Qsine is dead. Long live Le Petit Chef?

Mynki

Constellation officially opened Le Petit Chef last night. We were told by staff that all of the other ships have already closed Qsine which has been replaced by LPC on other ships. 

We went to Qsine a few nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service there. I think we'll miss that restaurant. We try LPC tomorrow. 

Have Celebrity made the right choice here? 

22 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Constellation officially opened Le Petit Chef last night. We were told by staff that all of the other ships have already closed Qsine which has been replaced by LPC on other ships. 

We went to Qsine a few nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service there. I think we'll miss that restaurant. We try LPC tomorrow. 

Have Celebrity made the right choice here? 

Time will tell...

IMHO, I don’t think so. Qsine was a nice place to spend time with friends, share, laugh etc. 

LPC, as cute as it might be, is a thing to do once and check it off the list.

Plus, sitting around a table where everyone is focusing on their phones to take videos is just not my kind of dinner.

• Like 11

Not  a good change for us!

We liked the menu variety of Q sine and quirky presentations, . We'll miss it.

Eating  with a group, ordering from a set menu and timing it all to a cartoon or animation video projected on one's plate, is not something we  are interested in..Maybe  good for children.

Loss of Q- sine,  Silk Harvest and Bistro on 5 has left some of the ships with fewer choices.  How much Tuscan, sushi  and Murano can you do?

• Like 6

It's a gimmick as far as I'm concerned, definitely a one-and-done experience.  But more importantly I think you have to ask yourself, doesn't Celebrity know it's a on-and-done experience?   I think they do and I think it indicates there focus is on attracting new cruisers for each cruise and not relying on retaining loyal customers.  But that's probably the reality of the business, there are likely more new cruisers on most cruises than loyal customers that are cruising at least once a year.  

• Like 3

Had some good meals at Qsine in the past! On our last cruise a couple of weeks ago on Connie we did the seafood meal in Qsine for a change and it wasn’t anything special, the staff said the LPC was opening soon, might give it a try next time but have to agree it’s likely to be a one off type of meal.Dianne

We would eat in Qsine once or twice every trip - loved "the box" with the lamb chops and all the bits of Med. food - also the lava crab. Lots of good food on X ships but Qsine was special and really fun with a group. No interest in LPC - is this supposed to appeal to the younger demographic the line is supposedly trying to attract? We really miss Qsine.

I have no intention of trying LPC. It does not appeal to me in the least! They should have done it as a one night special dinner in Qsine per sailing. I think they will find out it is a bad choice. I am disappointed in the lack of specialty restaurants on the Equinox. I thought when they were "revolutionizing" it they would add more choices to the dining scene not less! The different themed dining rooms on Edge seem like a good idea. Reminds me of cruises of the past where each night the menu was themed- French, Italian, Caribbean. Mediterranean, etc.

• Like 7

They must be very popular for Celebrity to keep adding LPC to ships.  I'm really looking forward to our LPC and Friends dinner on Edge because I think it'll be a fun "dinner and show" type of thing, but I agree that I can't imagine it's anything but a "one and done" kind of experience. 

Perhaps when it stops selling so well Celebrity will start doing LPC only a few days a week and return the space to a regular specialty dining venue the other days.  

6 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

They must be very popular for Celebrity to keep adding LPC to ships.  I'm really looking forward to our LPC and Friends dinner on Edge because I think it'll be a fun "dinner and show" type of thing, but I agree that I can't imagine it's anything but a "one and done" kind of experience. 

Perhaps when it stops selling so well Celebrity will start doing LPC only a few days a week and return the space to a regular specialty dining venue the other days.  

On some ships, we have experienced a seafood night.  Extra charge but an extensive menu of items from the sea.

Was on Summit in January (2019).  LPC was scheduled to replace Qsine within a month.  Never Happened.

Perhaps the opinions above are why the roll-out of LPC is sooo slow.  Not really being well received.  Current corporate culture would never admit that.  So we'll see what happens next???

I too ate regularly in Qsine, and will not partake of LPC.  It's an overpriced gimmick.   

Qsine gave us lots of dining options and will be missed.  Perhaps the last straw in X's "evolution to modern luxury" for us.

• Like 1

Unfortunate.  We always liked Qsine.  It too was just a little bit gimmicky sort of like Wonderland on RCCL ships.  But good food, variety and service.  We have not had an opportunity yet to try LPC.  I think it might be a one and done for us but we will try it and see.  It will be a new and exciting experience for us the first time anyway.  But I can see us getting over the animation technology pretty quickly and perhaps would only go back if the food and service was worth it.

I am not a fan of LPC.  Over the years we have tried it about 4 times.  With the lobster and filet menu it was a good food option and we loved it.  I am not a fan of the new menu.  I will not go there without the lobster and filet menu.

I did like Qsine better than the new menu in LPC.

Edited by NMTraveller

Boarding the Summit next Saturday, got a call from Celebrity, Quisine will be closed for 3-4 day while they install some of LPC, but will reopen for the last few days of the cruise as Quisine.   Not excited to go to LPC, happy to experience Quisine for probably the last time on 10/7.  RIP.  LPC certainly sounds, as others have said, one and done. 

Really have to question Celebrity's direction.  No footstools, no table you can have room service on.  Questionable choices of new furniture.  Who's running the show and for how much longer?  Other cruise lines are certainly getting my attention.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Time will tell...

IMHO, I don’t think so. Qsine was a nice place to spend time with friends, share, laugh etc. 

LPC, as cute as it might be, is a thing to do once and check it off the list.

Plus, sitting around a table where everyone is focusing on their phones to take videos is just not my kind of dinner.

I don’t understand the need to film everything.....I really don’t..

• Like 2

My wife and I both love Qsine and neither of us will try the new concept.  It holds zero interest to us.  This change means less money in Celebrity's "pocket".  I suspect in the long run they'll grow to regret this move.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t understand the need to film everything.....I really don’t..

It is a novelty.  We filmed it the first time.  I started to film the new show on Edge and stopped.  I still have the original show on my phone.

Edited by NMTraveller

We found Qsine a one and done. LPC is less appealing to us than that. I like an elegant refined dining experience and am not a fan of cartoons projected on my plate. The menu, in order to have the cartoons make sense is limited and I don't care to wait between courses for others to finish, or rush through my meal to keep up with the "show." I think X will find LPC a huge fail. Indications of that are apparent already with LPC sitting almost empty most nights and having huge discounts offered on board to entice diners to try it. Additionally, the listed price for LPC is higher than Murano or Tuscan. That just makes no sense to me at all!  If not sailing with children I see nothing appealing.  The M-class ships have made a huge error IMHO when they got rid of the Ocean Liners/Murano type restaurants and replaced them with Qsine and now LPC. We, when sailing those ships skip specialty dining altogether. Sushi is not something DH likes let alone is willing to pay extra for, and we find Tuscan to be neither true Italian, nor a true steakhouse, but more like a slightly above the average Italian chain restaurant. The only thing we like there is the view, but if dining after dark, that feature is gone.

• Like 5

Recently on Solstice for a B2B and although we really enjoyed QSine in the past we were open to trying LPC. It was fun, entertaining, and different and the food was very good!  We were on a TP and towards the end they offered a second menu and different "show" so we went for a second time.  Mainly because the food was so good the first time.  I really don't understand those of you who have never even tried LPC making pronouncements about it. I encourage you to give it a try first. 😎

• Like 2