Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sea Dog Greg.  I went to Boleros after dinner to get a MV but they ran out of something to make Pina Colada.  I asked for something that had a good peach flavor and it is good but I didn't understand what he said it is.  Maybe I will know tomorrow because it will be a repeat. 

20220513_212401.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

I am so far behind on these boards, but I'm not complaining.  Just got off of eleven days on the Navigator OTS and home for a week.  Then, flying to Seattle to board the Ovation OTS for two weeks in Alaska.  @Ozark_Kid Sorry I will miss you by a week.

Retirement is the best job I've ever had!!

Be well...stay healthy.

Pat

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I took the 2nd covid booster (#4 vaccine overall) yesterday and my arm is so much more painful than any other vaccine I received.  I've been trying to exercise and drink plenty of water.

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

Very hard to keep up in here.  Hope all remain well.

I received 2 text messages today informing me that my Citi account has been compromised and frozen. Click on the link to reactivate.

Joke is on them. I don't have a Citi account.

Hope your arm is feeling better soon.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Our kitchen remodel is FINALLY supposed to start on Monday with the cabinet refacing. They last minute delayed it by a week, which meant we had to put off the backsplash people. And now THEY can't be here until early June. :classic_rolleyes:

They sent an email today: Ensure that you or your adult representative are available during the installation.

This absolutely cracked me up. Maybe because it is California....But how many underage minors are out there arranging kitchen remodels.? :classic_biggrin: 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

One of the byproducts of these scams for me is that I've become a little paranoid about these kinds of attacks.  I received a hard copy letter in the mail from Whirlpool saying that there is an "issue" with my KitchenAid dishwasher (owned by Whirlpool).  The letter says that it's not a safety recall but just something that might impact performance.  They provided an email address and a phone number to arrange for an appointment to fix the issue.

This is almost certainly not a scam since scammers will rarely pay for the cost of a printed letter and a postage stamp, and I do have one of the KitchenAid models listed.  Still, it's written in a sort of vague way, so I went to the Whirlpool website to find more info and confirm it's real.  I couldn't find anything about this "issue". Next step is to call a different support number on their website so that I'm sure I'm talking to a real Whirlpool person.  Probably a lot of unnecessary action on my part but like I said, I've become a little paranoid about anyone who contacts me rather than me contacting them.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the byproducts of these scams for me is that I've become a little paranoid about these kinds of attacks.  I received a hard copy letter in the mail from Whirlpool saying that there is an "issue" with my KitchenAid dishwasher (owned by Whirlpool).  The letter says that it's not a safety recall but just something that might impact performance.  They provided an email address and a phone number to arrange for an appointment to fix the issue.

This is almost certainly not a scam since scammers will rarely pay for the cost of a printed letter and a postage stamp, and I do have one of the KitchenAid models listed.  Still, it's written in a sort of vague way, so I went to the Whirlpool website to find more info and confirm it's real.  I couldn't find anything about this "issue". Next step is to call a different support number on their website so that I'm sure I'm talking to a real Whirlpool person.  Probably a lot of unnecessary action on my part but like I said, I've become a little paranoid about anyone who contacts me rather than me contacting them.

I don't think it is paranoia at all. These are the times we live in. Imagine this is a scam and you allow a stranger into your home...

• Like 8

I love the all I've gotten twice so far, same American dude stating in a shaky, sweet voice:
hello grandma, it's me, your grandson.  (no name)  turns out he was at his friend's Tommy's funeral and was so upset he drank and hit another car with a woman in it.  Said he got arrested and needed help.  I play along.  When I'm taking to long he gets right to it, at a pct in New Jersey, cops have his phone and wallet.  Can I send money (cash?) to the DA.  lol  I told him on the second call: don''t you think you should stay in jail for a bit to learn a lesson.  OH GRANDMA.  LOL  idiot.
Then I reach out for a little sound machine my husband bought for scam calls and hit some of the laughter buttons.  Guess my soaps weren't that interesting for me since I killed 10 minutes with this kid. 
Oh, and the funniest part was I could hear so many others in the background saying, hello grandma?

They ort to be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

It is cruise morning for us, and will be heading to the port in an hour and a half. 

Meanwhile, daughter sent a picture this morning of a couple prowlers in their neighborhood last night. 

818C68C3-DEFF-4EB6-B71D-C39FB4ACE52A.jpeg.34076976bf556e9b7895203cba85f886.jpeg

• Like 16

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

It is cruise morning for us, and will be heading to the port in an hour and a half. 

Meanwhile, daughter sent a picture this morning of a couple prowlers in their neighborhood last night. 

Wow and:

Beautiful Four Colored Bon Voyage Photograph by Mascha Tace | Pixels

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg.  I went to Boleros after dinner to get a MV but they ran out of something to make Pina Colada.  I asked for something that had a good peach flavor and it is good but I didn't understand what he said it is.  Maybe I will know tomorrow because it will be a repeat. 

20220513_212401.jpg

Looks very good. Let us know what it's called.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Whoa.

Have a great cruise.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I received 2 text messages today informing me that my Citi account has been compromised and frozen. Click on the link to reactivate.

Joke is on them. I don't have a Citi account.

Hope your arm is feeling better soon.

A great win for the Rangers last night.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Have a wonderful cruise!

At least they were using the walk and not the grass.  LOL

• Like 3

Boy it’s sometimes so hard to keep up with this thread, especially when we also have Ozark’s and H20SkiBums live threads going on now!  
Here in RI it’s suddenly summer.  Sun/clouds and 82 degrees today.  We went to the local garden center this morning and no surprise, it was mobbed.  We’re slowly adding to the pool landscaping.  I’m also thrilled with how the phlox I planted last year is doing. D7DE9BBC-A0BD-41BE-9E17-176FB9D9F9BF.thumb.jpeg.685f2f9d1978c99a91b1de5e5959f0ce.jpeg

I’m enjoying the sunshine out in the deck & resting up for this afternoon. We have our granddaughters overnight while their Mom & Dad go to a wedding.  

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Boy it’s sometimes so hard to keep up with this thread, especially when we also have Ozark’s and H20SkiBums live threads going on now!  

Now, that is @Lionesss

live review.  Let’s give credit where it is due.  

Just like photo bombing, I occasionally show up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just like photo bombing, I occasionally show up. 

Well I thank you for photo bombing and saving me from reading pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages............

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A great win for the Rangers last night.

Yes it was. Another come from behind victory. So glad I recorded the game as I had dinner plans with a friend I haven't seen in 5 years.  At the restaurant , sat with with my back to the TV  and avoided all text updates from my friends. Got home long after the game ended. Even fast forwarding thru the commercials and intermission, it was 2 am before I finished. Of course, the adrenaline kept me up for another hour or so.

• Like 4