Qsine is dead. Long live Le Petit Chef?

Mynki

Thought LPC was cute and good food on Edge with the original filet/lobster menu. The new menu doesn’t appeal as much but will try it if the original is not available. We will return to  LPG, but only once per cruise.  We always went to Murano and Qsine twice per cruise so Celebrity will be losing one specialty dinner from us per cruise.   We will miss Qsine and if we had to pick between LPG and Qsine, would pick Qsine hands down.  

Mary Ann

The concept is unappealing to us  so even with  the best menu it  would not be a draw for us...We dine at our own pace  at our preferred time and prefer more menu choice!  

Wonder when the contract ends and how much it costs for the tech installations associated with LPC?

Hoping that eventually something more appealing replaces LPC after it runs it's course.

We did like the idea of the  outdoor movies with related dining / wines theme ,   but have not seen that recently.

• Like 2

Taking my first Celebrity cruise next year and have no desire to “experience” LPC. It reminds me of a Disney-fied wedding banquet where everyone gets the same food at the same time. It might be cute for children, but I think totally replacing Qsine is a bad decision on Celebrity’s part. They should have kept Qsine and added LPC in a smaller dining room. I doubt many adults will want to go back after trying it once.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bhughey said:

We just disembarked the Summit yesterday which still has qsine. We are there the first night of the cruise. Although rumored to become LPC, which I would not be I interested in.

It's not a rumor.   Celebrity is getting rid of Qsine across the fleet.  When we were on the Summit last month and ate at Qsine, we were told it will become LPC in November.   

We have little interest in LPC and, in any event, it seems like a one and done even if we tried it, but Qsine has such a varied menu that it can hold up to repeat visits. 

• Like 2

We tried LPC on Equinox. Wouldn't have done it for the $55 they were asking! To charge more for LPC than Tuscan or Murano is crazy.

It was fun for one time. The food average, the main course of steak was tough and the frites were oily and soggy. 

I will miss Qsine. 

1 hour ago, Katyoparty said:

Recently on Solstice for a B2B and although we really enjoyed QSine in the past we were open to trying LPC. It was fun, entertaining, and different and the food was very good!  We were on a TP and towards the end they offered a second menu and different "show" so we went for a second time.  Mainly because the food was so good the first time.  I really don't understand those of you who have never even tried LPC making pronouncements about it. I encourage you to give it a try first. 😎

Look, for most it’s not about trying LPC... it is about repeating LPC. How many times can you go... one time, two times?

Qsine was about socializing, chatting, sharing... and a large choice of food. I am not saying you could repeat Qsine every day, but I dare say more often than watching the same cartoons.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 2

On the Constellation in May, we tried Qsine for the first...and last time.

Our experience was far from enjoyable. The menu concept was different and our server who did not speak much English was unable to explain it to us. As a result, our meal lacked cohesion and we misinterpreted some of the dishes we ordered.

Despite the interesting, yet unusual way dishes were served in Qsine, we ended up leaving the restaurant wishing we had eaten in the MDR instead, both for the service quality and the meal enjoyment. 

I have read a bit about Le Petit Chef, and the gimmick side of it may keep me away from that experience. Once burned, twice shy.

We loved Qsine.  Ate therw at least once per cruise since there was enough variety to please everyone in our group. Plus it was enough different from everything else to keep us returning. We always got a discount. LPC doesn't appeal that much because of the limited choices but we won't rule it out at some point if we can get a good discount. I don't eat seafood and don't much care for beef so we'll see.

Isn’t it still marketed as “Le Petit Chef at Quine”? This would suggest to me that Celebrity are slightly hedging their bets so that they can bring back Qsine on some nights of a cruise or even drop LPC altogether if the financials no longer add up.

The commercial agreement with the providers will be confidential, but I would expect that their is a royalty fee / licence that Celebrity have to pay per diner - possibly with a minimum amount that must be paid.

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

I read nothing but negative reviews of Qsine for several years until they decided to get rid of it...

I don't think you read enough reviews.  We read (or wrote) dozens of good reviews of Qsine.

Not seeing that in any way, shape or form for LPC.  Childish concept with boring food IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Qsine was our fave restaurant on Celebrity and we would often go twice per sailing.  On our most recent cruise on Reflection Qsine was no more so we tried LPC.  Even with the discount that was being offered, it was less than a third full.  We enjoyed the food and the animation, but feel it is a one and done thing.  Not sure how they will be able to justify keeping it going if they can't fill the seats.  I agree it would be better to keep Qsine and offer LPC a few times each cruise.

We find same thing about Sushi on 5....almost always empty.  We went once when they had Indian night and less than one third full.  Meanwhile Al Baccio is right next door and bursting at the seams.

Celebrity needs to look at underutilized venues and find a way to make them more appealing (which would also make them more profitable - so don't understand why this hasn't already been addressed).

• Like 1

We only dined in Qsine once.  We felt guilty wasting so much food.  (We were only a party of four).

We dined in the Le Petit Chef in January.  We thought the food was excellent and we enjoyed the presentation.  We certainly would not dine there more than once a cruise, but once is more than with Qsine.
I would think the Le Petit Chef would be more cost effective for Celebrity with less waste.  

If I were making the decision, I would turn the venue into a theme that was variable, but that might be difficult to manage.  Sort of like a “pop up” restaurant.  

Was on Equinox a couple of weeks ago, great cruise thoroughly enjoyed it.   We were Aqua so Blu was our restaurant.  We had our favorite waiter, Wayne, and had to wait for 5 or 10 minutes occasionally.   The waiting area for Blu is just outside of LPC and they had a staff member out there trying to convince folks to book.   A bit aggressive for me.

44 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Never liked Qsine.  I assume statistics on usage is used to make decisions.  If/when LPC has no profit ...they will move on.

Not necessarily! Look at Sushi on 5 as an example of a specialty restaurant that sits almost empty on every ship, yet it remains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think having a variety of dining types for speciality restaurants is a great idea in principle. The  ‘formal’ option (Murano’s) the more relaxed speciality (Tuscan) and the novel/fun (Q’sine and LPC). In practice, however, if you are paying a significant amount extra for a dining experience when you already have a perfectly good MDR experience included at no cost you, quite rightly, expect the food and ambience in the speciality to be ‘special’ and not just different.

We were never fans of Q’sine, the gimmick of the iPad menu was odd. There were items we enjoyed but it was a once per cruise event. We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to LPC and found the original menu tasty. However, the novelty had worn off when we dined with LPC and friends and the second menu was less appealing. 

I can never ever understand why they don’t have a restaurant that matches its menu to the deployment area...So when Reflection, for example, is in the Mediterranean it has the Q’sine space offering a menu of Mediterranean specials but then when it returns to the Caribbean it could revert to some Caribbean specials or Mexican offerings...On our last cruise Sushi opened one night with a ‘special’ Indian menu. Seemed like a good idea but when we spoke to someone who had paid for this special he said it wasn’t as interesting or tasty as the selection in the buffet...

It will be interesting to see how long LPC lasts...

• Thanks 1