Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Enjoyed Survivor.

Loved the vote, and cannot even begin to think of who will be going home next.

And now planning for Christmas

Today after dinner we decided to decorate the family room.

We have been to Kraynaks a store that has a Christmas tree land and other specialty items 3 times this season.  First to just see Christmas tree lane.

I usually buy my dinner tapers their and this year we just went to visit once and then bought a beautiful artificial  7 1/2 Colorado blue spruce.

Pulled it out of the big box, and put it together then started to spread all the individual little branches and did a pretty damn good job.

Now if you ever saw the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase lighting the outdoor lighting on the house, connecting the cords and nothing happens...................well.

That's almost what happened to our $582.89 dollar tree.

Oh the lights when they went on, were stunning, that is those that went on.

About 1/5 of the lights around the middle of the tree that circumnavigated the middle decided to take the day off.

So the DH who is a Jack of all trades, but master of none..............you get my point.

Gets out this little gizmo, that tries to find the bad bulb.

(Reminded me of the the movie, Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory............bad egg).

Um no!'

When we pay that much money for a artificial tree, I should not have to play fix the tree.

So, what does the DH do.

Continues to look for the problem

I quickly pick up the phone, call Kraynaks and they will have another brand new tree waiting for us tomorrow.

Now he gently fits nicely (HA, sits on the box, and masking tapes it shut) looking like a Amazon delivery of a package that has seen better days).

Now, this untoward event well kinda mess up the dinner planning for tomorrow and now I have a  sad face what to do.................... what to make to feed the master of disaster , or so I wined about, so to make amends the DH made dinner reservations at Hickory Grill to smoozle me over, it worked.

Now tomorrow, we will try for round two.

I am glad I will have some great Christmas music to listen too compliments of Greg......TY!

Ok, time to chill before nighty night.

Take care.

Some people think I make this stuff up.

HA!

When you meet the DH, Rick for short, (well he is not really that short, 5'8 on a good day). You can clarify this and everything else.

And if his Alzheimer does not get in the way, or if he did not just ignore me he will agree with this.

I should write and submit the adventures of Sue.

It only happens to me.

But

IT IS WHAT IT IS. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Enjoyed Survivor.

And now planning for Christmas

Today after dinner we decided to decorate the family room.

We have been to Kraynaks a store that has a Christmas tree land and other specialty items 3 times this season.  First to just see Christmas tree lane.

I usually buy my dinner tapers their and this year we just went to visit once and then bought a beautiful artificial  7 1/2 Colorado blue spruce.

Pulled it out of the big box, and put it together then started to spread all the individual little branches and did a pretty damn good job.

Now if you ever saw the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase lighting the outdoor lighting on the house, connecting the cords and nothing happens...................well.

That's almost what happened to our $582.89 dollar tree.

Oh the lights when they went on, were stunning, that is those that went on.

About 1/5 of the lights around the middle of the tree that circumnavigated the middle decided to take the day off.

So the DH who is a Jack of all trades, but master of none..............you get my point.

(Reminded me of the the movie, Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory............bad egg).

Um no!'

When we pay that much money for a artificial tree, I should not have to play fix the tree.

So, what does the DH do.

I quickly pick up the phone, call Kraynaks and they will have another brand new tree waiting for us tomorrow.

Now he gently fits nicely (HA, sits on the box, and masking tapes it shut) looking like a Amazon delivery of a package that has seen better days).

Now, this untoward event well kinda mess up the dinner planning for tomorrow and now I have a  sad face what to do.................... what to make to feed the master of disaster , or so I wined about, so to make amends the DH made dinner reservations at Hickory Grill to smoozle me over, it worked.

I am glad I will have some great Christmas music to listen too compliments of Greg......TY!

Take care.

HA!

When you meet the DH, Rick for short, (well he is not really that short, 5'8 on a good day). You can clarify this and everything else.

And if his Alzheimer does not get in the way, or if he did not just ignore me he will agree with this.

It only happens to me.

But

IT IS WHAT IT IS. 

Have you ever heard of a humor columnist/blogger Tracey Beckerman? She has a syndicated newspaper column & a blog  called "Lost in Suburbia" where she comments on everyday life. 

She's hilarious.  As are you. 🙂

We were watching a ball game while recording Survivor.  Not thinking, I popped over here before watching. I quickly noticed the talk about Survivor and jumped off.  What did you think of the do or die.  I thought it was a neat twist.  It looks like it will be a great finish to the season.  Looking forward to next week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Greg!

You are welcome. I hope you like it. Let me know if you had any trouble downloading it.

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

@Sea DogGreg, do you need to have Dropbox?  When I try to open it I get a message about not being able to open from an archive.    I’m using an iPad.

It may be because you are trying to download it from an iPad. Can you download it from your regular computer? I will put it up on another download site as well as soundcloud for everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

@Sea DogGreg, do you need to have Dropbox?  When I try to open it I get a message about not being able to open from an archive.    I’m using an iPad.

