Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

32 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

As a lot of people have touch on is  "proof of vaccination"

I wonder if anybody in power has given this any thought, a standard form across Australia..... ( I don't think so look at how well Scott left it all to the states )

So will it be up to the states ???   or up to Joe Blow down the road

An Elephant  stamp on your forehead ??

Or will we wait until vaccinations have started... then go Ohhhhhhh...

Another wait and see    Don

It most likely will be left to the States. NSW is considering using the Services NSW app as a vaccine passport.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

As a lot of people have touch on is  "proof of vaccination"

I wonder if anybody in power has given this any thought, a standard form across Australia..... ( I don't think so look at how well Scott left it all to the states )

I saw a piece on the ABC of a software developer who was designing an app based on the Swiss version. 

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

With Saga Cruiselines in the UK mandating Covid vaccine for crew/passengers, the AQSC has followed. Is this the future of cruising?

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/5860/?source=99360&fbclid=IwAR3G8bmmml7D3X9qaY3k4XfYp0C6winIxIOp7EuvLE5PCMMdu0Prp_9liKE

Oh, in the Land of the Free, I see the lawyers rubbing their hands together at the law suits for discrimination of refusing to accept passengers who have not been vaccinated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Oh, in the Land of the Free, I see the lawyers rubbing their hands together at the law suits for discrimination of refusing to accept passengers who have not been vaccinated.

I doubt that would happen. There are precedents over the past decades of vaccinations being required to visit certain countries, and in fact that is still the case in South America for Yellow Fever. Also I think it was already determined that private businesses have the right to state what under conditions people are permitted to enter their premises when masks were first made mandatory, so proof of vaccination is probably similar. Not sure what they'll do about people who genuinely can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, that could be tricky and a possible loophole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

I'm predicting a new niche travel market catering to anti vaxers. Cruises and tours for people who won't get a vaccine🙄

24 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

By an "app"  i am thinking something on a smart phone .....

Well haven't got one of those, so I don't count......lol

Cheers Don 

Unfortunately all the proposals I have seen and read are all digital as they want something the information can easily be shared between businesses and organisations. 

In Europe, there has been a number of cases of forged Covid tests certificates being sold to allow people to travel.

Vaccination certification will need to have real strength underpinning their legitimacy. 

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/ewn_-_illicit_sales_of_false_negative_covid-19_test_certificates.pdf

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Unfortunately all the proposals I have seen and read are all digital as they want something the information can easily be shared between businesses and organisations. 

18 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

In Europe, there has been a number of cases of forged Covid tests certificates being sold to allow people to travel.

Vaccination certification will need to have real strength underpinning their legitimacy. 

Maybe we will all need to take a selfie on getting the jab as 'proof'. Not sure what we can do for Don 🙂

Looks like can get an Android thingie for about $150 

is it like R2D2 and this AN the Droid...lol

Ready don't use a phone much....   but if needed to go cruising I will get one..

Me a laptop/desktop person....  but I do like a 4k TV and surround sound

What ever happened to the telephone table in the hall ???

Don

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/ewn_-_illicit_sales_of_false_negative_covid-19_test_certificates.pdf

I have seen lots of scammers selling passports etc hear on CC, wonder how long till it is Vacs Cerys if they are paper, my guess, about a millisecond.

10 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Ready don't use a phone much....   but if needed to go cruising I will get one..

Don

You can get some way less than that, just had to update MiL phone, struggled to find one that wasn’t a smart phone of some type, ended up with an android disabled most of the features think the cost was $69. Same as a plan with no data, the one we put her on has 100gb a year and unlimited calls and texts for $135. she will use none of the data, but I guess Mrs G can hotspot from it if she is out with her and needs to.

Sounds good

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

You can get some way less than that, just had to update MiL phone, struggled to find one that wasn’t a smart phone of some type, ended up with an android disabled most of the features think the cost was $69. Same as a plan with no data, the one we put her on has 100gb a year and unlimited calls and texts for $135. she will use none of the data, but I guess Mrs G can hotspot from it if she is out with her and needs to.

Sounds good thanks Gut....  but a must laugh at "hotspot"  is that a seat in sun behind glass....lol

If a smart thingie is need.... with look closely into it.... but it will still end up in the safe in the cabin......

What next.... pen and paper banned... as younger people can't use them... like they can't read an analog clock..........   

we are living in a time of change ( yes I am getting older and rounder.....lol )

Don

The hotspot feature is really useful if you have other devices that can only connect by WiFi and you don't have access to WiFi. You set the phone as a hotspot which allows a WiFi connection from another device to the phone and the phone then sends the data on through the phone system. I use it when travelling if I want to buy some more books for my Kindle which only has a WiFi connection. Also back in the days where hotels etc still charged outrageous daily amounts for WiFi I could connect my computer to my phone when I wanted internet access.

57 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sounds good

Sounds good thanks Gut....  but a must laugh at "hotspot"  is that a seat in sun behind glass....lol

If a smart thingie is need.... with look closely into it.... but it will still end up in the safe in the cabin......

What next.... pen and paper banned... as younger people can't use them... like they can't read an analog clock..........   

we are living in a time of change ( yes I am getting older and rounder.....lol )

Don

And I still use a fountain pen.

we gained grandkids about two years ago and we are encouraging them to tell the time on an analogue clock

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Don

Don, old son, we dinos might have to revert back to morse code, semaphore flags and carrier pigeons.

I do not possess an i phone either, just an Aldi el cheapo with ye olde Aldi PAYG card. No data etc, just use it for calls when out. Still have my land line. I have a couple of i pads which I take travelling for E mails, internet, photos etc. So when I hit the clubs, eateries etc, they put my details in manually, no worries, I am not into QR codes.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The hotspot feature is really useful if you have other devices that can only connect by WiFi and you don't have access to WiFi. You set the phone as a hotspot which allows a WiFi connection from another device to the phone and the phone then sends the data on through the phone system. I use it when travelling if I want to buy some more books for my Kindle which only has a WiFi connection. Also back in the days where hotels etc still charged outrageous daily amounts for WiFi I could connect my computer to my phone when I wanted internet access.

It's also handy if your house MODEM dies until the new one arrives.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t have a link   but    apparently the Canadian government has ban cruises till 28th February 2022.

So that well and truly puts a end to this year Alaska season.

IF  our governments allow it we can have a winter season.

Yep, I wish the Aussie government would also make an official announcement so as to rid some of the ambiguity around international travel and cruising.

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, I wish the Aussie government would also make an official announcement so as to rid some of the ambiguity around international travel and cruising.

We should have something in 4-5 weeks  ,  Yes or no.

The cruise ban comes up in 6 weeks  ,the 17 March.

Royal Caribbean is  advertising for staff for the pacific.

That sounds promising.

Yes, but instead of just extending the cruise ban for another month or two, perhaps they should just extend it until end of September or even for all of 2021.

I know that may mean heartache for many but at least the cruise lines would be forced to cancel and pax can get their credits/ refunds and the uncertainty is removed for 6-8 months.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't want the Aussie government to make an announcement too soon - it might push them into setting a more cautious date. I hope that after we have a significant amount of vaccinations, the government might look favourably at re-starting cruising.

The problem is they have made numerous comments stating there will be no international travel this year, no one leaving, no one coming in (except for the NZ bubble). They have also said it won't happen until vaccinations are completed possibly by October this year.

I would like that confirmed officially so we have some certainty that at least until October, nothing will happen and the airlines and cruise lines can act accordingly.