Celebrity Press Release (9/20/19) New Ad Campaign: 'Wonder Awaits"

Andy

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

As of Sept 9 cruise Eden was still weird role playing skits.  

Did they still have the Andromeda role playing in the Club..late night?

They were really pushuping that on our cruise .Sounded nuts to us,

Seems someone at X  never left the sixties.

Quite frankly folks, some of you are thinking way to deeply on this while others remain in their self imposed hallucinatory funk with no cognitive recognition. "Wonder Awaits" is elaborately well done yet simple in its intention. "Cruise Celebrity and experience the wonderment of something beautiful, unexpected and unfamiliar." Celebrity is smart enough to know that its new brand offering is not for everyone. However, X is also smart enough to know that even the most successful product must explore new challenges in order to satisfy the cruising public (age notwithstanding). Unfortunately, some folks are unable and/or unwilling to understand and accept change (age notwithstanding). It's that hallucinatory funk thing, which like the ad campaign  has nothing to do with drugs or the sixties etc. It just has to do with today and beyond. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Celebrity quote: "We invite you on a journey that will awaken every sense, including your sense of wonder and intrigue, like never before." Interesting choice of a song for a cruise commercial since it's about doing drugs and they chose the part of the song that talks about dropping acid.

Edited by Beth2718
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

They got your attention..

great song, BTW. 

Yes, it is a great song.  Remember it well! However, it only got my attention because I couldn't figure out why on earth they would use that song for a commercial especially when there are too many of us out there that know what the song is about.

Not an issue unless you want it to be.  Don’t forget Royal Caribbean used Iggy Pop’s Lust for life in an ad campaign years ago.   That song was often referred to as an “Ode to drug culture”.

Edited by RickT

It seems like everyone wants to be cooler/more hip in their own minds than in real life. This ad targets old people who want to feel cooler than they are...for me these attempts are way too transparent and offend my intelligence.

I am not that smart, so I suspect other people find these ads a distraction from what they hope will be a decent product.

Edited by mdpa

I am catching up on my Fall TV watching and an episode of Law & Order: SVU from November used the song to underscore the opening scene in which a cult-like group is drugging & assaulting tourists.  It made me think of Celebrity!

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 6:48 PM, LouTheGlue said:

Love that song...actual name is White Rabbit.

My husband and I are in our late 60’s and White Rabbit is on my husband’s playlist on his IPhone and it plays in our car.  We are baby boomers (grew up in the 60’s) but never did drugs.  The song is just nostalgia 

and puts us in a relaxed mood.  We will be on the Edge for 2 weeks this winter and look forward to a different experience than the other 20+ cruises we have sailed on.  Hope Captain Kate,, who is in the commercial, is still on board on January 26.  She was our Captain on the Equinox last winter.

5 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

My husband and I are in our late 60’s and White Rabbit is on my husband’s playlist on his IPhone and it plays in our car.  We are baby boomers (grew up in the 60’s) but never did drugs.  The song is just nostalgia 

and puts us in a relaxed mood.  We will be on the Edge for 2 weeks this winter and look forward to a different experience than the other 20+ cruises we have sailed on.  Hope Captain Kate,, who is in the commercial, is still on board on January 26.  She was our Captain on the Equinox last winter.

Per her Instagram, she is on board through “at least” mid-March.

Worst idea for a commercial/song I've ever seen in my 60 years, that is for sure.  I cringe every time this comes on the tv.  And working with adolescents and young adult substance abusers, this is now their current anthem.....most had never even heard of this song/message until Celebrity chose to use it to promote Wonder.  Why would Celebrity promote "wonder" through psychedelic drug use?v Are you kidding me?

• Like 2