Try this. It may not work on an ipad either as it is a zipped file and you may need a unzip file app.

https://mega.nz/file/w40zFSSZ#EmDuGOUSQFiYc6nF3NG895u6HKKRaIadYAzmifa-j5Q

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

Packing again…kind of bittersweet. Heading to Daytona tomorrow for our best friend, Brett,’ 50th. It feels like I was just in FL for grandma so I’m having a hard time getting excited right now, but I know as soon as I have my toes in that sand tomorrow all will be better.

6am flight here we come.

I can’t remember if I shared or not, but Hayley changed her mind on her dress and found THE ONE the next day. It’s paid for now so DONE!

E01B270E-BFCE-4CD7-BAD3-4932C5B1A165.thumb.jpeg.041797778b1c89ae6110f4c5940807cb.jpeg

082E1DAF-9954-463A-B288-3899415B405A.thumb.jpeg.a8ecc4379a6779eadae251753090883a.jpeg

She also fired her planner and I have stepped in. In one day we have picked the reception space and hired the photographer. She also has an appointment to talk to a hair stylist. ☺️ I’m a planner hear me roar. 

Hope you both have a nice time in sunny Florida.

It is 34°F cold and 2 inches of snow on the ground here in NE England.🥶

Your sisters dress looks lovely as does she.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the day went better than we could have hoped. The service with open casket and flag drape was held outside. It was about 75 degrees and mostly sunny. Everything went smoothly and the honor guard really added to everything. They did the 3 gun salute, did taps, and the flag folding ceremony where they presented the flag to my mom. Even the chairs were covered with a nice material with flags on it. The pastor did his talk about being a veteran and said he was a vist nam vet. My dad had been a vet from world war II. Everything went like clock work. We are glad its behind us as the service going well was worrisome but it could not have been nicer. 

We even got a huge spray of flowers saying beloved uncle, but they werent signed so now we have been guessing who sent them. We asked several who said no, so now mom thinks maybe my cousin who owns a flower shop. Mystery flowers. The weather was perfect and the service also perfect and behind us. Even the location was perfect. They said to set up the tent and chairs they needed more space and did it along a drive with lots of field behind, not right at the grave. I think not having to see the grave was easier on mom. .. and probably me too. I choose to not follow the casket to the grave and stayed with mom. Just watched from where the service was. Mom said she was able to eat later on last night her stomach knots were better. Mine too. Kudos to the american legion. 

Sorry to hear about your dad Jane.  It sounds that you did him proud with a wonderful send off.  It must of been such a comfort to your family and a relief to have it go so well.

My sincere condolences to you and your family 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

... and then.... rain !!! That's the guest house he's staying at, 20$ per night, including breakfast 😉

After uni when my eldest and his girlfriend were backpacking in the far east, it was so cheap to get decent accommodation. 

30 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Is that your son Dani ?

Yes, the eldest. Single and worry free 😉

15 minutes ago, sgmn said:

After uni when my eldest and his girlfriend were backpacking in the far east, it was so cheap to get decent accommodation. 

Ain't that true.... We've done backpacking too, at their age.... Now, I like my comfort 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
automat correct strikes again
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Xander has definitely been playing very smart, but I'm guessing that he's going home next.  Ricard will stab him in the back, knowing that Xander is his biggest threat.  He'll have no problem getting Danny and Deshawn to vote with him, and maybe even Erika.  Heather will do whatever the group does.  Besides, they are all of a sudden showing clips of Xander talking about how he is controlling the game now.  The producers like to show how someone is getting a little too cocky before they get blindsided.

Not sure if I like the do or die twist.  I thought it would be more like rolling a die with a 1 in 6 chance of getting kicked out.  A 1 in 3 chance of staying seems harsh...too much luck involved.  But it also told me how knowledgeable Xander is.  When Jeff gave Deshawn the opportunity to switch boxes after the first box was revealed, Xander whispered "Monty Hall problem" to Ricard.  Anyone into probability theory would recognize that, but it's probably not something most people would know, especially by name.  By the way, the smart play for Deshawn would have been to switch boxes when given the choice (click on the link above for why).  Good thing for him that he didn't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

She also fired her planner and I have stepped in. In one day we have picked the reception space and hired the photographer. She also has an appointment to talk to a hair stylist. ☺️ I’m a planner hear me roar. 

I hear you! You will make a fantastic planner. Enjoy the wedding planning.

Enjoy the 50th.

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:
9 hours ago, singinalot said:

Expand  

I hear you! You will make a fantastic planner. Enjoy the wedding planning.

Enjoy the 50th.

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering what @singinalot spreadsheet looks like 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We started watching Hawkeye a couple of nights ago.  It doesn't have us hooked like some of the other Marvel mini-series shows but it's good.  I like Hailee Steinfeld.  She has a bright acting future (in addition to an already accomplished past at a fairly young age). 

