The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 26th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

6 minutes ago, go fish 44 said:

re past cruiser,   How do you go about giving Hal your past cruiser numbers on Princess, and or Carnival?  

I'm not entirely sure.  I think if you have a PCC or Travel Agent they could handle it.  If not my best guess would be to either call the Mariner Society at 1‐800‐547‐9139 or email them at mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet, but not raining now, central Texas.  The rain will return later this afternoon and continue overnight.  It is 61F with a light breeze, and will reach 75F this afternoon.  It seems we have lucked out with the timing of the thunderstorms.  We have to take the convertible in to have the front end aligned and to check for any damage to the underside.  Every since the incident with the firewood in the road, the car has pulled to the right, and the blowout from hitting the pothole last month didn't help.  Fortunately, our appointment is between the rain storms.

My Australian friends are too far away for a hug, but I imagine we'll hug when we see them.  One couple is currently on the Zuiderdam for the world cruise.  DH likes pretzels, but until we discovered an ultra thin style, I wasn't not a fan.  Without the Richter Scale, we would never have a way to comprehend the strength of an earthquake.  Shortly after we sailed from Hiroshima in 2000, there was an earthquake.  The ship, the old Regal Princess, bounced up and down in the water a few times.  We felt the 1994 Northridge earthquake and at least one aftershock in our hotel room in Las Vegas.  We've also felt earthquakes in Quartzsite that happened in Mexico just south of El Centro, CA.  

With today's quote, you need to remember the times when Hedy Lamarr was acting and the general attitudes toward women.  In today's world, the quote is insulting to women, especially strong, intelligent women.  @kochleffel  Paul, thank you for reminding us about Hedy Lamarr's other life and how brillant she was.

I'm another one that doesn't think there is a way to prepare tofu that would be appealing.  Even our vegetarian younger DD will only eat tofu if it is fried crispy.  DH likes the drink if it is made with a non-London dry gin like the New Amsterdam Original Gin he discovered on the Koningsdam last year.  We've had La Marca Prosecco and enjoyed it.

We have not been to today's port.  Thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi, @grapau27 Graham, and @rafinmd Roy, for sharing your pictures.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope today's surgery is easier than you expect, and that the surgeon will be able to remove all the hardware.  

@bennybear  Brenda, sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery today, and for a quick recovery.  I'm also sending positive thoughts for a complete recovery for your DD's DFIL.

@dobiemom  That is good news you slept for 6+ hours.

@ottahand7  Nancy, you are in my thoughts on this sad anniversary of your DH's passing.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm glad your DH can discontinue some of the eye drops.  I hope he gets a good report from the doctor next week, and that the itching will clear up soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope any reaction to the Shingrix vaccine is mild.  

@TiogaCruiser  Laura, thanks for the great sunrise pictures.  We have not seen the seafood boil on a BHB before.  It reminds me of an occasional special seafood dinner on Princess in their buffet.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today is a beautiful day and I’m taking the afternoon off.  Happy Birthday @dfish I hope you have a wonderful day.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion, instead I’ll make sweet potatoes and ham for dinner.  I’m thinking of treating myself and go out for a good bacon burger for lunch.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.366a368907a5644a44bbc94ae50c1499.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 8

57 minutes ago, go fish 44 said:

re past cruiser,   How do you go about giving Hal your past cruiser numbers on Princess, and or Carnival?  

47 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm not entirely sure.  I think if you have a PCC or Travel Agent they could handle it.  If not my best guess would be to either call the Mariner Society at 1‐800‐547‐9139 or email them at mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

Roy

Roy's advice is good @go fish 44.  Our TA gave Holland America our Princess past cruiser numbers before we took our first cruise on that line.  We arrived with 1 star because of it instead of waiting until after the cruise for that benefit.  At the time you couldn't eat lunch in the Main DR unless you were a Mariner so we were allowed.  So have your TA give them that information, or do it yourself if you don't have a TA or PCC.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Nancy, hugs to comfort you on this sad day.  The memories never leave us.

