Farewell to Eddy Jenkins

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Leaving Celebrity

2 hours ago, hcat said:

One of the best CDs of all time...a great talent and treasure trove of info..knew everyone in show biz! 

😪

Definitely follow him on Instagram to keep up with what he's up to next - his new name is "eddyfromwales".  Definitely one of the best.  Anyone remember Pete Baker, he was Activities Manager for years, some time back, and was CD for a while......he and Eddy are best mates, Eddy recently posted on Instagram with Pete - I have a fantasy of them doing something together as we also really loved Pete!  Happy for Eddy, but sad for his many Celebrity cruising fans.

• Like 2

Eddy is one of the very few memorable CD's I have cruised with in my 26 years of cruising. I loved his "10 Things You Don't Know" series. I also remember Pete. I believe Sue Denning is no longer CD either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 39august said:

Eddy is one of the very few memorable CD's I have cruised with in my 26 years of cruising. I loved his "10 Things You Don't Know" series. I also remember Pete. I believe Sue Denning is no longer CD either.

Sue Denning is now one of the Enrichment Speakers, is what she'd said on her Instagram account a while back when she retired from being CD.  I would love to sail with her as a Beyond the Podium speakers!  She gave a talk in the theater one of the many times we sailed with her, and what an extremely interesting life she has led as you may already know - she had a big hit on the music charts in England when she was a teenager!  

But, I do personally feel that Celebrity has several memorable CDs - I just wanted to give a shout out to Luigi, Rich Clesen Giuseppe and Dave - and now, Dominic Crosby, who recently was promoted to CD, was a fantastic Activities Manager and I've heard he's doing great as CD, yay for him!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

Sue Denning is now one of the Enrichment Speakers, is what she'd said on her Instagram account a while back when she retired from being CD.  I would love to sail with her as a Beyond the Podium speakers!  She gave a talk in the theater one of the many times we sailed with her, and what an extremely interesting life she has led as you may already know - she had a big hit on the music charts in England when she was a teenager!  

Thanks for sharing this update on Ms. Denning. She was my CD on the Summit in my first cruise after the pandemic. I thought she was all right. I wouldn't mind hearing her lecture on some random subject sometime. 

• Like 1

Dru Pavlov was one of our early X  favorites.. Classy and lots of fun..We think he moved into Royal mgmnt but lost track.  His wife was great in future sales dept.  

45 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

This is interesting to me.  I couldn't tell you who the cruise director is/was an any of the cruises I've taken.

Yep and I could not tell you the name of any captain I sailed with on my 25 plus celebrity cruises. 

• Like 3

CD can make a  diff in entertainment, music and events.  Some of them these days are a bit loud and shouty but they do run fun parties!

• Like 1