Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Yesterday was the first football game for our granddaughter.  She has that all important position of Cheerleader. She did excellent with her cheers.  

6186729D-4A6E-44DF-A55A-F2A70F62465D.thumb.jpeg.46431d6174f5a2bb3a40a9ff05a70c1c.jpeg

Her mom was a cheerleader, and Susan was a master at the fire baton, so spirit runs in the family.  

The football team came away with a 26-16 win for the first game.  Next weekend is a home game. 

• Like 24

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What will be happening  tomorrow? I am missing so much on this thread.

Although I did not mention specifically, I think most deduced that it will be her first chemo for a rare and aggressive cancer. That’s why we were rushing everywhere to get the tests they wanted completed before they would start.  

Some places said they couldn’t do tests before October, which made no sense.  The one test with such a long wait, we paid out of pocket for her to get it done last Friday. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

@h20skibum Your granddaughter is a very cute cheerleader ! 

Wishing your daughter strength tomorrow for her treatment. Love and support of her family will be with her tomorrow and on her health journey. Please let her know that so many here on Dani’s thread are on her team and we will be thinking of her

tomorrow and the days to come.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 12

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are doing okay.   Thanks for asking.   After getting through all the additional testing last week, and getting things coordinated between the five hospitals involved with the tests, she is scheduled to start treatments tomorrow. 

Given the long wait times on hold, and the difficulty in getting tests scheduled, you would thinK that Royal was handling their phone lines.

Positive  thoughts, plus prayers for tomorrow, Mark🙏

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely gardens.

+1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 11.40am 65°F and sunny in our back garden where we are having a rest.

There are lots of Elderberries on the trees overlooking our garden.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20220828_103448.jpg

Your home and grounds are all so beautiful, Graham!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Your grandsons have got some skills.  We used to say that boys that age that never stopped eating had hollow legs.  Hope you feel better soon.

+1. Deb!!

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The feast became so crowed in the evening that the best thing to do was go other places. 

Spent the end of the evening at Quincy Market listening to a really good singer/guitarist who was playing outside. Finally Amtrak delivered us home as safely as it got us into the city. It was a good day.....

One of my favorite clocks in the city...

20220827_202836.thumb.jpg.0f4a2fafcbb5d6f9f0e225af347088f9.jpg

Beautiful picture of the clock.  It sounds like you had a wonderful day in Boston!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was the first football game for our granddaughter.  She has that all important position of Cheerleader. She did excellent with her cheers.  

6186729D-4A6E-44DF-A55A-F2A70F62465D.thumb.jpeg.46431d6174f5a2bb3a40a9ff05a70c1c.jpeg

Her mom was a cheerleader, and Susan was a master at the fire baton, so spirit runs in the family.  

The football team came away with a 26-16 win for the first game.  Next weekend is a home game. 

She's a beautiful little girl, Mark!

• Like 4

Although I did not mention specifically, I think most deduced that it will be her first chemo for a rare and aggressive cancer. That’s why we were rushing everywhere to get the tests they wanted completed before they would start.  

Some places said they couldn’t do tests before October, which made no sense.  The one test with such a long wait, we paid out of pocket for her to get it done last Friday. 

Thank you for sharing this information. She will be in my thoughts and heart as she starts her treatments. My wish is to have everything go smoothly and very successful.

• Like 12

Thanks. I never know if I missed something and then I feel like I'm prying.😑

• Like 3

So my day, today started out with a walk at the lake at sunrise. 

91D34870-7479-478A-A87A-0B4D2AFF6FCD.thumb.jpeg.e40b913bfd64705209f14609338380af.jpeg

Then we took a drive to Lake Erie.  Yesterday was birthday #69 for one of Susan’s sisters, so we took her out for lunch.   She wanted to try Pier 6, which is a rooftop bar and grille overlooking the bay.  

8E627966-69B4-469A-B661-4D1F07282352.thumb.jpeg.29b5097da3443108690e5b996d9d77de.jpeg

They had a limited menu for Sunday, so I ordered the breakfast tacos.  They were actually pretty good, with a little spice to them. 

