GUEST IN RETREAT?

Hello,

I am thinking of asking my adult daughter to go on our September 1 cruise, only she would be in a regular verandah and I will be in a suite.  I vaguely recall somewhere that we are allowed to have a family member guest with us in the retreat for a fee per day.  Can anybody verify this for us and what is the fee.  I assume they will be allowed to dine with us in Luminae?  Any information you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

17 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I am thinking of asking my adult daughter to go on our September 1 cruise, only she would be in a regular verandah and I will be in a suite.  I vaguely recall somewhere that we are allowed to have a family member guest with us in the retreat for a fee per day.  Can anybody verify this for us and what is the fee.  I assume they will be allowed to dine with us in Luminae?  Any information you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Dining for non-Suite guests is on a space available basis.

• Like 1

My sister took her whole family on apex last year and they were allowed to bring each of their children with their spouse to dinner on separate nights and their three grandchildren another night . There is a fee plus you need permission but I don’t believe that should be a issue normally, they were just in sky suite.

22 minutes ago, RichYak said:

See the thread below for lots of good information on what I think you are asking. These packages are VERY limited and quite expensive.

no need for 2 threads!

As someone new to the Retreat I think Celebrity makes it less attractive if someone can guest their entire family or buy a cheap cabin and buy a Retreat package.  

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

As someone new to the Retreat I think Celebrity makes it less attractive if someone can guest their entire family or buy a cheap cabin and buy a Retreat package.  

How would one know if tey were a guest of a Retreat cruiser, if they are just sitting at the table dining together?

• Like 2

Typically guests are not allowed in the Retreat deck or lounge, but can come to Luminae for a fee when available.  Exceptions may be made by staff at times, but only at their discretion.  For example our adult daughter (21 at the time) was in a balcony cabin when we were in a sky suite and she was welcomed into Michael's Club.  The host told us "we like to keep families together" and she dined with us anytime she wanted, for which we were charged a fee.  We've also had friends sail with us who were in a balcony cabin and we were in the PH suite and on that trip they were not allowed access to the Retreat initially, then after the Retreat manager found we were in the PH and sailing with friends, all things changed and they went anywhere we did and there was never a charge for Luminae either.  We didn't complain or question the initial decision by staff in the lounge, but though a completely different conversation the manager found out we were sailing with friends and he recommended we bring them in. Some things you just won't be sure of until you sail.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Typically guests are not allowed in the Retreat deck or lounge, but can come to Luminae for a fee when available.  Exceptions may be made by staff at times, but only at their discretion.  For example our adult daughter (21 at the time) was in a balcony cabin when we were in a sky suite and she was welcomed into Michael's Club.  The host told us "we like to keep families together" and she dined with us anytime she wanted, for which we were charged a fee.  We've also had friends sail with us who were in a balcony cabin and we were in the PH suite and on that trip they were not allowed access to the Retreat initially, then after the Retreat manager found we were in the PH and sailing with friends, all things changed and they went anywhere we did and there was never a charge for Luminae either.  We didn't complain or question the initial decision by staff in the lounge, but though a completely different conversation the manager found out we were sailing with friends and he recommended we bring them in. Some things you just won't be sure of until you sail.

Your friends were very fortunate to be able to enjoy the benefits without the costs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

If you speak with one of the Retreat Concierges or the Retreat Manager in terms of asking if your daughter could accompany you in the Retreat Lounge on a sporadic basis rather than a full time basis, you might have a better chance.

When there is a special event being held in the Retreat Lounge, your daughter will probably not be able to come in at all, as space will be allocated for those who have regular access.

There is no guarantee this will work, but if you are prepared to ask for a “little bit” instead of the “all or nothing” approach, you may be surprised in a positive way.

I’m not sure I would push for access to the Retreat in the same fashion, but if you don’t ask, you’ll never know.

If the Retreat is more important to you than the Retreat Lounge, just follow the above approach leading with The Retreat ask.

Randy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

As you have written in another thread that you will not be booking the retreat again it probably shouldn’t matter to you any more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Huh? I didn't create a second thread. I directed OP to an existing thread on the subject.

I responded..but can't find? 

I know u did not create a second thread.. but feel it would be better combined..or referred to in the newer thread..

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

Your friends were very fortunate to be able to enjoy the benefits without the costs.  

Agreed!  However, from Celebrity’s perspective, it was likely an effective advertising campaign for the acquisition of new retreat guests and the retention of regulars. 

4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I vaguely recall somewhere that we are allowed to have a family member guest with us in the retreat for a fee per day.  Can anybody verify this for us and what is the fee.

There has been a program where guest in an Upper Suite can obtain a Retreat Pass for friends/family not sailing in the Retreat.  These have been very limited and I believe the price was on the order or $100 per person per day, but I am not sure. 

You can, as others have said, invite guest on a space available basis, to dine with you in Luminae but you must make arrangements with the maitre'd ahead of time.  The charge for these guest will be applied to your onboard account and not theirs.   When we did it, it was only available for lunch and not for dinner as Luminae was busy in the evenings. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The charge for these guest will be applied to your onboard account and not theirs. 

The charge can be put on either the suite passenger or the guest.   I have been both the guest and the host and both times I have paid.   Just tell the Matre'd which seapass you want charged.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The charge can be put on either the suite passenger or the guest.   I have been both the guest and the host and both times I have paid.   Just tell the Matre'd which seapass you want charged.

The two times we have done this, once as guest and once as host, we were told that the charges had to go on the suite guest account.  Glad your maitre'd let you pay when you were the guest as they insisted that I could not when I tried.  Like a lot of other things with Celebrity it seems a bit inconsistent. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

As you have written in another thread that you will not be booking the retreat again it probably shouldn’t matter to you any more

I’d be an idiot to pay Retreat prices when I can just have my friends get my entire family in.  Or pay 10% of the cost for a pass.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

’d be an idiot to pay Retreat prices when I can just have my friends get my entire family in.  Or pay 10% of the cost for a pass.

Good luck with that.  Let us know how it works out. 

• Haha 2

I recall this topic came up a few months back, similar reaction.  There were folks quoting price was $100 pp pd, but this option has been around for awhile; although not widely known as it was only available to high end suites and very limited number of passes.  The price when it started it was $100pp pd booked for entire sailing. 

With all the price increases and penny pinching X has done I doubt that the current price is still $100 pp pd.

If they still offer the retreat pass, it has to be purchased by the suite guest and the reservations need to be linked together. It gives the non retreat guest access to dine in Luminae, the retreat lounge and the retreat deck. It DOES NOT give them the perks of the retreat (drink package and wi-fi) 

It has to be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, it’s not sold on a daily basis. I believe the cost use to be $100 per day per guest, but was raised to $200 per day.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

If they still offer the retreat pass, it has to be purchased by the suite guest and the reservations need to be linked together. It gives the non retreat guest access to dine in Luminae, the retreat lounge and the retreat deck. It DOES NOT give them the perks of the retreat (drink package and wi-fi) 

It has to be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, it’s not sold on a daily basis. I believe the cost use to be $100 per day per guest, but was raised to $200 per day.

Great deal...less than booking a suite..  I recall there was a cap on the number of passes..to avoid  crowding..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great deal...less than booking a suite..  I recall there was a cap on the number of passes..to avoid  crowding..

Yes, there are only a handful of passes available on each cruise, if at all. I’ve been told that if the retreat is completely full, meaning all cabins are at capacity, they will not offer them at all.