Is there a website that shows which cabins are available?

9 hours ago, horseymike said:

Anyone know a website showing availability of cabins on various cruise ships ?

If you start any booking process online you generally see the available cabins?  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

If you start any booking process online you generally see the available cabins?  

you will see some cabins , not all.

TA's can usually see all using their booking engines, depending on which cruise line.

Edited by MCC retired

I've always wondered why the cruise line website would not show all available cabins for the desired occupancy level.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I've always wondered why the cruise line website would not show all available cabins for the desired occupancy level.  

The only reason that comes to mind is they don't want to publish the occupancy level.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

The only reason that comes to mind is they don't want to publish the occupancy level.  

That could be it.  In my mind, having options for customers who are trying to book the cruise would be more important.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 9:18 PM, horseymike said:

Anyone know a website showing availability of cabins on various cruise ships ?

There is no third party website that I am aware of that tracks the different cruise line's ships stateroom inventory.  First of all, the cruise lines don't release that information publicly and show availability only on their websites and travel agent booking site.  But even if they did, with the number of different cruise lines and ships and itineraries and sailing dates, the information would literally change hourly and would be IMO extremely difficult and undesirable for them to manage on behalf of that website.  Besides, Travel Agent's booking volume and direct booking inquiries make that unnecessary.

With all of the differentiation between cruise lines, I also don't think they would want to have all their information lumped into a large common pool of data with the other cruise lines where their distinctions could get blurred. They likely prefer to have you seek them out individually or through a TA recommendation where they can show their competitive advantages of booking through them.

I think the only way to see inventory availability as others have mentioned is to talk with a TA or go to the different cruise line's websites and do mock itinerary searches.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are two online websites that I use for booking cruises.  Those two sites show inventory, BUT most likely, the inventory they are "allowed" to sell as a discount cruise company.  I have been using them both for at least a dozen or more years.  Unfortunately, you can't mention them.  

I saw on a different thread where on one Princess ship you got different results if you were looking for a cabin for 2,3 or 4 people. Folks looking for a cabin for 2 people didn't see the cabins that would accommodate 3 or 4.  Changing the number of passengers let them see the other cabins then they could have their TA request one of those.  This seems like a scheme to maximize revenue.

3 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

I saw on a different thread where on one Princess ship you got different results if you were looking for a cabin for 2,3 or 4 people. Folks looking for a cabin for 2 people didn't see the cabins that would accommodate 3 or 4.  Changing the number of passengers let them see the other cabins then they could have their TA request one of those.  This seems like a scheme to maximize revenue.

Absolutely.  And if you try to search for a solo cruiser, all the cabins disappear.  Not because there are not solo cabins, but because they don’t want to book solos.  EM

12 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

But if they want that cabin later so as to book a cabin with 3 or 4 passengers, they may move you even if you check no upgrade.

12 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Yet another advantage of using a good TA.  When I call my TA and ask her about what is available on a few lines that I am interested in she can immediately tell me what is available.  

DON

And ours having booked cabins for us for years, knows where we like to be and looks for those types of cabins.