re meat pies

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

In my family they are called scons.  My grandmother used to make pumpkin scones, date scones and plain scones.  All whipped up anytime unexpected visitors arrived.  

Remember Flo BP's pumpkin scones?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, local senior bus tours still call at the family home for those famous pumpkin scones.  

She needs to make money out of scones, when she is probably  getting $200,000 a year parliamentary pension via Joh.? Outreagous ! 

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

She needs to make money out of scones, when she is probably  getting $200,000 a year parliamentary pension via Joh.? Outreagous ! 

If you're talking about Flo - she died in 2017!

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

Flo was a member of the Australian Senate for many years, so was entitled to her own pension.  She lived to the grand old age of 97.  

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Flo was a member of the Australian Senate for many years, so was entitled to her own pension.  She lived to the grand old age of 97.  

And she  would have got part of johs, defined benefit.

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And she  would have got part of johs, defined benefit.

Flo didn't get any pension from Joh. In fact, Joh was strongly pro-private enterprise and he chose not to participate in the parliamentary pension scheme. After he retired from parliament, he didn't receive any pension benefits.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Flo didn't get any pension from Joh. In fact, Joh was strongly pro-private enterprise and he chose not to participate in the parliamentary pension scheme. After he retired from parliament, he didn't receive any pension benefits.

He did not need superannuation pension then, must have had income from other sources, some suspect.  From what I know the peanut farmer would have faced the courts if he had not died.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

He was easily living off all the kickbacks and proceeds from all the corruption he was head of anyway.

We don't know that Joh got kickbacks. It has never been proven or even seriously alleged. Undoubtedly some of his Ministers did, but I don't think Joh did.

He was never charged with corruption. He was charged with perjury over evidence he gave to a Royal Commission, but the jury failed to reach a verdict. It has been said that he would have had another trial, but his poor health intervened.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Gosh, I really regret mentioning Flo’s pumpkin scones now, just as I regret mentioning frogs legs on the “Now for Something Completely Different” thread, although that only caused terrible dad jokes.  Actually, Joh’s mixed metaphors were always worth a chuckle.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think Joh was naive and believed the best of his Ministers and the Police Commissioner, even though they were getting kickbacks in brown paper bags.

D.D.D.D don't you worry about that! 

• Haha 1

I always thought he was a 🤡But then we had several 🤡playing Premiers in NSW - 'The Premier State.' (remember when that was on the number plates in NSW?)

I think Victoria was the 'Garden State.'   What was Qld? cannot remember, 🍌State?

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I always thought he was a 🤡But then we had several 🤡playing Premiers in NSW - 'The Premier State.' (remember when that was on the number plates in NSW?)

I think Victoria was the 'Garden State.'   What was Qld? cannot remember, 🍌State?

The Sunshine State

• Like 1