Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to the Rear View Diner in Bergen County ? Friends of ours who lived in Staten Island moved to Bergen County about 8 years ago 

and raved about the food in that diner.We have been there a few times.

No, that one is not familiar.  Our go to NJ diner when we lived in NY was the Park Ridge Diner.  We've been to one in I think Hackensack. Another one in Paramus on Route 4, and in Rockland County, The New City Diner, Nanuet Diner, Blauvelt Diner.  My daughter is close to one near her  house but I forget the name.

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

How about The Tick Tock Diner on Rte 3???

Now that one sounds familiar.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I could wash it first thing in the morning - like 6 am when it's going to be 50 degrees. LOL. But between the tree pollen and bug splatter from driving thru the Catskill Mountains, the car will be filthy before I arrive at my destination.  Plus the neighbors will think I'm crazy. 😁

Oh I remember those Catskill Mts bug splatters very well.  Our car was covered in dead bugs driving thru those mountains.  Ewww!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

This was the purring pile I had to drag myself away from this morning 😞.  We’re driving to FLL to board Celebrity Equinox on Saturday.  Celebrating our 35th anniversary!

099FE66C-4F41-4785-AF4B-0C1978E23A43.thumb.jpeg.3c58b6f0e4925ad9edfb7b257b37bc44.jpeg

A wonderful purring pile.  Have a fabulous trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thinking of y'all. 

image.thumb.png.cc3bdf19f1c020f05a03519cf8a964d9.png

They use the same company for  Syrup that I do for puree. 

At the pool we got a Miami Vice and a Peach Daiquiri.   We couldn't drink them because of chunks of ice.  I went back to the bar and pointed it out.  He said it's the size of the ice.  I told him I have not had this problem at the other bars.  He said again, size of ice.  I told him I have this machine,  you just aren't blending it long enough.   I said blend it twice.  He did another Peach and blended extra.  I told him perfect.  He said, size of ice.  I said this one is perfect.  He made another Miami and it was perfect. 

I had this happen before while up at the pool bar.

Glad they haven't run out...(yet) so enjoy. Sounds like the bartender was a jerk or a newbie or both. Either way he should have not tried to make excuses. He's not going to be making a lot of tips if he keeps up that kind of attitude.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

You must have been watching the Mets game today, Lenny. The Mets are heading to Denver (this evening) to play the Rockies starting tomorrow and they said the temp will drop from 80s today to the 30s tomorrow. 😉

I talked to my sister today who lives in Denver area , supposed to get several inch’s of snow tomorrow, it was in 90’s for last few weeks in Dallas, sister is supposed to fly to Boston this week and have a nice that will be flying to Denver tomorrow. We need a repeat of the 2000 World Series with Yankees and Mets , hopefully with Yankees winning again . 😁😁😁😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Our go to NJ diner when we lived in NY was the Park Ridge Diner.  We've been to one in I think Hackensack. Another one in Paramus on Route 4, and in Rockland County, The New City Diner, Nanuet Diner, Blauvelt Diner. 

Wow, this is a trip down memory lane. I'm having flashbacks to the 1980's.  The Park Ridge Diner was about 10 minutes away (Montvale) from where I had my first professional office career job. Had many a lunch there.

The place on Route 4 in Paramus  is the Suburban Diner, if it's the one I'm thinking of (there are a ton of diners around there).  I did all my clothes shopping in NJ since there was no sales tax on clothing unlike NY and this was back in the day office workers  had to wear suit & ties so the savings was substantial. Anyways, I'd always stop at that diner after shopping at Paramus Park or Bergen Town Center.

New City, Blauvelt & Nanuet Diners are all faves. Some where from my childhood. Dad was a diner man would take all 4 of us kids (& mom too) or sometime just me to a diner at least once a week. As I got older, they became oy "after-hours" eating place once the bars closed down.

• Like 5

On 5/17/2022 at 1:16 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

Oh Marietta, I'm so so sorry for your family,  especially thoughts are with your daughter and the children.  What an awful time for you all. So sudden and so young 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado. The execs threw me a lovely send-off last night…a happy hour event at a local golf club…attended by about 40. I think I’m the first person since I’ve been here that was celebrated in this manner without there being a retirement involved. I told them in my goodbye speech “I’m literally quitting and you’re throwing a party 🤣”.F9209429-294B-4EB7-ACA1-9B7A1C444FEC.thumb.jpeg.9d300f835b5b79c50fce67e6834ee314.jpeg

a huge basket of parting gifts, wine, flowers, and spy the mug…everyone teases me about my love for spreadsheets 😉

D160DBE2-9D0D-4978-9652-E1C3A4617B35.thumb.jpeg.e64b8f1adb66d5fbe8e68d20efc44fa1.jpeg

2 of my other exec assistants I’ve worked with for 7+ years

B179BF3D-137F-4BBA-A456-44D0BBA2FAFD.thumb.jpeg.60c30fb0b97cf79b56b09aa1d2acf40f.jpeg

Lovely send off. Best wishes and good luck in the exciting next phase of your life in Florida .

