re meat pies

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You know, in all the cruises we never went to the Sanctuary, just gloated from a distance, she who was to be obeyed, god bless her, said it was a waste of money. Is it worth the money? 

We think so. It's usually very quiet there and you get great views over the bow of the ship. The sun loungers are super-comfortable unlike the regular ones Princess have around the pools.

17 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

For me it was breakfast lunch and tea.

Growing up in Western Sydney that was how it was for us. Mum would call out to us "get inside, wash your hands, its tea time'".

Not sure when it happened, but the evening meal, usually around 6:30pm, morphed into dinner at some point?? And 'tea' become a cuppa (or milk or GI cordial for us kids) with cake or bikkies mid morning or mid afternoon.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

Growing up in Western Sydney that was how it was for us. Mum would call out to us "get inside, wash your hands, its tea time'".

Not sure when it happened, but the evening meal, usually around 6:30pm, morphed into dinner at some point?? And 'tea' become a cuppa (or milk or GI cordial for us kids) with cake or bikkies mid morning or mid afternoon.

That happened with us too and by the time our children were growing up it was breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Leigh

19 hours ago, mr walker said:

I spent my teenage years in Fairfield, Sydney, and ate at many of my friends homes. The call to the evening meal was likely to come in any one of about eight languages. This is how I acquired my multi national food tastes, yum yum. 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Had a pie with mushy peas inside to celebrate my lucky purchase of an air fryer from Aldi.  One shop had an enormous queue, so we drove to another shop to see people with air fryers in trolleys flying out of the store.  

Is there something particularly special about Aldi air fryers😳

35 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

How much are they? I have seen air fryers ovens on Kogan for about $129 which I thought was a pretty decent price🤔

23L $100, with a lot of inclusions (pizza stone rotisserie bake tray airfare basket etc.)

Often with Aldi specials they only have a small number of the specials on sale, so you are lucky to be able to purchase what you want.

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Question ... How do you Fry Air  ??   and do you season it ?

And the most important  what Wine do you serve with Fried Air ???

Don

Just dust the seasoning gently and being a light dish I would pair it with something like a riesling or sauvignon blanc semillon maybe even a grenache rose 😜

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Just dust the seasoning gently and being a light dish I would pair it with something like a riesling or sauvignon blanc semillon maybe even a grenache rose 😜

The choice of wine would depend on the seasoning surely. A pinot grigio with Italian seasoning, unless it contains tomato when a sangiovese would be more appropriate. French seasoning would work best with rose, Mexican seasoning needs a beer! 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I haven't read the instruction manual yet.  I think Mic may have an air fryer already. 

Yes, cooked my pies in it the other day, 16 minutes from frozen and didn't have to heat the oven and cook for 45mins or have a soggy pie from the microwave..

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, cooked my pies in it the other day, 16 minutes from frozen and didn't have to heat the oven and cook for 45mins or have a soggy pie from the microwave..

Sound good Mic  ... quick to.... lunch in under 20 is a good thing......... thanks Don

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I also bought a new stick mixer with two bowls from Aldi for $20 today.  I have already used it and it is very good.  My last one from Big W was rubbish.  

Apart from the colour it looks very like the Sunbeam one I bought a couple of months ago, and it's very good. I've noticed before that some Aldi kitchen products are very similar to Sunbeam ones - the Aldi slow cooker I bought a few years ago was almost certainly based on a Sunbeam one.

I use my stick blender for all sorts of things. In fact I'll be making breadcrumbs with mine very shortly. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Apart from the colour it looks very like the Sunbeam one I bought a couple of months ago, and it's very good. I've noticed before that some Aldi kitchen products are very similar to Sunbeam ones - the Aldi slow cooker I bought a few years ago was almost certainly based on a Sunbeam one.

I use my stick blender for all sorts of things. In fact I'll be making breadcrumbs with mine very shortly. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the one factory made products for different brands.  I find the stick blenders very handy after years of doing everything by hand.  Today I used the small bowl for finely chopping carrot, zucchini, onion and bread for breadcrumbs for rissoles.  I used the tall bowl for blueberries with a little cream.  

52 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the one factory made products for different brands.  I find the stick blenders very handy after years of doing everything by hand.  Today I used the small bowl for finely chopping carrot, zucchini, onion and bread for breadcrumbs for rissoles.  I used the tall bowl for blueberries with a little cream.  

I don't use it for chopping veges as I actually enjoy doing that by hand but it gets used for lots of other things. I even make small batches of shortcrust pastry with it.

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't use it for chopping veges as I actually enjoy doing that by hand but it gets used for lots of other things. I even make small batches of shortcrust pastry with it.

I find the stick blender is better than the grater for fine grating vegetables.  You don't have to worry about your fingers slipping and getting cut on the grater. 

Good idea to use it for small batches of shortcrust pastry.