Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

After this,it’s obvious we need more port space and it will be classed a critical infrastructure.

I think we will see a building stimulus like Uncle Sam did at the end of the depression.

The NZ Govt had already announced a humongous spend on infrastructure when this is all over .......yet to see if good intentions can be delivered.

17 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

True, and we have been having epidemics of such viruses for millennia, not just hundreds of years.

Where do you think measles, influenza, AIDS, SARS, Ebola, Hanta, Ross River Fever, rabies, and zika came from?

It had to originate somewhere, why couldn't that be Wuhan? We have had other viruses come out of China before, from other regions of China. There is nothing special about Wuhan.

I reckon virus was smuggled out of China by a N Korean posing as a southern preacher  and released behind a grassy knoll somewhere in Texas.😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I for one like my Chinese deliveries, spring rolls, chicken and sweet corn soup, honey prawns, lemon chicken, beef and cashew nuts, szechuan pork, prawn crackers, special fried rice.

You're giving me ideas for dinner tonight.

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The NZ Govt had already announced a humongous spend on infrastructure when this is all over .......yet to see if good intentions can be delivered.

The have an election coming up this year i think. From when I was last in NZ in Feb this year, the Jacinda government seemed to be on the nose. This event may save it possibly? Interesting times ahead for NZ politics.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The government may be more receptive to a cruise line injecting massive amounts of income with the new dock at Botany Bay by then, you never know.

political suicide  ,  people wont forget and remember we are just in to these lockdowns 1 month 600 infected from the ruby plus few others from royal Caribbean .. 4 ships in total and 5 cruises . the amount of people lost jobs and business I highly doubt they will build anything for cruise ships now , 

that's if there are any cruise companies still left.. you will see some go broke . they tried to get a bailout from the usa but nope they got jack , they are only helping out any usa citizens staff members. usa ministers are not to happy with them either as they pay no tax there.    

most people will be broke or have no money to go on cruise shups for a while , at best on start up I reckon you would be lucky to fill 1 ships a week from nsw

we are going to lay in the boot into  these cruise ships there will be a enquiry into all this  , now we have also the support of many thousands and thousands of people from all over nsw , and Australia .  our numbers from roughly 100,000 people against will swell to over 1 million or 2 maybe  we have a few reporters that will be asking the nsw minister if she will be rewarding the cruise industry a new port in botany after they infected so many in nsw and Australia and refused to leave when asked  , yep we are laying the boot in 

Edited by in rod we trust

13 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

political suicide  ,  people wont forget and remember we are just in to these lockdowns 1 month 600 infected from the ruby plus few others from royal Caribbean .. 4 ships in total and 5 cruises . the amount of people lost jobs and business I highly doubt they will build anything for cruise ships now , 

that's if there are any cruise companies still left.. you will see some go broke . they tried to get a bailout from the usa but nope they got jack , they are only helping out any usa citizens staff members. usa ministers are not to happy with them either as they pay no tax there.    

most people will be broke or have no money to go on cruise shups for a while , at best on start up I reckon you would be lucky to fill 1 ships a week from nsw

we are going to lay in the boot into  these cruise ships there will be a enquiry into all this  , now we have also the support of many thousands and thousands of people from all over nsw , and Australia .  our numbers from roughly 100,000 people against will swell to over 1 million or 2 maybe  we have a few reporters that will be asking the nsw minister if she will be rewarding the cruise industry a new port in botany after they infected so many in nsw and Australia and refused to leave when asked  , yep we are laying the boot in 

Hey Rod 

I can hear the dog catcher coming.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A interesting thing I heard on the ABC ,CSIRO has discovered a Oral head lice treatment kills the virus in human tissue.

They are trying to work out a dosage and start testing.

Doesn't alcohol do the same? I know what I'd rather have a glass of.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Doesn't alcohol do the same? I know what I'd rather have a glass of.

I always thought my drinking problem would save me.

My dad had a mate that had been bankrupt a couple of times.He told my dad that alcohol saved his life.

My dad asked,how do you work that out.

