Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, George C said:

Very happy this morning , we have been feeding a feral cat for years but haven’t seen hm in about 5 months, he showed up this morning for breakfast 😁, there are bobcats and coyotes in the area .  Sailing in 3 days on Allure, our friend from Long Island is flying home in a couple of hours.

Have a fantabulous cruise!   We cruise in 4.  😉 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

As far as gas prices, the lowest prices right now are in Fort Chiswell , Va. that town is about 10 miles from us. Price is $3.06 a gallon at Exxon,

21 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Good luck with your husband's scan.  I hope all goes well. 🙂 

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Lionesss

+1 , and nice "blings" too 😉

🙏 🥰

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 Maryann for a good result for Jim's Cat Scan on his lungs.

Graham.

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully you will get good results

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very best wishes for a good report!

😲

Thank you all for your good wishes for Jim!  We so appreciate it.  We will hopefully hear the results next week.  We are hoping to hear the word "Stable" in the report.

You guys are the Best!❤️

BTW, it took 4 attempts to post this!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank goodness you had the presence of mind to grab & wrap the finger and to driver yourself to the ER!  I think I might’ve passed out but I guess you never know what you can do when that adrenaline kicks in. 

@Sunshine3601

+1

I'm sure I would have passed out.

I went to a talk show with a very famous trauma doctor here, and when he started to describe the 1st case, I passed out.... just slid down to the floor.... luckily the chairs were low.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Having to suddenly buy a new washer (and added dryer with it) we found the Veterans discount would not "stack" she called it.   Was marked down on discount (but not that much).   She told us it was not combinable.  But when we bought all our new kitchen cabinets, counter tops, dishwasher, fridge from them 4 years ago...which was all on sale, the discount applied.  

Not sure why this was different on these.  I was more upset about it than Bucky.  

The same story with us, Pat!  In the Naples HD, we were told the bathroom vanity we were buying was on sale, so no discount...same with the refrigerator.  I always ask, anyway..nothing to lose.  When we bought our new washer and freezer here in NJ, same story.  I asked the woman to at least try for the discount.  She said it didn't qualify.  I asked her again to just try it;  she was surprised when we were actually given the discount on one of our purchases.

• Like 3

We will be having a feast at my MIL's house tomorrow.  Both she and her SO are fantastic cooks so we will not starve.  I like to have turkey sandwiches with all the fixings but due to the vultures (us included) there isn't much turkey leftover so I will roast one up.  Well, a half turkey since it is just 3 of us.

Normally, I would buy a turkey at Stop and Shop but would end up tossing some of it because as much as I love the sandwiches, by day three I am good until the next year.  I like the white meat and the smaller birds have more bone than meat. About 5 years ago, my MIL told me to ask them to split it.  She really is a good MIL. So each year I would find a nice 20 LB bird and get it split.  Well, that all came to an end at Stop and Shop this year.  They shut me down.  The youngster said "it is frozen".  Well, it is always frozen.  He then replied they don't even have a saw.  All of the meat is prepackaged.  I went home empty handed.    MIL, once again, said try Market Basket (newish store to area and since I hate to look for things in an unfamiliar store) I hadn't ventured there.  I did and although I payed the fresh turkey rate I got what I needed. 

So, the bird is now taking a luxurious bath in an aromatic brine.  Hopefully that white meat will be super tasty tomorrow.  Worse case scenario is that it will not be dry, unless I have the same stove as @reallyitsmema. All bets would be off if the oven caught on fire.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What an amazing story. I'm so glad that you were able to regain everything. Medical science never ceases to amaze me.

I am sorry Lenny I must have missed your post. I do not know her personally but I do know of her. She owns a Med Spa in the Plaza. I think we have even done a news story on her in the past. Seems very sharp

I assumed that you would know who she is.

• Like 1

I never lost a body part but in December 1998 I had a freak accident.I was crossing a Manhattan street on my lunch area.The heal of one of my shoes got stuck on a manhole that was covered with debris and I went flying into the air.I fell face down in the gutter and was unconscious.Two police officers were at a gas station across the street and ran to me.One stayed with me to make sure that I was not hit by cars.The other ran to flag down an ambulance that he saw .Luckily we were very close to a hospital.

I was in the ER for many hours with many body fractures and spent three nights in the hospital.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@lenquixote66You really were lucky the officers got to you in time.  A street in Manhattan is questionable for anyone to be in, especially someone who is unconscious. 

Very lucky. When I was feeling better I wrote a letter to their Commanding Officer .I got his name after calling the pct.I received very nice thank you letters from both officers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

We will be having a feast at my MIL's house tomorrow.  Both she and her SO are fantastic cooks so we will not starve.  I like to have turkey sandwiches with all the fixings but due to the vultures (us included) there isn't much turkey leftover so I will roast one up.  Well, a half turkey since it is just 3 of us.

Normally, I would buy a turkey at Stop and Shop but would end up tossing some of it because as much as I love the sandwiches, by day three I am good until the next year.  I like the white meat and the smaller birds have more bone than meat. About 5 years ago, my MIL told me to ask them to split it.  She really is a good MIL. So each year I would find a nice 20 LB bird and get it split.  Well, that all came to an end at Stop and Shop this year.  They shut me down.  The youngster said "it is frozen".  Well, it is always frozen.  He then replied they don't even have a saw.  All of the meat is prepackaged.  I went home empty handed.    MIL, once again, said try Market Basket (newish store to area and since I hate to look for things in an unfamiliar store) I hadn't ventured there.  I did and although I payed the fresh turkey rate I got what I needed. 

