Stupid Anti-RC Article

TBone2K

This article to me seems more like click bait, but at the same time could discourage a new cruiser from considering RC. Please have a look and tell me if you agree that none of these are "Intense" or unique to RC?

15 Intense Rules Passengers Have To Follow Aboard a Royal Caribbean Cruise

I wish it had a comment section.

• Like 1

When traveling with Royal Caribbean, you have to be crafty in what you choose to bring along. It might be tempting to bring every article of clothing and every pair of shoes you own because there is so much to do and see on a cruise. This cruise line allows up to 90kg of luggage.

This is not true.

• Like 1

Read and there's no major critical items that is identified.  We as RCL cruisers are well aware of the rules of engagement before selecting RCL.. No. 9 (No shorts..,was, but this restriction has just about gone by the wayside.  Over the last 4 cruises seen many shorts in the dining rooms, including so called formal night which I cant remember the actual name that RCL goes by these days.

This is getting comical.  I see obviously ridiculous click bait articles about cruising pop up on my Google feed.  And sure enough, people post and start discussing them here.  It's just funny how well silly articles like this work at getting attention and clicks.

• Like 1

9 NO SHORTS ON CASUAL DRESS NIGHTS IN THE DINING AREA

Wish they would enforce this one. Not only are shorts being worn on causal nights but also formal nights in dining room. Don’t want to get dressed - fine - the windjammer is for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

9 NO SHORTS ON CASUAL DRESS NIGHTS IN THE DINING AREA

Wish they would enforce this one. Not only are shorts being worn on causal nights but also formal nights in dining room. Don’t want to get dressed - fine - the windjammer is for you. 

Last I checked, wearing shorts is being dressed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

When traveling with Royal Caribbean, you have to be crafty in what you choose to bring along. It might be tempting to bring every article of clothing and every pair of shoes you own because there is so much to do and see on a cruise. This cruise line allows up to 90kg of luggage.

This is not true.

It is in Australia:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=348&faqSubjectName=Luggage+%26+Luggage+Tags&faqId=2677

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

And no shorts in MDR  on formal night, one could only hope. 

On recent Symphony and Anthem cruises no longer "Formal Night" but "Wear your Best Night."  Saw some Paxs with t-shirt that resembled a Captain's jacket.

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks for posting!  I needed a good laugh today 🙂 and, I had no idea about the scissor one?  I always bring a full sized one with my knitting, and have never been called to the naughty room...

Well the article is misleading.  The actual policy is the blade of the scissors can't be longer than 4 inches.  I probably own at least 20 pairs of scissors and maybe one pair has a blade that is longer than 6".  Also RC has scrapbooking cruise groups that are their customers.  I can guarantee the scrapbook groups would not frequent a cruiseline that has extremely restrictive rules on scissors. 

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Read and there's no major critical items that is identified.  We as RCL cruisers are well aware of the rules of engagement before selecting RCL.. No. 9 (No shorts..,was, but this restriction has just about gone by the wayside.  Over the last 4 cruises seen many shorts in the dining rooms, including so called formal night which I cant remember the actual name that RCL goes by these days.

Some ships such as serenade ots definitely do not allow shorts in Mdr except for night 1.   We had been on anthem ots and saw lots of people in shorts.