I was casually watching the credits, waiting to see if there was a typical Marvel post credit scene, when I saw Greg Steele - Production Visual Effects Supervisor.  I excitedly thought that maybe our @Sea Dog had been holding out on us about some additional work that he had done.  The connection to his news editing skill seemed plausible.  Unfortunately, there are many Greg Steele's out there.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

You will probably enjoy and have so much fun in helping or should I say doing the planning.

Although stressful between COVID and daughters expectations and at times a bit frustrating all in all the final product of her wedding did make her dreams come true.

It kept me busy and I had so much fun meeting so many people in a different town.

Yup, daughter was living in Kentucky, and the wedding was in Twinsburg a mere 44 min. drive from where we live.

It was worth every moment.

And to see our DD and now SIL so thrilled with emotions, was worth every stressful moment that occurred pre wedding and the event to go off without a hitch...............well, they got hitched if that counts.

Enjoy,

Have fun.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So, what does the DH do.

Take care.

HA!

It only happens to me.

But

IT IS WHAT IT IS. 

Sounds just like my DH, also jack of all trades, and trys to fix stuff rather than get it replaced or a professional in .....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sounds just like my DH, also jack of all trades, and trys to fix stuff rather than get it replaced or a professional in .....

I am (slowly?) changing from do it yourself to hire a professional.  I have the skill and experience to do many things myself, and it seems like a waste of money to pay someone else.  I'm finding though that the physical effort is more difficult now that I'm older, and the frustration of not doing something right and having to do it again is not worth the money.  I just had some electrical outlets added to our house.   We have a ranch with all electric cables distributed through the attic.  It's easy enough to drop new cables down through the existing walls.  Crawling around in the attic and twisting my body to fit cramped spaces?  Nope.

• Like 7

Interesting to read this morning that they are filming a new Netflix movie in the area.  It stars Christian Bale and Harry Melling and is set in 1830 at West Point. 

The first setting is at Westminster College, where my daughter received her undergraduate degree, so we are quite familiar with the campus. Evidently the buildings can pass for West Point in the 1830’s, and they have been busy removing or disguising modern features. 

The second area is a place where Susan and I often hike.  They are using a setting around the McConnell’s Mill Covered Bridge and Mill.  I think I may have posted some of these pictures earlier, when we were hiking there this fall. 

D8C62371-DBBE-4306-BD7A-318504B2B933.thumb.jpeg.f036290b26e92fc47fb5699fc75660c8.jpeg

They have been busy removing signs, painting, and otherwise disguising modern day things. 

9EC77742-FFB8-471A-A099-42ED75386938.thumb.jpeg.2e128f0bd6f0f6fbf96a2eda27dcd26d.jpeg

This bridge was actually built about 40 years after the period the movie is set in. I guess with covered bridges being rare, you use what you have. 

965517E9-CB32-4ED3-9784-2A4641DCC1F2.thumb.jpeg.5ce05498078994b464274626869ed7ee.jpeg

The mill beside the bridge. 

1D5F39B7-2263-4381-81F1-D2455957C4B7.thumb.jpeg.a0aa930ff779d0f020b37df8ec201e81.jpeg

I guess I never really thought about the amount of prep work they need to do, so that they can film a piece set in the past. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Interesting to read this morning that they are filming a new Netflix movie in the area.  It stars Christian Bale and Harry Melling and is set in 1830 at West Point. 

The first setting is at Westminster College, where my daughter received her undergraduate degree, so we are quite familiar with the campus. Evidently the buildings can pass for West Point in the 1830’s, and they have been busy removing or disguising modern features. 

The second area is a place where Susan and I often hike.  They are using a setting around the McConnell’s Mill Covered Bridge and Mill.  I think I may have posted some of these pictures earlier, when we were hiking there this fall. 

D8C62371-DBBE-4306-BD7A-318504B2B933.thumb.jpeg.f036290b26e92fc47fb5699fc75660c8.jpeg

They have been busy removing signs, painting, and otherwise disguising modern day things. 

9EC77742-FFB8-471A-A099-42ED75386938.thumb.jpeg.2e128f0bd6f0f6fbf96a2eda27dcd26d.jpeg

This bridge was actually built about 40 years after the period the movie is set in. I guess with covered bridges being rare, you use what you have. 

965517E9-CB32-4ED3-9784-2A4641DCC1F2.thumb.jpeg.5ce05498078994b464274626869ed7ee.jpeg

The mill beside the bridge. 

1D5F39B7-2263-4381-81F1-D2455957C4B7.thumb.jpeg.a0aa930ff779d0f020b37df8ec201e81.jpeg

I guess I never really thought about the amount of prep work they need to do, so that they can film a piece set in the past. 

Chris and I love historical shows and movies, mostly set in England. I am amazed at the settings! Right now we’re watching Miss Marple (very soothing, even if there are several murders!) and Brother Cadfael- truly excellent acting. They’re both old, but we’re getting use out of the BritBox subscription!

I do think that I have seen reused props and there are a couple of roads that I have seen more than once (I think), but it’s a highly enjoyable evening activity.

• Like 3