FA084D73-8630-4902-99AA-8F472C856746.thumb.jpeg.53dd1c0358a82229dba5c399915e0a14.jpeg

I tried a couple of their pier bliss drinks, which I kept referring to as pier blitz and pier runners. (Not sure where I picked up those terms).  The drink contained Citroen, triple sec, Malibu, pineapple juice, orange juice, sprite, and grenadine.  About 3/4 of the glass was alcohol based with the remainder juices.  They were tasty. 

B11A2E66-96A3-4993-840C-5DF2820CF32A.thumb.jpeg.d1900621d4871f463b5d083b2d366861.jpeg

They were having a tall ships review at the pier.  I didn’t have any trouble finding this cruising duck. 

E8DEBA65-95EF-4F43-B09A-31334AA73D4A.thumb.jpeg.f377a22b4a1cf0e8ec79bec0aedacfee.jpeg

Afterwards, we walked on the peninsula.  We did spot a couple monarch butterflies, which are now listed as endangered. 

60514B5C-568D-4DEA-B050-D9E456D9E453.thumb.jpeg.be4bef9fabc7b1776f3f970c038d8c6a.jpeg

We even found one of their caterpillars on a milkweed, which is their source of food.  

30564CD6-95B5-4AE5-8DF9-4329950879CD.thumb.jpeg.72ce2c90dc766507dd44d32aec522e34.jpeg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How are you feeling,Bonnie ?

Lenny, thank you for asking.  Trying to do my best to walk.  We had no plans today since my daughter took the kids to visit friends.  Too hot to go outside so I did as much walking as I could around the building.  

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

San Gennaro is to New York as St. Anthony is to Boston.

Of course.  I was responding to GeorgeC's comment about going to a crowded feast in Little Italy in NY, one I've been to many times.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Parking your car at the pier? How much per day is it now?  Guessing you didn't make your 11am check in time then?

Yes, parked at the garage for $25/day.   Sat in taffic for about 45 minutes.  Once parked and in the terminal check in was a breeze.   

we had dinner in CK this evening.  Filet mignon melted in my mouth.  Sorry dont know why un20220828_131307.thumb.jpg.5de1b3aae1d40d9eeb2f998337792c69.jpgderlining now.

@Sea Dog. First drink was Kraken Colada with floater, then a painkiller, then a rum punch with kraken floater, then a glass of Riesling with dinner, even though I hate to mix.   

• Like 24

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, parked at the garage for $25/day.   Sat in taffic for about 45 minutes.  Once parked and in the terminal check in was a breeze.   

we had dinner in CK this evening.  Filet mignon melted in my mouth.  Sorry dont know why un20220828_131307.thumb.jpg.5de1b3aae1d40d9eeb2f998337792c69.jpgderlining now.

@Sea Dog. First drink was Kraken Colada with floater, then a painkiller, then a rum punch with kraken floater, then a glass of Riesling with dinner, even though I hate to mix.   

Sounds like you are off to a good start!! 😂

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

1 Tequila 2 Tequila 3 Tequila Floor! Waffle Weave Kitchen Towel

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I always tell people “I’m so busy doing nothing I don’t have time to do anything.”

Have you reached the 1-year retired mark yet Greg?  I can't remember when your retirement date was.  People kept telling me that it would seem like I was on vacation for the first 6-12 months and then at some point I'd need to find things to do for my "new normal".  I'm a little more than 2 years retired and it still seems like vacation.  I sat next to the pool today reading a book while listening to the Margaritaville channel on SiriusXM.  Bliss.  Maybe playing golf a couple of days a week is my new normal. 🏌️‍♂️🍺

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, thank you for asking.  Trying to do my best to walk.  We had no plans today since my daughter took the kids to visit friends.  Too hot to go outside so I did as much walking as I could around the building.  

Of course.  I was responding to GeorgeC's comment about going to a crowded feast in Little Italy in NY, one I've been to many times.

Glad to hear that you are doing better,Bonnie.

• Like 2

We have 6600 or 6800 passengers are the counts I heard so far.   First day seems like an insane amount of people.  Hoping tomorrow doesn't seem so crowded.   

We had snafu with Eric's luggage, another passenger grabbed his bag by mistake and brought to our cabin after dinner.   All Good.  Love the location of our JS.   Balcony has 2 lounge chairs and regular size table with 2 chairs.  I love having walk in closet.   Tons of storage shame we are only onboard for a week.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 12