Memorial Day Sale? Anyone seeing deals?

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

oh wow...I literally signed in early this morning and it was all full price, but now i see the sale. Maybe I still had the page open from yesterday. But yeah, Its the normal sale...which is all I expect at this point. Basically DBP goes from 77 to 72 every sale.

I check hoping the DBP for my upcoming cruise will ever actually go to 30% or 35% instead of the BYGO50% which gets it only to $75.99 - 30% or 35% would be savings - not much but I'll take anything lower!

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Great sale  My Wonder sailing in August now has the UDP ON SALE for $287.99 plus tip.  It has been at the always sold out price of $187.99 on and off for several days now

Mine all went up in price since yesterday when there was no 'sale'. haha!  

• Like 2

Holy Cow.  Just checked for my Aug 2024 cruise on Quantum.  On May 2 the UDP was $226 today it is $327.  3 night jumped from $113 to $132.  Although base prices for each restaurant remained the same, can we now anticipate a base price increase in the near future?  Or is RCI trying to "catch" those who only rarely check prices who are now checking for a Memorial Day Sale that is not a sale at all?

• Like 2

Let's see....5 day dining package up $110 from our purchase.  Izumi Hibachi lunch up $10 pp.  Chops lunch same.  Individual specialty dining up about $15 pp.  

Sounds about right for Memorial Day at RCI.  Waiting for Black Friday now.  Can't wait to see that pricing!  🤣

another big hike in the dining packages so the sale is more expensive. For our Feb 24 cruise, UDP was $226 last week, $261 not on sales earlier this week and $289 today.  Same for the 3 meal package, has been 112 for ever with no sales and today is $132 on sale.  But the drink packages are at least consistent with what they were. 

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Last night, when randomly browsing, I noticed Taste of Royal lunch being offered at $34.99 with no discout showing. Today, it's up to $35.99 with a supposed 10% off of $39.99.

Similarly, Izumi was being offered at $30.99 with no discount and today it's up to $35.99 with the claim of it being 10% off of $39.99.

And 3 or 4 weeks ago, before the last sale all of these were at $28.99 15% off. Then the dining sale started and some said pkgs less, but all of these changed to 10% off, $2 more. 

I was going to ask for bogo, as I only got $3 off full priced so I thought who cares if they cancel and rebook full price  ...but now I'm booked at 28.99 a month ago, and full price is 39.99. 

Some memorial sale. HUGE!!  Lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

In general, yeah. Never know when the base price of a restaurant may go up. That said, I'm not looking to book individual dinners for my cruise 10 months out. If it costs me an extra $8 in the end, so be it.

I'd be more inclined to lock in the DBP, UDP, Internet, etc. farther in advance. Dinners require some planning. Just how I look at it of course. If others feel differently, that's cool too.

Some of us are D+ and when you get there you might see it too. Book night 1 or 2 and ask onboard for bogo.

My 5 cruises this year I have something booked direct all 5. Had no idea it was a bargain lol. 5 meals at a $7 increase is $35. In one month.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, happy cruzer said:

Hi,  I got an email for a TA that was advertising their memorial day sale.  The offers did not look that good to me.

In the past, there seemed to be good offers at Memorial Day or even better ones for Labor Day.

Anyone seeing good offers for RCI or any other lines?

Thanks.

Sales would have seen last 3 yrs not needed this yr. CV/shutdowns over, Ships back to 108+ percent Capacity

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Great sale  My Wonder sailing in August now has the UDP ON SALE for $287.99 plus tip.  It has been at the always sold out price of $187.99 on and off for several days now

We paid $225 pp ( about a month ago)   for the dining  package on Wonder.   The price fluctuated from $225 pp to $260 pp.  I see it is even higher now.  We caught it at $225. We paid the same amount about 8 months ago for a recent Wonder sailing, so I was glad there was no increase from almost a year ago.     Glad we book it wehn we did.  

I wonder if that $187 was ever available?  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, happy cruzer said:

Hi,  I got an email for a TA that was advertising their memorial day sale.  The offers did not look that good to me.