So, the bird is now taking a luxurious bath in an aromatic brine.  Hopefully that white meat will be super tasty tomorrow.  Worse case scenario is that it will not be dry, unless I have the same stove as @reallyitsmema. All bets would be off if the oven caught on fire.

Guess you could try this so it's not dry.

20211124_132428.jpg

20211124_132648.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never lost a body part but in December 1998 I had a freak accident.I was crossing a Manhattan street on my lunch area.The heal of one of my shoes got stuck on a manhole that was covered with debris and I went flying into the air.I fell face down in the gutter and was unconscious.Two police officers were at a gas station across the street and ran to me.One stayed with me to make sure that I was not hit by cars.The other ran to flag down an ambulance that he saw .Luckily we were very close to a hospital.

I was in the ER for many hours with many body fractures and spent three nights in the hospital.

What an awful experience.  Lucky the police were there to help. 

@grapau27 Graham, your house looks lovely, inviting and warm.  Just how I imagined it.  Pauline did a great job!

I was in Kroger at 7am this morning.  BIG mistake.  Lots of aisles had cartons pushed up against the shelves in preparation for restocking.  A store employee had to get the items that were blocked beyond reach.  AND there were NO cashiers.  Only self check out that had a long line of people with full shopping carts.  All I had were the items I needed to make the salad I will be bringing to my niece tomorrow. 

I am going to do my big food shopping on Friday and enjoy the peace and quiet. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@grapau27 Graham, your house looks lovely, inviting and warm.  Just how I imagined it.  Pauline did a great job!

I was in Kroger at 7am this morning.  BIG mistake.  Lots of aisles had cartons pushed up against the shelves in preparation for restocking.  A store employee had to get the items that were blocked beyond reach.  AND there were NO cashiers.  Only self check out that had a long line of people with full shopping carts.  All I had were the items I needed to make the salad I will be bringing to my niece tomorrow. 

I am going to do my big food shopping on Friday and enjoy the peace and quiet. 😉 

Thank you Bonnie for your nice compliment.

Graham.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Very happy this morning , we have been feeding a feral cat for years but haven’t seen hm in about 5 months, he showed up this morning for breakfast 😁, there are bobcats and coyotes in the area .  Sailing in 3 days on Allure, our friend from Long Island is flying home in a couple of hours.

Thank you for taking care of the feral cat. I always worry about those kitties. Have a great cruise. I hope you will post your adventures.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Have a fantastic cruise. Bon Voyage.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline has put our Christmas tree up.

IMG-20211124-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful Graham. I love how warm and cozy it makes your house feel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

.  Sailing in 3 days on Allure, our friend from Long Island is flying home in a couple of hours.

Have a great cruise, Shelagh and George!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Pat and Bucky, happy sailing on your cruise!!

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

Pauline has put our Christmas tree up.

Graham.

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful tree and setting, Pauline and Graham!

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Gobble Gobble to all. my daughter and fellow teachers!C179C539-685C-4821-BAEC-A81BA8447E0A.thumb.jpeg.9830ac68f243ada7c00db1220c91c383.jpeg

I love it!  The kids always get a big kick out of the teachers when they dress up like this.  Adorable.

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

We will be having a feast at my MIL's house tomorrow.  Both she and her SO are fantastic cooks so we will not starve.  I like to have turkey sandwiches with all the fixings but due to the vultures (us included) there isn't much turkey leftover so I will roast one up.  

Jim will be doing the same for us!  He's making a turkey breast for the day after, since we will be in Ct. for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

@lenquixote66You really were lucky the officers got to you in time.  A street in Manhattan is questionable for anyone to be in, especially someone who is unconscious. 

+1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

was in Kroger at 7am this morning.

We couldn’t find any turkey yesterday but for the first time in about 3 months found cans of caffeine free coke!  Sharon went this morning to Kroger (not as early as you) and found a turkey breast.  With that I have decided to sous vide instead of brine and cook.  This will free up the ovens for everything else being cooked and will not have to be concerned about thawing out.
When all arrived by tonight we will have homemade pizza.  Love family get togethers!

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

for the first time in about 3 months found cans of caffeine free coke!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who can't find caffeine free cola.

Good to know there is hope that there is still some out there, somewhere! 😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We did Kroger’s yesterday at about 11am definitely more crowded then normal but they had multiple cashiers , if there no cashiers I just leave even if I have a full cart .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all for your good wishes for Jim!  We so appreciate it.  We will hopefully hear the results next week.  We are hoping to hear the word "Stable" in the report.

You guys are the Best!❤️

BTW, it took 4 attempts to post this!!!

I am so sorry I missed responding --- Definitely in my thoughts for a "stable" report.    

Be safe driving to CT or are you already there?    

I went out this morning for a quick stop at produce junction and traffic was horrible and people were driving like they had no idea how to drive.    

I guess I am glad we were are not heading to LBI today for dinner there tomorrow.    

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am so sorry I missed responding --- Definitely in my thoughts for a "stable" report.    

Be safe driving to CT or are you already there?    

I went out this morning for a quick stop at produce junction and traffic was horrible and people were driving like they had no idea how to drive.    

I guess I am glad we were are not heading to LBI today for dinner there tomorrow.    

In the town I live in there are only 2 main roads and traditionally the Thanksgiving weekend is overly saturated with traffic.Our drive to our daughter who lives in town is usually 4 minutes.Tomorrow it may be 40 minutes.

• Like 2