Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We've been to the vet twice in the last 5 days. He doesn't think she is going down yet but she is not eating, very lethargic and her eyesight is going. The other night she tried to go down the stairs and fell. It's a miracle that she did not break any bones. Tonight while watching tv she just laid in my lap clinging to me. She usually lays next to me but not on me. It's sad. Luckily our dog/house sitter has watched her before. She is good. I have to prepare myself that she could go downhill while we are on our cruise. I can't stand to see any animal not their regular happy self.  Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it.

I am so sorry.  I know it is really hard when they are not doing well.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Today the biopsies came back -- my wife has invasive ductal carcinoma (a fancy term for breast cancer). We will have to cancel the transatlantic cruise we booked for later this month.

Three years ago, I was diagnosed with advanced metastatic melanoma in my neck. We had to cancel a European trip that was supposed to begin the day after my surgery.

Stuff happens, unfortunately, doesn't it?

I will keep you and your wife in our prayers.

Be safe

Maggie our King Charles Spaniel is really declining in health.

9 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Today the biopsies came back -- my wife has invasive ductal carcinoma (a fancy term for breast cancer).

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

I texted with her a bit yesterday. She had a friend come visit her today so I know that lifted her spirits. She’s a very social person so I know it’s been hard for her all around.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Renee.

I'm really sorry about Mike's chosen best man tragically dying.

Graham.

Not the best day to read our thread this morning, local time.... 😢

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to all.

@ReneeFLL , @lenquixote66

• Like 3

We've been to the vet twice in the last 5 days. He doesn't think she is going down yet but she is not eating, very lethargic and her eyesight is going. The other night she tried to go down the stairs and fell. It's a miracle that she did not break any bones. Tonight while watching tv she just laid in my lap clinging to me. She usually lays next to me but not on me. It's sad. Luckily our dog/house sitter has watched her before. She is good. I have to prepare myself that she could go downhill while we are on our cruise. I can't stand to see any animal not their regular happy self.  Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it.

Sorry that you have to deal with this before your retirement cruise.  It's great that you have a dog sitter that you can trust.  That must help.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Today the biopsies came back -- my wife has invasive ductal carcinoma (a fancy term for breast cancer). We will have to cancel the transatlantic cruise we booked for later this month.

Three years ago, I was diagnosed with advanced metastatic melanoma in my neck. We had to cancel a European trip that was supposed to begin the day after my surgery.

So sorry to hear this.  I hope that with the many advances made in breast cancer treatment recently, your wife will make a full and complete recovery, and that you will soon have your TA cruise rescheduled.

Whatever Color Cancer Sucks!: Chemotherapy Notebook to Write in, 6x9,  Lined, 120 Pages Journal: Gilchrist, Amanda: 9781686804441: Amazon.com:  Books

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Same with my dad. He got skin cancer on his nose. They removed what they thought was most of it but years later it grew into brain cancer. When I was young I never even knew of skin cancer. We never wore protective clothing or even hats. I am a lot more aware now as I am fair skinned. Spending a week in Caribbean next week warrants me being extra cautious.

My Father was a mailman for little over 30 yrs.  He had walking route of approx 7 miles everyday.  He wore a hat but his nose was exposed everyday.   Sunscreen was unheard of when he began working in mid 1960s.  

After he retired in mid 1990s he went to dermatologist because of sore on his nose that never would heal.  

Yes, he had cancer and doctor tried to treat the area but was unsuccessful.  He eventually had to do surgery and remove the skin off his nose down to bone and reconstruct his nose with skin grafts from his butt and upper thigh.  

Thankful All turned out well, no spread anywhere.  After seeing everything he went thru I no longer had any desire to get a nose job and i make sure to put sunscreen on my face since we are a beach family and I'm a sun worshipper.

My Dad use to tease he was an a##s kiss but I use to tease and say he was a butt face. 🤪    He was always a joker and loved laughing.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 13

Still hasn't sunk in yet. We have been so busy getting things ready for the house sitter. Maggie our King Charles Spaniel is really declining in health. She is not eating and having mobility issues. We are preparing the house/dog sitter to be prepared if she has to take her to vet. It's very stressful right now so I've haven't had a chance to savor not working. 

Sorry to hear about Maggie not doing well.  Hopefully all will be ok while you are away🥰

• Like 2

She is my thoughts and prayers💕

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We both knew almost immediately Lenny.

Graham.

Eric knew before I did!    

I was sitting in lobby of large national builders office for a job in mortgage dept.    I was scheduled to meet the VP and Eric came to the lobby to tell me the boss was running late.

He then went to the bosses office and told him shes really cute and seems nice you have to hire her😊  I was hired.

We were both in relationships with other people at the time but about 2 years later we started dating and have been together ever since😊

We both changed employers several years later but have always worked together, except for 1 year.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Sorry to hear, sending prayers and positive thoughts your way🙏

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend. 

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

• Like 26

22 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My family is not into posting personal photos, but here is a pic of the reception setting prior to the arrival of the guests.  It was quite the party! 

20211029_162119.jpg

Micheline and I don't like to post personal photos either.  Doesn't seem to a problem at all with our daughters.  😁

Stunning setting for the reception!  Wow.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still hasn't sunk in yet. We have been so busy getting things ready for the house sitter. Maggie our King Charles Spaniel is really declining in health. She is not eating and having mobility issues. We are preparing the house/dog sitter to be prepared if she has to take her to vet. It's very stressful right now so I've haven't had a chance to savor not working. I will start the semi live tomorrow since I have some prep stuff to talk about before we leave on Friday.

Very sorry about Maggie ☹️

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mets07 said:

On a happy note, our younger son was married this past weekend. 

Our older son got married about 5 years ago at New York City Hall. There were about 15 people present and we celebrated at a NYC restaurant. 

Fast forward to my younger son's wedding.  First, they were married in a church and then had a Reception in a Gatsby-style castle on Long Island, New York with 230 people present. 

Both very different 😉 and both very beautiful in their own way. 

20211029_162119.jpg

Lovely setting and congratulations to your younger son and his bride.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

While at Haleiwa Beach, we had this delicious burger at Teddy’s Bigger Burgers with their most amazing homemade sauce on it.  

E646A9F2-25DA-4F51-A0CC-5BC79D174B7B.thumb.jpeg.b883f9c837d36a6ea6bb3eb873ce0ac3.jpeg

The bar

76E72CE4-0166-4F30-9867-0634A322BFAC.thumb.jpeg.2c3bef9318398304333a71af490a0001.jpeg

The burger

824FBF84-FAD9-4ACF-B1DF-F713A0D4DC08.thumb.jpeg.d85b64514eb59f97603b100177b6ad5c.jpeg

But for me, a burger is not complete without lots of ketchup on it

EAF564C2-72B4-470E-9F27-A0A5680BF4C4.thumb.jpeg.99feb6b9213e0bf4526e28aedf5477a2.jpeg

If you are in Haleiwa, you must stop by the popular Matsumoto’s Shave Ice

0A31A464-6A8C-4FA8-8344-03CAE5C8041E.thumb.jpeg.cd5404f7f832da1bfe1344439dbfd3e6.jpeg

Here is the shrimp truck area.  @dani negreanuGiovanni’s Shrimp Truck is on the left.  Very busy there.  People getting their garlic shrimp fix.

BB786189-8D56-4244-86EE-E0A5A0663426.thumb.jpeg.d39bf7f7a8ad3b1058eecfd858b42a27.jpeg

Nice pictures!!  What no Spam burgers??  😉 

• Haha 1