Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

There was a particular thread that was discussing travel insurance and lot of of USA posters were listing the cost of their insurance and especially the medical coverage and even after currency conversion comparing the insurance in Australia to me our coverage is much better. Even UK posters weighed in and their deals were much better I thought. 

Thank you for your opinion.

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Your welcome😳? It feels I must have offended you. I don't know what the misunderstanding is but I certainly wasn't trying to offend 🤗

Ilike:

There is a big difference in facts and opinions.  Many on CC do not understand this and often present their opinions as being facts with no statistical or scientific evidence to 

prove their point.

I could contradict

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Your welcome😳? It feels I must have offended you. I don't know what the misunderstanding is but I certainly wasn't trying to offend 🤗

Opinions do not create facts.  Only scientific research, statistics, etc. create facts no matter how many believe otherwise.  Your opinions on how it is here half a world away, are based at least in part on the opinions of others in another country (UK).  And I'm sure you could find many Americans who would also support your opinion.

I have no desire to argue on this forum and so will not provide a rebuttal to your opinions. Just please be aware that there is a tremendous distinction between an opinion and a fact.

FWIW:  I do like Aussies very much.  All I have met have been friendly, gregarious,

helpful, considerate, etc.  You included!   G'Day Mate.

3 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Ilike:

There is a big difference in facts and opinions.  Many on CC do not understand this and often present their opinions as being facts with no statistical or scientific evidence to 

prove their point.

I could contradict

Opinions do not create facts.  Only scientific research, statistics, etc. create facts no matter how many believe otherwise.  Your opinions on how it is here half a world away, are based at least in part on the opinions of others in another country (UK).  And I'm sure you could find many Americans who would also support your opinion.

I have no desire to argue on this forum and so will not provide a rebuttal to your opinions. Just please be aware that there is a tremendous distinction between an opinion and a fact.

FWIW:  I do like Aussies very much.  All I have met have been friendly, gregarious,

helpful, considerate, etc.  You included!   G'Day Mate.

To be honest I am completely confused as to what you are talking about😳. I was never trying to pass off opinions as fact but there are many things I have learnt from posters on this site from all around the world 🤗and I happen to participate in a travel insurance thread where Americans posters started discussing the pros and cons of travel insurance, it got quite in depth and who knew travel insurance could be so fascinating😜They helped me realise travel insurance is very different on your side of the world enough so that I could understand the arguments against it. I thought since someone brought it up it might be relevant to point out those arguments. It wasn't supposed to offend and to be honest I didn't think the cost and coverage of travel insurance was a controversial thing to raise, it certainly wasn't considered controversial on the travel insurance thread 😂. I can't promise I won't put my foot in it again but I'll try to be more aware that I'm making it clear what is opinion and fact🤗 as it seems I have obviously caused great confusion so my delivery definitely needs work 😉

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, Chiliburn said:

The US senate is pushing for a relaxation of the silly law that makes a ship stop at a foreign port.

I think this could be bad news for us. If our government is going to be so unreasonable the ships may stay away.

After the Alaska season they may just move to California.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25000-2021-alaska-cruise-season-may-be-saved-as-senate-passes-key-bill.html

Don't worry! If the legislation passes, it would only be permissible until February 2022. The whole scheme is to make Alaskan cruising feasible until Canada reopens.

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Ouch. This style of cruising would have limited appeal to us.

Not so good is it but better than nothing.

Like I said it would be just like staying on the ship on a port day .

Which I love.

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Not so good is it but better than nothing.

Like I said it would be just like staying on the ship on a port day .

Which I love.

Slightly better as you can get meals delivered to your cabin, you don't have to go to the dreaded buffet.

6 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Which cruise are you booked on and when?  Sorry, I can't remember.

I have 3 cruises booked ,  2 domestic cruises September,November and a NZ cruise early December.

I thinking we will hear very soon.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 5/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Slightly better as you can get meals delivered to your cabin, you don't have to go to the dreaded buffet.

IMO buffet is a highlight, just go at the right time for brekkie and lunch, dinner always in mdr traditional, another highlight, table of 8.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 6:07 PM, NSWP said:

IMO buffet is a highlight, just go at the right time for brekkie and lunch, dinner always in mdr traditional, another highlight, table of 8.

I have always found it best to hit the buffet right at opening time for breakfast 7am and lunch 11.30 IIRC. We used to have a light breakfast and lunch that leaves us not too full for 6.30 dinner in MDR. On cruises the late risers seem to out number the early risers which means no problems finding a good table.

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

On cruises the late risers seem to out number the early risers which means no problems finding a good table.

That could have something to do with the fact that the MDR is no longer open if you arise late. That, and port days when we're lunching onboard, are the only times we go to the buffet.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That could have something to do with the fact that the MDR is no longer open if you arise late. That, and port days when we're lunching onboard, are the only times we go to the buffet.

Mdr brekkie on Princess is normally 0730 to 0900. They often shut the doors at 0845.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Mdr brekkie on Princess is normally 0730 to 0900. They often shut the doors at 0845.

Exactly. I wonder if that will change when cruising resumes. Will they keep the MDRs open longer for breakfast and lunch? They could do it easily by using different MDRs for each service.

• Like 1

From The Age:

Home Affairs boss Michael Pezzullo has confirmed there will be no significant reopening of the international border before June 2022, but says discussions about travel bubbles with Singapore and Pacific countries are still a possibility before then.

Appearing at a Senate estimates hearing this morning, Mr Pezzullo also confirmed work is underway on establishing a new “Digital Passenger Declaration” which will include information about a person’s health and vaccination status.

He said the declaration could mean Australians won’t have to quarantine on return to the country if they have been vaccinated in Australia.

“At the direction of the Australian government the department is examining how Australia’s international border can be re-opened in a graduated way… guided by public health advice,” he said

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

From The Age:

Home Affairs boss Michael Pezzullo has confirmed there will be no significant reopening of the international border before June 2022, but says discussions about travel bubbles with Singapore and Pacific countries are still a possibility before then.

Appearing at a Senate estimates hearing this morning, Mr Pezzullo also confirmed work is underway on establishing a new “Digital Passenger Declaration” which will include information about a person’s health and vaccination status.

He said the declaration could mean Australians won’t have to quarantine on return to the country if they have been vaccinated in Australia.

“At the direction of the Australian government the department is examining how Australia’s international border can be re-opened in a graduated way… guided by public health advice,” he said

Thanks Adrian, much the same as has already been announced. 

13 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

From The Age:

There was a interview on ABC radio this morning with a cruise line representative.

And they are discussing raising the passenger limit to 1,000 for domestic cruises only.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There was a interview on ABC radio this morning with a cruise line representative.

And they are discussing raising the passenger limit to 1,000 for domestic cruises only.

They'll have to do something fairly quickly. If cruising doesn't resume this summer, even with restricted numbers, local popular holiday places are going to be swamped with people who were expecting to cruise all trying to find somewhere to holiday. Even now up in Queensland it's an issue as people who would have gone to Europe in our winter are now going to warmer climes here.  

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That is going to be interesting when cruises have already been in sale and its likely more than 1,000 berths have been sold. Move over offers??

Discussions, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

Royal are sending ovation and serenade to Alaska (Serenade has to go through the Panama Canal) .and strangely radiance is going to stay anchored off Singapore.

Edited by Chiliburn