Alarm clock question

3 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

As I was unpacking from our last-week cruise, I had a thought:  I've been bringing my alarm clock -- but can I request a wake-up call on a cruise?  I've never considered it before.  

You can set a wake up call on your phone. It’s an automated call.

I have a travel clock that I always bring with me...on a cruise and other vacation spots which is mostly Disney.  With 2 of us in a room its easier to put the clock on the other side of the room so we can both see it.  It has big numbers and also projects on the ceiling.  Perfect for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We set my watch and had a tiny folding alarm clock (need for early excursions even though ship docking wakes us up).  Problem was that both have pushbuttons to light up the display so you have to fumble to find out what time it is.  Found this clock and really like it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NM45VJX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairly large (4" wide) but it is both battery powered and lighted.  Battery lasts at least 6 weeks (still running on originals).  Easily visible across the room (although that location not good for an alarm).

18 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Just don't bring a plug-in alarm clock. The ship's electrical frequency is not the same as your home. And a lot of clocks use that frequency to keep time. 

???? The ship has 110 volt outlets, the same oulets that are in every American home.

15 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Until they institute a charge for the delivery of Continental Breakfast / Coffee

Agree.  I'm not paying for food delivery on the ship -- as it is, I'd feel obligated to tip, so even the "free" delivery would cost me a few dollars.  

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Anyone with a cell phone has an alarm clock 

True, but I don't care to use my phone as an alarm clock.  Personal preference. 

7 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

???? The ship has 110 volt outlets, the same oulets that are in every American home.

True, but these outlets aren't by the bedside.  I prefer a battery-powered clock, even at home.

On Enchantment the button on the phone to set the automated wake-up call didn't work, but I called Guest Services and they gave me the #'s to plug in to activate the automated wake-up call.  Worked every time.  Oh, and when we got room service they did NOT call prior to arriving with your breakfast as they have on some other ships, so I was happy that I had the automated wake-up call set.