Looking forward to hearing about it 

We had a lovely day yesterday for Gary's birthday.  After a video call with our one year old grandson we had breakfast in the courtyard of our local craft village.

20220519_101718.thumb.jpg.b83a6d97fc050b026680afd768cbc712.jpg

Later we had cake and coffee in the garden with my sister in law 

20220519_121957.thumb.jpg.8da8e1f53ced4ac8c19ba85fab90564e.jpg

And in the evening my youngest son and DIL had us over for a bbq 

Great day 

20220519_193340.thumb.jpg.9888e9e88d1662de3cb859875cbf57d5.jpg

• Like 22

@singinalot Lovely farewell.  Exciting that your move to Florida is soon.  Enjoy your seachange.

@helen haywood Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.  Enjoy your cruise.

@sgmnlooks like Gary had a wonderful day of celebrations.  Like Dani, I am impressed by the lovely weather.  And is that a fire pit in the centre of the table? Looks fab.

• Thanks 1

Federal Election in Australia tomorrow.  Voting is compulsory here.  Heading off to the polling booth in the morning.  Will time it to buy a the traditional Election Day school fundraising combo of a sausage sizzle and some homemade goodies made by the school mums.  My colleague always works at the polls on the Election Day.  The money she earns goes towards her drink packages on upcoming cruises.  We are having friends over in the evening to watch the results as they come in.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re driving to FLL to board Celebrity Equinox on Saturday.  Celebrating our 35th anniversary!

Enjoy your cruise on the Equinox [have very fond memories from this ship].

Happy 35th anniversary, and wishing you many more to come. That's quite a milestone...🌷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@singinalot 

@helen haywood 

@sgmnlooks like Gary had a wonderful day of celebrations.  Like Dani, I am impressed by the lovely weather.  And is that a fire pit in the centre of the table? Looks fab.

Yes, sons new garden furniture,  came in handy as got chilly by late evening 

20220519_202746.thumb.jpg.7a91d6b2afde7993c5c836756a905693.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy your cruise on the Equinox [have very fond memories from this ship].

Happy 35th anniversary, and wishing you many more to come. That's quite a milestone...🌷

+1

We love the Equinox 

• Like 2

Some of the sunrises on this cruise have been disappointing.  Todays

FC4AC7A1-F07B-4E2F-9C3A-69A7878CA669.thumb.jpeg.337b3195fbeeeaaf57911c3d698581b0.jpeg

But, at least I am cruising.  Can’t believe we only have two days left already. 

I think I have missed some on this thread.  Hard to keep up at sea. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 11

Continuing the NJ diner discussion...I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ until 5th grade.  We had a great place there called Olga's Diner.  They sponsored my little league baseball team, and we went there a lot for our victory celebrations.  It looks like their original location closed and was demolished to turn a major traffic circle into an overpass (intersection of Rts 70 and 73 in Marlton).  They were closed for a decade and recently reopened in a new location nearby.  They no longer have a traditional looking diner building, but hopefully the food is still as good.  Anyone been to Olga's?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado. The execs threw me a lovely send-off last night…a happy hour event at a local golf club…attended by about 40. I think I’m the first person since I’ve been here that was celebrated in this manner without there being a retirement involved. I told them in my goodbye speech “I’m literally quitting and you’re throwing a party 🤣”.F9209429-294B-4EB7-ACA1-9B7A1C444FEC.thumb.jpeg.9d300f835b5b79c50fce67e6834ee314.jpeg

a huge basket of parting gifts, wine, flowers, and spy the mug…everyone teases me about my love for spreadsheets 😉

D160DBE2-9D0D-4978-9652-E1C3A4617B35.thumb.jpeg.e64b8f1adb66d5fbe8e68d20efc44fa1.jpeg

2 of my other exec assistants I’ve worked with for 7+ years

B179BF3D-137F-4BBA-A456-44D0BBA2FAFD.thumb.jpeg.60c30fb0b97cf79b56b09aa1d2acf40f.jpeg

Congrats Crystal on it being official.  It's great when you get that kind of send off...it shows how much you mean to your old company.  When does the move happen?  Oh, and the Neutrogena Beach Defense sun tan lotion is our favorite.  You'll need lots of it. 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

You son is the human dog cushion. 😂 

He's only a pup, around 9 months old. It was way past his bedtime 😊

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This was the purring pile I had to drag myself away from this morning 😞.  We’re driving to FLL to board Celebrity Equinox on Saturday.  Celebrating our 35th anniversary!

099FE66C-4F41-4785-AF4B-0C1978E23A43.thumb.jpeg.3c58b6f0e4925ad9edfb7b257b37bc44.jpeg

Adorable 😻It is rough to get out of bed some mornings!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise with perfect weather and smooth seas.   Bon Voyage🤩

And Happy Anniversary💐

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1