What is the service where you get items delivered to wherever you are?

mattR

Cant remember what the service is called where you pay $15 for the length of the cruise to have them deliver drinks or food to wherever you are on the ship.  How do you sign up for it?  What drinks can you get in the main dining room for free other then water and tea/coffee? 

Posted (edited)

It's called OceanNow and it functions through the app once you are on board.  It is included with the Premier and Plus Packages.  If you do not have a package, you still use the service, but the first time that you do, your account will be hit with a one-time charge of $14.99.  That is for the whole cruise, not per day.  

skynight beat me by 7 seconds!

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattR said:

What drinks can you get in the main dining room for free other than water and tea/coffee? 

Unsweetened ice tea, milk, water, tea, coffee free in dining room.

In the buffet, can get free lemonade, unsweetened ice tea, coffee, water, milk, in the morning juice.  I don’t know if you can get lemonade in dining room.  In the morning, can get juice in the dining room, I don’t know if you can get juice in the evening.

56 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If you don't have a package, this is probably the one charge worth paying. I loved sitting in a lounge during the day and getting a beverage delivered to me.

I would call it “May be delivered to where you are or may not show up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mattR here’s some information for you. There will be a breakfast ( limited menu) hangtag that you may fill out and have delivered to your stateroom between certain times in the morning. That is complementary. It does not use the ocean now app ,it’s literally a door hanger that you put out at a certain time ,it tells all the information on the card.

IMG_0620.thumb.jpeg.fbe191f99e795e954215ac95fa92357a.jpeg

IMG_0619.thumb.jpeg.774e6b7d3c90b8cfb102bfb3112b0f69.jpeg

IMG_0618.thumb.jpeg.df355e6ad22ff3a71bb79ec1634c93ca.jpeg

1 hour ago, mattR said:

Can you have the room service food items delivered to wherever you are using Ocean Now or only to your stateroom? 

Just about anywhere on the ship. 

Two delivery location options will appear on the app: your stateroom number or the current location you're at. 

3 hours ago, memoak said:

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

@mattR here’s some information for you. There will be a breakfast ( limited menu) hangtag that you may fill out and have delivered to your stateroom between certain times in the morning. That is complementary. It does not use the ocean now app ,it’s literally a door hanger that you put out at a certain time ,it tells all the information on the card.

IMG_0620.thumb.jpeg.fbe191f99e795e954215ac95fa92357a.jpeg

IMG_0619.thumb.jpeg.774e6b7d3c90b8cfb102bfb3112b0f69.jpeg

IMG_0618.thumb.jpeg.df355e6ad22ff3a71bb79ec1634c93ca.jpeg

I agree.  One note of caution.  On recent Emerald cruise sometimes the orders would take an hour to get to us.

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I agree.  One note of caution.  On recent Emerald cruise sometimes the orders would take an hour to get to us.

But they did eventually get to you? On the Enchanted in May, I gave up by the end of the second day, having only had one of my orders actually delivered to me.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

But they did eventually get to you? On the Enchanted in May, I gave up by the end of the second day, having only had one of my orders actually delivered to me.

I believe it.  I was just writing it so people paying extra because of no package purchased should be aware they might be paying for something they may not be pleased with.

13 hours ago, memoak said:

And "server may mark order as delivered when they supposedly can't find you even though you haven't moved since you placed the order."

where are all the posts about excellent delivery service?  never mind 

anyway - I'm guessing we got 9 out of 10 delivered timely to our cabin - only one no show - so I guess if I had posted earlier, it would have been about the 'no show' - nah, tha's not me

and yes, we tipped every delivery, even with PLUS CA

that's how we roll

• Like 1

We have ordered items over 75 times and have always received them within 15 minutes except one time we did not receive anything.  We just reordered after 30 minutes.

38 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

We have ordered items over 75 times and have always received them within 15 minutes except one time we did not receive anything.  We just reordered after 30 minutes.

Wow! That is WAY better luck than I have had! I hope I have anything remotely close to that experience on my Enchanted sailing in August. I was one for six in the first two days on my May sailing. The only delivery I received was drinks in Princess Live. One of them was supposed to be a White Russian and it was undrinkable. I have no idea what was actually in it. My husband had slightly better luck... I think he managed to get drinks twice, but he also gave up by the third day.