He said I get drunk,have a good nights sleep and worry the next day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a friend that makes moonshine , that ***** kills everything even the person who drinks it . he swears by it tho  have had a few nips when I see him that ***** is great stuff might see if I can get a gallon of it .its a virus killer . the ole bloke never gets the flu 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

I got a friend that makes moonshine , that ***** kills everything even the person who drinks it . he swears by it tho  have had a few nips when I see him that ***** is great stuff might see if I can get a gallon of it .its a virus killer . the ole bloke never gets the flu 

I bought a 1125ml bottle of Bundaberg Rum from our new Dan Murphys the other day. It was an essential visit for urgent medicinal supplies.  Bundy does the job on a virus, I think.  It flavours the coke anyway.

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I for one like my Chinese deliveries, spring rolls, chicken and sweet corn soup, honey prawns, lemon chicken, beef and cashew nuts, szechuan pork, prawn crackers, special fried rice.

Now you are talking mic, my kind of tucker, couple of Chow Restaurants do takeaways down here but no deliveries.  We need Uber Eats and Deliveroo urgently.

Anyway I have to stay on the subject, no cruises until October in my opinion and even then not world wide.😪

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I reckon virus was smuggled out of China by a N Korean posing as a southern preacher  and released behind a grassy knoll somewhere in Texas.😝

You forgot about the alien who manufactured it for them. We all know it was really cultivated on Mars inside their space bats😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

A interesting thing I heard on the ABC ,CSIRO has discovered a Oral head lice treatment kills the virus in human tissue.

They are trying to work out a dosage and start testing.

There was an online article just today about an anti-parasite drug which has been proven to kill the virus in the blood stream within 48 hours just by one does. It looks promising and it appears it needs to be tested out before administering it to humans. It did not say if the drug as already available as a treatment for other conditions but given time if this is the same news you heard then it gives confidence cruising can start.

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

Well that explains a lot. Better lay off the stuff.

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

we have a few reporters that will be asking the nsw minister if she will be rewarding the cruise industry a new port in botany after they infected so many in nsw and Australia and refused to leave when asked  , yep we are laying the boot in 

Don't count on the NSW government to make a song and dance about what happened with the Ruby when it was their mistake to let them all leave without quarantine. They will keep mum about it for sure. I reckon that new dock may even have extra funding.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Don't count on the NSW government to make a song and dance about what happened with the Ruby when it was their mistake to let them all leave without quarantine. They will keep mum about it for sure.

Agreed. The NSW government won't make a song and dance about what happened with the Ruby. Now Gladys is saying "I don't think it helps to point fingers and play the blame game. It's unfair to blame anyone". Strange how it was OK to "point fingers and play the blame game" before the emails became public, exonerating the Ruby Princess captain and medical team.

• Like 1

Just now, CupcakeSusie said:

We are holding off until October to make a decision re our January cruise. Hoping (not just for selfish reasons) that things are starting to settle by then. 

We are waiting until closer to final payment date to make a decision about our late November cruise. I am very doubtful that it will go ahead.

49 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

There was an online article just today about an anti-parasite drug which has been proven to kill the virus in the blood stream within 48 hours just by one does. It looks promising and it appears it needs to be tested out before administering it to humans. It did not say if the drug as already available as a treatment for other conditions but given time if this is the same news you heard then it gives confidence cruising can start.

Ivermectin the drug is called.

Its cheap,safe and apparently in a low dose it’s believed to clear the body of the virus.

Doctor I’ve got Coronavirus. OK we will get rid of those head lice at the same time.

CRUISING HERE WE COME .

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Don't count on the NSW government to make a song and dance about what happened with the Ruby when it was their mistake to let them all leave without quarantine. They will keep mum about it for sure. I reckon that new dock may even have extra funding.

So my spy in NSW transport said he thinks they will build both the opinions at botany.

With a train service.

16CAB1DD-056B-4D4D-9E86-8BB592C569D7.thumb.png.a74a9e49e616d7a2ab3b85db865c8e7d.png

16 hours ago, christodan said:

Exactly Aus Traveller. We all know how ships and planes operate. The captains  always need permission to land/dock, and they are extremely professional.   I'm disgusted at our premier, Dutton and Fuller, for accusing the ship's crew of lying. They should all be sacked for their dishonesty.

I agree, we should expect better of our public figures in Australia. We have sadly come to expect this of public officials in other countries. 😞

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

You forgot about the alien who manufactured it for them. We all know it was really cultivated on Mars inside their space bats😆

I didn't want to mention that part for fear of  conspiracy theorist accusations.😕

Edited by lyndarra
gramma
  • Haha 2