Thank you Maureen for your nice comments to me and the others who offer support to the group each day.  Hoping your DH gets some relief from his eye issues.  

Thanks to you Roy and also Graham @grapau27 for your photos from Lanzarote.  Nice to see all the different things the islands have to offer.

Personally it is better to go to 

Costa Teguise.

Puerto del Carmen

Playa Blanca.

These are the 3 main Lanzarote resorts.

• Like 10

Good morning.  DH and I are having coffee and waiting for Pocket to finish up at the groomer.  Happy Birthday @dfishDebbie!

🎂🎉🎊🎂🎉🎊

Sending prayers for perfect surgery results for @kazuand @bennybear.  

@dobiemom, I haven’t been posting much because we’ve been caught up in family stuff (resolved now hopefully) but I’ve been following your eye situation.  Omg how uncomfortable.  Glad you finally got some rest.

Wishing all a good Wednesday.  Those having difficulties are in our prayers.  A Prosecco toast for those celebrating.  That’s what I have with dinner each night on a BHB. 😊

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Sunny here this morning but we had a pretty hard freeze last night. Spring is slow getting going.

@kazuand @bennybearhope everything goes smoothly today and healing comes quickly. @dfishHappy Birthday. And good wishes and good health to everyone else. As we get older we do seem to find and feel many more aches and pains and feel our illnesses and injuries more.

Will have to pass on today's food. Tofu is not kind to me. I spend much time at the grocery inspecting dressings, etc. for any type of soy product. Discovered this food sensitivity while on a long trip in China. Can take it in small doses... and wouldn't you know... Chinese is a favorite food.

Today will be spent on getting ready for a BOD meeting tonight... hopefully my last regular meeting. There is not much on the agenda for my fellow board members to argue about. Then the annual meeting to go. Our new ED has sent us a report of activity for the last month. She is doing a great job, but I am concerned about a couple of things and will simply ask a few questions and leave the discussion of the resolutions to the continuing Board members.

Off to dog walk and clean up the kitchen.

Susan

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

@dfish Happy Birthday! 

Quick update on DH. He's truly the Energizer Bunny. Monday the physical therapist wanted DH to try standing. DH looked at him and stood up - 5 times! Most were with assistance but they were self-motivated so that was good. Yesterday DH transferred, with a lot of help, to the wheelchair, and for the first time in over a month we went for a walk in the halls and sat outside in the sunshine. Yay! Progress in small steps but it's progress. 

Today is starting out gloomy and wet but sun is forecast. By Friday we're supposed to be in the mid-70s. Yikes! 

Have a great day! 

Karen

• Like 27

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

As I indicated earlier my visit to Lanzarote was on the Wind Star.  I did a ship's tours to a couple of distant sites.  The Island is volcanic with an observatory at a 1000 foot peak and a nice view:

1stoverlook.jpg

We went on to a higher peak with another overlook, this one at 1430 feet, looking down on the island of Graciosa, with a population of 100.

delrio.jpg

Our final stop was down near the water at Jameos del Agua. A very wide lava tube runs beneath the surface; open at each end, and there is lush vegetation. A series of bars and restaurants have been built into the tube, and in the middle there is a salt water lagoon. . A second lagoon and a large underground auditorium are also part of the system.

jameos1.jpg

jameos2.jpg

jameos3.jpg

jameos4.jpg

jameos5.jpg

By the way, while Windstar ships have sails, they are not really sailing ships; the sails are probably mostly for show and are computer controlled.  On each transatlantic (Surf in 2010, Star in 2014) we briefly shut down the engines and moved slowly along (I think about 5kt)  While I rarely find rough seas problematic, even in a calm ocean at that speed I got quite queezy at the motion.

Roy

Super photos Roy.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@marshhawkI don't think HAL gives everybody tiles, but all past cruisers.  One of the nice things about HAL is they consider anybody who has sailed with any of the Carnival brands a past cruiser.  I will suggest giving HAL your VIFP numbers as soon as possible.

Roy

That's interesting Roy.

