What do you do when you first board?

lbt43

If cabin is available I also drop off the carry on but I'm usually onboard much earlier. If I'm hungry I'll head straight away to get something to eat before the massive crowds arrive. If not I'll grab a drink, wander around the ship a bit, check out my dining room table assignment (if I have fixed dining) and just relax and enjoy the ship & the start of my vacation!

Head to our cabin (hopefully it's ready), and have a toast of our Bon Voyage wine. :)

Then we head out and check things off our list: find our table in the MDR, confirm specialty restaurant reservations, purchase wine package, etc. Oh, and grab a bite to eat somewhere in there! ;):D

If the stateroom is available upon boarding, I will immediately go there. Second, I want to read the daily program for the day in order to make plans. Then, probably, make any reservations for specialty restaurants, shore excursions, and/or spa program that I have decided to make once on board. Then, lunch.

If the stateroom is not available when I embark, I still try to obtain a copy of the daily program and plan the rest of my day ASAP.

We don't arrive at the pier in that initial frenzy, so by the time we do arrive, cabins are available, we drop off our hand luggage, check our card for dining and look at any other "mail", go to lunch and then explore the ship.

I guess our routine is not to have a routine. Depends on who we may be cruising with, weather, the ship. With DH being diabetic we often have to find some place to eat first. If it is a ship we have been on, we look for crew members we know, most cruises now we sit on the balcony and enjoy the wait until sail away.