Cost of Celebrity shuttle

fizzy1

Cruising out of Port Everglades next year and On return will be taking advantage of extend your stay on board as we have an evening flight home from Miami Airport. Anyone know if Celebrity offer their shuttle  to the airport later in the day to get us there  or is it only available as the boat docks. We will be looking at round about 2.30pm  Any idea of shuttle cost, Two of us. All advice Welcome please xx

Take a taxi or arrange pre-booked private transfer.

IF Celebrity has a transfer at that time of day, it will wait until they have a full bus.  That wait can be interminable when you disembark in the morning, let alone when very few people will be staying on.

Per the last item on Extend Your Stay description -

Guests who have booked transfers through Celebrity Cruises will have the option to request a later transfer upon signing-up for the Extend Your Stay Program.

Personally I would use Uber.   Their price will be approximately 1/2 that charged by Celebrity for 2 passengers on their transfer.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not sure of the price, but Celebrity also offers tours the day of arrival to fort lauderdale or Miami.  They will take you and your luggage so fine for a late departure.  See on board- better then sitting for hours in the airport.

I did wonder about this too. Thanks  

2 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

I did wonder about this too. Thanks  

We have done the Hop On Hop Off in Miami twice.  I want to say it was $49,  but not sure.   You meet in the am, both times at Celebrity Central on Equinox, and they walk you off the ship with your luggage. You get on a bus that takes you to Bayside Marketplace.  That's where they store your luggage.  Then you can get on the HOHO for either the beach route or downtown route.   We did one route each time, then had lunch and walked around Bayside.   When you are ready to go there are 3 times that you can catch the bus to the airport.    You collect your luggage and board the bus.    We did luggage valet each time, so we didn't have to worry about luggage.   It's a nice way to kill some time if you have late flights.   

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, candydane said:

Where is Uber pickup area as you exit the terminal?  Is it much worse than the taxi line?

At terminal 25 it is to the left of the exit door.   There are no lines -   you request a ride and when yours shows up your on the way.   Be warned that sometimes when no cars are close by you may get accepted by a driver on the way to the airport and you have to wait for them to do their drop off and then return to terminal. 

I know this because it happens to me in November.   Still it was less than a 15 minute wait from the time I made my request.

• Thanks 1