We are Princess Elite and soon to be P&O Caribbean level which are Carnival brands but have not sailed HAL yet as we prefer Southampton sailings so nice to be recognised as a past cruiser.👍😃

Graham 

• Like 11

Good morning, what is left of it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the Daily and Fleet Report and your untiring dedication to keeping up with this everyday in Rich’s absence.  Thank you also to Debbie, Ann, Dixie and Eva, who is filling in nicely for Vanessa while she is on her cruise.

Hug an Australian.  Well, I know some that I have met on cruises, but none are close enough at present for me to hug physically so I will give them virtual hugs.

We like pretzels in this house and they are always around.  DH likes to have some with his preprandial.  I can take them or leave them.  As for Richter Scales, I understand their importance but hope I am nowhere near an earthquake so that they need to be used.

Hedy Lamarr’s quote is interesting.

I will skip the meal and libations today.  My tummy seems a bit off.  Eating light today.

We were in Arecife last year on our cruise on the Nautica.  When we returned to the ship I was starting to feel as if I had a sore throat and that was the beginning of my 11 day Covid experience. Not a happy time.  We missed the other three Canary Islands—the reason we went on that cruise and many other ports.  Maybe someday we will be able to return.

Have two appointments today.  Originally they were both at the same time.  How’s that for poor planning.  Thankfully my manicurist was able to reschedule me for a later time this afternoon.  So I am able to keep my hairdresser appointment at 1:30 and the mani-pedi appointment at 3:30.  

We are still working on putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.  I am getting nervous that we will not finish before our cruise.   Today i received a notice from USPS that a package is coming and on further investigation I realize it is the cruise docs from Oceania.  That makes me more nervous.  It is the first time that we do not have all our ports planned out.  I really feel behind the 8 Ball here.  I have to get moving on that.  I am not a fan of ship tours so I have to really get the ball rolling.

Still need to buy an area rug for the living room and small rugs for each side of the bed.  They will have to wait a bit longer.  Want to go up to Beaufort where we bought our furniture.  They have lots of nice stuff there.  Just need to have the time to do that.

Believe it or not, DBIL —Eugene passed away a year and a half ago and we are still trying to settle his estate.  Because he was a special needs person and mentally challenged, he did not have a will.  Since the funds were in New York and we are in SC, New York is very slow in releasing the money. The taxation Dept has been holding back the Letters of Administration since Sept. 15.  In my opinion this is criminal.  Rant over.

@kazu and @bennybearprayers for you both today as you deal with your surgeries.  Hoping for the best of outcomes for both of you.

@marshhawk Prayers for you as you deal with your difficult decision for Irving.

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  Thanks to all who post and prayers for all in need.

We are in Miami today and having a nice time.  Coco Cay tomorrow.  DH and DD are doing well at home.  Still waiting for repair man to bring part to repair dishwasher.  Think I will call to check on status of part.

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

@dfish Happy Birthday! 

Quick update on DH. He's truly the Energizer Bunny. Monday the physical therapist wanted DH to try standing. DH looked at him and stood up - 5 times! Most were with assistance but they were self-motivated so that was good. Yesterday DH transferred, with a lot of help, to the wheelchair, and for the first time in over a month we went for a walk in the halls and sat outside in the sunshine. Yay! Progress in small steps but it's progress. 

Today is starting out gloomy and wet but sun is forecast. By Friday we're supposed to be in the mid-70s. Yikes! 

Have a great day! 

Karen

Karen, I'm glad your DH is continuing to make progress.

59 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. Sunny here this morning but we had a pretty hard freeze last night. Spring is slow getting going.

@kazuand @bennybearhope everything goes smoothly today and healing comes quickly. @dfishHappy Birthday. And good wishes and good health to everyone else. As we get older we do seem to find and feel many more aches and pains and feel our illnesses and injuries more.

Will have to pass on today's food. Tofu is not kind to me. I spend much time at the grocery inspecting dressings, etc. for any type of soy product. Discovered this food sensitivity while on a long trip in China. Can take it in small doses... and wouldn't you know... Chinese is a favorite food.