In the past, there seemed to be good offers at Memorial Day or even better ones for Labor Day.

Anyone seeing good offers for RCI or any other lines?

Thanks.

In my opinion,not worth it to cruise anymore.Wall Street Journal had an article how crowded ships are now.The prices have doubled and the quality has gotten so much worse. Food,service and employees.So sad for us who knew what it was like in the past.

Edited by garsny

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We paid $225 pp ( about a month ago)   for the dining  package on Wonder.   The price fluctuated from $225 pp to $260 pp.  We caught it at $225. We paid the same amount about 8 months ago for a recent Wonder sailing, so I was glad there was no increase from almost a year ago.     Glad we book it wehn we did.  

I wonder if that $187 was ever available?  

M

I had the UDP booked at $225 but cancelled it.  Booked a couple of dinners and sea day lunches at Giovannis when they were on sale back in November.    Today the lunches are $22 plus tip  I don't think the $187 was ever available

$12.96

(15% OFF)PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS
Guests
Ellen
Edited by molly361

14 minutes ago, garsny said:

In my opinion,not worth it to cruise anymore.Wall Street Journal had an article how crowded ships are now.The prices have doubled and the quality has gotten so much worse. Food,service and employees.So sad for us who knew what it was like in the past.

In your opinion from cruising recently or from an article you read?

I have routinely sailed on full ships for years and prices are up but I'm certainly not paying double (and I've booked 2 in the past month).

To each his own. Until I don't enjoy cruises I actually take, it's still worth it to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, garsny said:

It’s making land vacations look better and better lately….you can spend a week on a Greek island for a lot less. 

• Like 1

We don't do excursions often, hardly at all, actually.  But, I got bored tonight and am getting very anxious to get my next cruise going, so I looked at the excursions for our Harmony sailing on Jan 2024.  It looks like their sales for the available excursions are 10 - 15% off.  But, like most sales on cruise lines, the % doesn't mean much because you don't know off of what.  To me, even with the sale, they are very highly-priced.  And I have no idea what the prices were before the sale.  There are only 4 excursions listed for Roataan right now.  We want to go to the Chocolate Factory and Rum store excursion but it isn't listed yet.  My wife, the shopper, will be keeping her eye open for it as we get closer to the sail date.  So, for us, this sale is a bust.

I have an upcoming sailing on the Grandeur in July.  No new sales.  I agree with a previous poster its to grab the unwary shopper to get that sale.  Those of us who check daily, no.  The specialty dining pricing is ridiculous at this point.  We decided to do embarkation day lunch at Chops, Giovannis on 1st sea day for lunch and one dinner at Izumi.  I eat light dinners with my diet so this works for us.  I also noticed price increases for all specialty dining with the sales on 3 of my upcoming sailings.  I think my upcoming Grandeur sailing may be it for the specialty unless there's a real sale.  While I enjoy the quiet and ambiance, I like my money more.

8 hours ago, WarGuyEd said:

For me, Chops+1 went from what I purchased it at $84.99 down to $75.99. But, it is showing sold out! So, I will keep what I got.

Checked it again this morning. The "sale" price has now gone up to $88.99 and it is now available to reserve again.  (The only time I have ever gotten any decent "sales" was on Black Friday)

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

I have an upcoming sailing on the Grandeur in July.  No new sales.  I agree with a previous poster its to grab the unwary shopper to get that sale.  Those of us who check daily, no.  The specialty dining pricing is ridiculous at this point.  We decided to do embarkation day lunch at Chops, Giovannis on 1st sea day for lunch and one dinner at Izumi.  I eat light dinners with my diet so this works for us.  I also noticed price increases for all specialty dining with the sales on 3 of my upcoming sailings.  I think my upcoming Grandeur sailing may be it for the specialty unless there's a real sale.  While I enjoy the quiet and ambiance, I like my money more.

We are light eaters too and you just can't get your money's worth with a fixed price. On our last couple of cruises we've done the boarding day lunch at Jamies and even at the lower price it's still a lot of money for what we actually eat.

I would like to see an à la carte option at all of the specialty restaurants as that would work better for us.