🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Really?  

I am leaving end of this month for Maui on the beach, land based condo for six weeks.  Then I am coming home for a week, and leaving again for land based rental homes in both Maine and Canada for the whole summer. 

Home again for a week, then off to Europe for a three week river cruise (Viking) in eastern Europe.  

Back home again shortly for a B2B on Wonder, 2 weeks before start of WC.  And that is just for this year.  

Following that is even more varied adventures all the way into 2025.  Don't assume that WC cruisers are doing just that as their only travel adventure. 

I can only wish that my DH would let Me book this much travel.

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy every minute!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I have the opposite problem...DW keeps asking why we are not traveling more than we already do, and we currently have 24 cruises booked, and several weeks doing land based vacations in between.

• Like 2

Looked over the segments today. I’d love to do some in the 4th, but the cruise budget is used up for 2024. ( I might be able to squeeze out a couple out of Galveston yet.)

I could tell the kids and grands we’ve decided not to take them all on Harmony and that’d free up more than enough to go.  Do you think they’ll be okay with it?!!!!  Lol.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Actually it IS my DH that makes sure I book all these exotic travel plans.  I book, and ask for money to do so.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sympathy?   LOL!   😄  Geez....we are living life to the fullest.   Sorry about that.  😄 

My first post wasn't directed to you, not sure why you think it was.

27 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Nope.  That deposit is gone gone gone no matter what.

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The entire $8000 or $2000 is forfeit.  One of the conditions that was clearly spelled out when it was announced

That's crazy "Shipp" happens, there is no condition then that I would have booked like that with so much money on the line.

I would be praying then the whole cruise  is canceled by the cruise line then for one reason or another.

Just sounds more and more like this cruise is turning into a nightmare and it's still 8 months away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are the chances of this?

Royal does the right thing for all those that booked the Full World Cruise and the 4 segments going to each customer and canceling their booking and then give each one of those customer the chance to rebook at the current prices, their same exact cabins.

Giving each person that option before allowing others to book their exact cabins.

Seems like the right thing to do now, otherwise there seems there will be issues on the ship with passengers and possible even with the crew even though I know it isn't their fault.

Sounds like it could get ugly.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What are the chances in this?

Royal does the right thing for all those that booked the Full World Cruise and the 4 segments going to each customer and canceling their booking and then give each one of those customer the chance to rebook at the current prices, their same exact cabins.

Giving each person that option before allowing others to book their exact cabins.

Seems like the right thing to do now, otherwise there seems there will be issues on the ship with passengers and possible even with the crew even though I know it isn't their fault.

I presume other cruise lines with premium sailings also have onerous booking conditions for the early takers and then relax the prices to fill any leftover inventory. Resort hotels have been known to do this for grand openings. Its the risk you take by jumping into the pool first, and the risk of missing out if nothing opens up later. The 17 segment thing seems unsurprising to me at this point, but I wasn't actively thinking that it would happen either. I just assumed they would sell out after they opened the four segments and that would be the end of it except for scraps caused by late cancelations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Or only cruising with RCI.  😉 

Speaking of Florida....news Channel 2 is circling our house right now.   Apparently 5 doors down, one of our neighbors was just attacked by an Alligator...news to follow at 5 pm.  😮 

I just googled it. Yikes! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What are the chances of this?

That could cost well over 30 million dollars

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Looked over the segments today. I’d love to do some in the 4th, but the cruise budget is used up for 2024. ( I might be able to squeeze out a couple out of Galveston yet.)

I could tell the kids and grands we’ve decided not to take them all on Harmony and that’d free up more than enough to go.  Do you think they’ll be okay with it?!!!!  Lol.  

You deserve some alone time.  Book a couple legs without the kids and grandkids.  We really liked some of the legs of the 4th segment as well.  Booked one of them (and had a hold on another consecutive segment) but wife told me that was too long away from the kids.   Looking forward to a very port intensive cruise on a class of ship we have not yet sailed.  We are getting tired of the same old Caribbean ports that we keep visiting over and over due to the time of year when we can usually travel.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That could cost well over 30 million dollars

Going to cost way more then that , the bad PR will get around about this one. This pretty much guarantees there will never be another WC offered again by Royal Caribbean.

They have did you all wrong!

Edited by Jimbo

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would be praying then the whole cruise  is canceled by the cruise line then for one reason or another.

Can you imagine the WHOPPING FCC one would have if they paid out the 125% for the FCC?  

14 hours ago, Pratique said:

My first post wasn't directed to you, not sure why you think it was.

Nope, just the ones on the WC.  

To each their own.  You would not want to do the WC...good for you.  But just because there are those of us who will enjoy this itinerary of places we have never seen, does not mean it is a fit for everyone.  

For us, it is just an expansion of the many adventures out there to enjoy.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

I just googled it. Yikes! 

Our friend and neighbor, one block down in the RV section (we are in the house section).   Lost his right leg.  Very sad.  His wife pulled him out of the Gators mouth.   He is recovering in the trauma center.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2