Today will be spent on getting ready for a BOD meeting tonight... hopefully my last regular meeting. There is not much on the agenda for my fellow board members to argue about. Then the annual meeting to go. Our new ED has sent us a report of activity for the last month. She is doing a great job, but I am concerned about a couple of things and will simply ask a few questions and leave the discussion of the resolutions to the continuing Board members.

Off to dog walk and clean up the kitchen.

Susan

Susan, this must be a RED letter day with the last BOD meeting.  I hope it goes smoothly for your.

36 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning, what is left of it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the Daily and Fleet Report and your untiring dedication to keeping up with this everyday in Rich’s absence.  Thank you also to Debbie, Ann, Dixie and Eva, who is filling in nicely for Vanessa while she is on her cruise.

Hug an Australian.  Well, I know some that I have met on cruises, but none are close enough at present for me to hug physically so I will give them virtual hugs.

We like pretzels in this house and they are always around.  DH likes to have some with his preprandial.  I can take them or leave them.  As for Richter Scales, I understand their importance but hope I am nowhere near an earthquake so that they need to be used.

Hedy Lamarr’s quote is interesting.

I will skip the meal and libations today.  My tummy seems a bit off.  Eating light today.

We were in Arecife last year on our cruise on the Nautica.  When we returned to the ship I was starting to feel as if I had a sore throat and that was the beginning of my 11 day Covid experience. Not a happy time.  We missed the other three Canary Islands—the reason we went on that cruise and many other ports.  Maybe someday we will be able to return.

Have two appointments today.  Originally they were both at the same time.  How’s that for poor planning.  Thankfully my manicurist was able to reschedule me for a later time this afternoon.  So I am able to keep my hairdresser appointment at 1:30 and the mani-pedi appointment at 3:30.  

We are still working on putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.  I am getting nervous that we will not finish before our cruise.   Today i received a notice from USPS that a package is coming and on further investigation I realize it is the cruise docs from Oceania.  That makes me more nervous.  It is the first time that we do not have all our ports planned out.  I really feel behind the 8 Ball here.  I have to get moving on that.  I am not a fan of ship tours so I have to really get the ball rolling.

Still need to buy an area rug for the living room and small rugs for each side of the bed.  They will have to wait a bit longer.  Want to go up to Beaufort where we bought our furniture.  They have lots of nice stuff there.  Just need to have the time to do that.

Believe it or not, DBIL —Eugene passed away a year and a half ago and we are still trying to settle his estate.  Because he was a special needs person and mentally challenged, he did not have a will.  Since the funds were in New York and we are in SC, New York is very slow in releasing the money. The taxation Dept has been holding back the Letters of Administration since Sept. 15.  In my opinion this is criminal.  Rant over.

@kazu and @bennybearprayers for you both today as you deal with your surgeries.  Hoping for the best of outcomes for both of you.

@marshhawk Prayers for you as you deal with your difficult decision for Irving.

Prayers for all on the Cares list and Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, with all that's on your plate, you do need that cruise.  Remember, to take care of yourself, and if you don't get the house completely put back together before your cruise, it will wait until you get back.  Relax by doing some planning for the cruise instead.

24 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

How cold is our cabin? The Concierge just took a temperature reading! It’s 51 degrees F!😱

Bruce, we had a cabin on Prinsendam that would not warm up, but it was warmer than 51F.  They tried everything, but nothing helped.  I hope they can get your cabin warmer.

With all that has been going on with the Dailyites lately, I thought we could use some more smiles.  I try to be even handed for the dog lovers and the cat lovers.  However, today FB yielded mostly dog memes.  But there are a couple of non-animal memes too.  I hope none of these are repeats.

May be an image of cat

May be an image of dog and text that says 'I'M HERE WITH LOUIE, WHO WATCHED IN HORROR AS HIS HUMAN SNAPPED A COOKIE IN HALF AND TRIED το PASS IT OFF AS A WHOLE TREAT. RIME RMES2 NOT CRIME SCENE .DO METZGER'

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

May be a doodle of dog and text that says 'Top Sleeping Positions @DrawtismArt for Dogs @draw_tism The Burrito 2. The Sistine Chapel Look mom! I'm a Rug The Bagel The Luge I ate too much The Egg 8. Grandad after xmas Dinner 9. The Drama Queen 10. Breakdance'

May be an image of text that says 'Copr. 1959 by United Festure Syndicałe, Inc. LRAN "Maybe it is pretty-but how can I carry my frog and my worms in a dress with no pockets?" 11-22'

May be an image of dog and text that says 'ROVER MAN YoU SPOIL THAT DOG!'

