploaded the passport to Princess and having to show the passport at embarkation.  

I agree 100%. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Seems to me that the child should not have been able to board. The information was all with Princess prior to boarding. Once on board the child should have been allowed to stay on board.

This was my first thought too.  But then if something were to happen, the cruise line would be hung out to dry for disregarding their own policy.   It is a tough call.     

• Like 1

12 hours ago, justafem said:

The family booked a standby fare (IE crew) and bypassed the age requirements for trans-ocean cruising for their daughter.  He knew what he was doing and knew how to get around the restrictions.  He didn't think he'd be called out; Then when he was, it's 'all the cruise lines fault' for not catching them when boarding.  Good gawds, take responsibility for your own actions.   

Is the father a former employee?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

That feature was still on the "new" format when introduced and, apparently, some people took issue with others knowing when they are online/on the forum, so it was removed.

OK, I get that. Some people want it, some wanted it gone. As is often said, you can't please everyone.

3 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

I just don't believe someone would spend all of that money and trouble to travel all the way to Rome and intentionally lie about the baby's age to risk being denied boarding, especially after they uploaded the passport to Princess and having to show the passport at embarkation.  

According to the dad in a follow-up TikTok, they were already in Rome.  This was the second of three cruises they were taking.  The first was RT Rome so they didn't have to travel to board the Regal.

6 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

You have more faith in people than I have.  Lots of people including this bunch do things or arrange things that they know are wrong figuring that if they are caught they will claim that they wronged and everyone is against them.  They knew exactly what they were doing here.

DON

• Like 6

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

According to the dad in a follow-up TikTok, they were already in Rome.  This was the second of three cruises they were taking.  The first was RT Rome so they didn't have to travel to board the Regal.

Ah... so what (most likely) happened was, when they made the reservation for the first (roundtrip) cruise, he probably asked about age requirement for the baby and the response was "a baby can cruise at 6 months".  Then they moved onto the second cruise reservation, maybe even making that at a different time, and, since he already had an answer he didn't ask the question again.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, that said:

Is the father a former employee?

Yes.  The father is a former employee.  He was using his standby fare before they expired.  

There's a lot more information than he shared publicly.  He was bragging on FB about getting his infant on a trans-ocean cruise and bypassing requirements.  His page is now locked.  

But princess COULD choose to lawyer up, but won't because it looks bad.  

His family has been banned from cruising with all carnival brands and he's ineligible for rehire. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, justafem said:

He was using his standby fare before they expired

What is "standby fare" I'm assuming this is only for cruise employees both shore side and ship crew? is this similar to what an airline employee would use to fly, I know they can fly for free after taxes, do the cruise employees cruise for free or a reduced rate?

Edited by JeffT237
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, justafem said:

Yes.  The father is a former employee.  He was using his standby fare before they expired.  

There's a lot more information than he shared publicly.  He was bragging on FB about getting his infant on a trans-ocean cruise and bypassing requirements.  His page is now locked.  

But princess COULD choose to lawyer up, but won't because it looks bad.  

His family has been banned from cruising with all carnival brands and he's ineligible for rehire. 

So he deliberately, and knowingly flouted the rules and in doing so risked the health and possibly life of his infant, just so he could get a cheap cruise? Being banned for life is still too good for this selfish  (fill in the four letter blank). I hope Karma pays him a visit.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Really ,how exactly you can do that? You Show passport at the boarding and if Princess let them go ,they had no right to remove them from cruise . 

You really think the infant had a passport ?

Does any one know if he was doing a b2b2b?  Approved for first two legs.  Slipped through third?  If an employee, should have known better.  

Princess settled but I think he wanted more.  

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

It's what it is.  He tried to get away with it and when it didn't go his way, he went public.  Princess doesn't need another national negative experience and chose to refund them.  it was cheaper.  There's nothing more for him to do and if he tried the truth would come out and he'd still get nothing more.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Does any one know if he was doing a b2b2b?  Approved for first two legs.  Slipped through third?  If an employee, should have known better.  

Princess settled but I think he wanted more.  

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

He was doing three cruises in a row, all on Princess as far as I can tell, but not b2b2b on the same ship because he mentioned boarding the second cruise in Rome.  The second one was the one on the Regal where they were disembarked in the Canaries.  He said the first was RT Rome to the "holy lands" (his description) and the third was to be a Panama Canal on another Princess ship, Emerald I believe.

I also think he was trying to get away with it and figured that once Princess let them board, they wouldn't make them disembark.  Princess shouldn't have let them on in the first place, but I also don't think Princess owes them anything.  

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, memoak said:

You really think the infant had a passport ?

Yes, infants do need a passport for international travel.  Of course, on a closed loop cruise, the infant could have used an enhanced driver license.  🤣 

In all seriousness, I don't think passports are generally used to verify a person's age, usually it just confirms the identity of the individual boarding the ship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, ChutChut said:

It's possible the parents provided an inaccurate birthdate, no?

Possible, yes. But the child's passport or birth cert. had the correct information which should have been noticed by the staff when boarding. If Princess does not have an eyes on review that is a flaw in their system.

Edited by skynight

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

Possible, yes. But the child's passport or birth cert. had the correct information which should have been noticed by the staff when boarding. If Princess does not have an eyes on review that is a flaw in their system.

Why do you think all of the passport information gets cross referenced with all of the booking information provided by the PAX?  Do you know how much that would bog down the boarding process?  All they are verifying is that the person boarding has a valid passport, not all of the data on the passport.

• Like 1