Pet Peeves In Luminae and Elsewhere

Plato123

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

... or we just don't order the Caprese salad 🙂

I ordered the Caprese Salad once on a cruise.  I didn't like the taste of the tomatoes.  When in Europe, I love Caprese Salads, since they almost always have fresh tomatoes.   The tomatoes that you get in the USA are usually not so great.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I ordered the Caprese Salad once on a cruise.  I didn't like the taste of the tomatoes.  When in Europe, I love Caprese Salads, since they almost always have fresh tomatoes.   The tomatoes that you get in the USA are usually not so great.

US tomatoes have been engineered to serve McDonald's 

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

I don't eat tomatoes. In fact, they used to have an heirloom tomato salad that I'd order but ask them to hold the tomatoes. 😁

I like the way you think.

I have ordered the baked Ziti, hold the ziti. 🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Absolutely.  I once encountered a gentleman in his bathrobe in the buffet.  I asked him if his luggage had been lost.  He didn't get it.

Therefore he had to wear a bathrobe because he didn’t get it ( his luggage).  🤗.   

We were at a late night comedy and a female walked in wearing a robe.   Don’t know if she was a plant or not but the comic used her for a large part of his show.  

One night I was talking to the desk clerk at a hotel and it is unbelievable about the stories he had about the guests coming  to the front desk late at night.  They acted as if they were in their own home and not in a public place and many times  being completely nude asking for soap, lotion,  towels, condoms, and etc.  And it was all ages and genders.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

6 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

My pet pet peeve in Luminea is the high levels of Na they serve in their food. My ankles begin swelling after my first meal and doesn't go away until I return home. This never happened in Blue and our next suite on Celebrity definitely ask for low sodium servings. Surprising that Celebrity would serve unhealthy food like that as excess Na and sugar are two food items that everyone agrees on as very detrimental to your health.

I suggest you discuss your past experience with your GP and ask for advice. There are lots of other things that can cause temporary swelling of the ankles. If he does suggest avoiding sodium then let the M’D in Luminae know and your meals will be prepared accordingly. I think it is a strength of Celebrity that they genuinely try to accommodate guests with a wide range of dietary needs.

At home we do keep to a fairly low fat/low salt/limited sugar diet and then when we do cruise our choices can be more indulgent based on taste and what we fancy rather than health! If I choose salty food, rich food and wash them down with a few glasses of wine it is my fault if I have indigestion afterward, not Celebrity’s!

• Like 5

On 11/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, Brad1185 said:

I have to disagree with you about hats in the dining room. Let people come as they are. Can’t see why if someone wore a hat that it would bother anyone same with shorts. The more casual the better.  I am bothered when I see someone in a tux because it seems so pretentious.  

Point taken....however...it all depends on how you choose to dress and how you live your life...should those enjoying a 'chic' style change to the 'grunge' or casual style because some prefer that style?  If I'm not supposed to be annoyed dining with someone in a baseball cap and/or shorts/ripped jeans ... why should you be bothered seeing someone in a tux??  A little reverse snobbery going on here?

• Like 4

On 11/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

My pet peeve in Luminae would be children playing on the floor.

Also, the parents who allow their kids to run wild in the restaurant and crying babies.  When my kids were babies, if one had a temper tantrum, either my husband or I would remove them from the restaurant (or theatre) so as not to disturb other guests who want a relaxing experience- what happened to common courtesy?

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Plato123 said:

I was the original poster in this thread and my first pet peeve was cold tomatoes.  It seems most of the discussion in the thread has been about appearances rather than the quality and presentation of the food.

Very interesting, I guess most people here like cold tomatoes and tasteless cheese.

If you start any post about pet peeves this is what it will evolve into on CC.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If you start any post about pet peeves this is what it will evolve into on CC.  

Regarding food in luminae, my DH and I have been disappointed multiple times on different ships in luminae.  We now limit luminae to breakfast, and take the all inclusive dinner package for dinners and occasional lunches.  We continue to book suites as we enjoy all of the perks.  Yes the food is not the four seasons or ruth chris, but the food isn’t the reason we sail. We modify our expectations 

Edited by Cruise a holic

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Also, the parents who allow their kids to run wild in the restaurant and crying babies.  When my kids were babies, if one had a temper tantrum, either my husband or I would remove them from the restaurant (or theatre) so as not to disturb other guests who want a relaxing experience- what happened to common courtesy?

I don’t understand why parents put young children in the position to cause issues...it is not the kids fault..they are bored stiff...I get it. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 11/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, MJSailors said:

C-Dragons

Yes, sometimes men wear hats indoors for religious reasons. You may be referring to gentlemen of the Jewish Orthodox faith that do this.

However, I do not think these gentlemen would be wearing baseball caps,but rather black,felt brimmed hats. They most likely would be wearing a black suit and a white business shirt as well. 

I just could not pass it up. Yes most men would wear a Yarmulke. But, you know that uncle. Some people like to push the boundaries and other just dont know the dress code.

hat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally people what they wear does not bother me it’s more in how they act and the entitlement culture some have. had one person who cut in front of me one time in wcb because she said she is in a suite and should be served first.  I let her go first and then asked her multiple times did she make sure she got everything so she didn’t have to be among the other guests in baggage class longer than was necessary   Luckily have never dealt with unruly kids etc on a cruise.  I do longer ones during school times so it usually cuts that out completely.  

the FaceTime thing well I have dealt with that and usually start speaking louder when talking to whom I wirh about nonsense stuff. Usually our conversation is in loud tones about which is more unique an  aardvark or giraffe.  Her and I have it down pat since we have had the conversation many times.  Unfortunate people are not conscious of there surroundings anymore and I tune out those people quickly so not to let it bother me unless it affects me. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:01 AM, Brad1185 said:

I have to disagree with you about hats in the dining room. Let people come as they are. Can’t see why if someone wore a hat that it would bother anyone same with shorts. The more casual the better.  I am bothered when I see someone in a tux because it seems so pretentious.  

Hats on males are faux pas indoors, anytime.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, sonnycruises said:

My pet pet peeve in Luminea is the high levels of Na they serve in their food. My ankles begin swelling after my first meal and doesn't go away until I return home. This never happened in Blue and our next suite on Celebrity definitely ask for low sodium servings. Surprising that Celebrity would serve unhealthy food like that as excess Na and sugar are two food items that everyone agrees on as very detrimental to your health.

You can always ask them to leave the salt out of your dish.  We cruise with friends who do that all the time.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, davekathy said:

The photographers (amateurs at best) roaming around in the MDR in the evening wanting to take pictures.  

A gentleman at our table told the photographer to leave him alone and let him eat in peace.

• Haha 1