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Haha 22

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

This was a few hours ago, off the coast of Mexico.

IMG_1091.thumb.jpeg.d0d5ca79ffa80631bc4e68ca97d6942a.jpeg

IMG_1094.thumb.jpeg.b1731073e5024e9be00380b91ee2d968.jpeg

IMG_1093.thumb.png.13818b57ce9804a51c640cd76536de9e.png

Sending thoughts and prayers for Brenda and Kazu today with their surgeries.

Has anyone had this? Apparently it’s new:

IMG_1096.thumb.jpeg.6d3552e02434b5b16894189bd06e677d.jpeg

We were talking with our pastor a few days after a local (small) earthquake. (That quake was essentially a very little jolt and wobble.) (Our town has a fault that occasionally gets active.) He’s from the south and only came to SoCal a few years ago. Several of us were wondering what his response to the earthquake would be. He seemed to think that was typical for earthquakes and no big deal. We’re all wondering what his reaction will be when we get the next significant one. 😉

(They aren’t even related.)

Have a great day everyone!

Saw the poster for the Seafood Boil -- I wanted to try it but hubby's not crazy about some of the ingredients so we didn't.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good afternoon.  Thanks to all who post and prayers for all in need.

We are in Miami today and having a nice time.  Coco Cay tomorrow.  DH and DD are doing well at home.  Still waiting for repair man to bring part to repair dishwasher.  Think I will call to check on status of part.

Have a great day.  Katherine 

Hope you have a perfect day at Coco cay Katherine.

We had a perfect day on Oasis 30th January 2023.

Graham.

IMG_20230130_074042.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

@dfish Happy Birthday! 

Have a great day! 

Karen

It's great to hear about this progress from your DH.  Wonderful news!

43 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

How cold is our cabin? The Concierge just took a temperature reading! It’s 51 degrees F!😱

That is crazy cold!

24 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Ours was very cold during the Amazon cruise. Kept it cold and asked for blankets. Rather cold than warm. 

I could have written this post Dixie!  Our room was like a freezer on the Volendam Amazon cruise and we asked for blankets too.  Never reported it because like you said, I'd rather be cold than too warm.  You can throw on more clothes or blankets but when too hot, it's hard to cool off.

• Like 12

Good morning all! 

I'm glad I posted 7 hours ago (just to get on the first page) when I couldn't sleep, because now this may not post until page 4. 🤣  Yes, it was "one of those nights" and strangely DH was having a hard time sleeping too.  Not sure why.  It took a   l o n g   time to get back to sleep, but then slept until after 8.

I don't know any Australians to hug unfortunately, and can take or leave pretzels which is good because I shouldn't have the salt anyway.  Whenever the Richter Scale is mentioned in our local news it isn't good news because it always means we've had an earthquake.  We don't get many, but can get some real shakers.

I'll pass on the tofu (but love PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps made with meat).  Also will pass on the drink but would like the wine.  I took the quote at first to be insulting to all women, but then I Googled Hedy Lamarr and the photos of her looked just like her quote so I hope she was including herself in that description!

Yesterday afternoon was very nice because I sat outside in the sunshine and chatted with neighbors for 4 hours.  We definitely got all caught up on the news!  Today will be laundry and finishing the packing for Monday's cruise.

Thinking of Jacqui @kazuand Brenda @bennybear today as they have their surgeries.  I hope they both have successful surgeries and positive outcomes.

Laura @dobiemomthat's great that you were finally able to sleep longer than a couple hours last night!

Hugs to Nancy @ottahand7on the anniversary of her DH's passing.

Karen @luvteachingThat's great news about your DH's progress!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2