Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, dbancroft said:

That is always the worst part of leaving from Bayonne. There were a lot of cars pulling off to the side and letting the passengers out with their luggage. I guess they figured faster to walk than wait in traffic. I also think they might have been Ubers or Lift.

We find it less chaotic to go in the afternoon. Everybody wants to be on the first group to board😁. We don't. We get there when we get there. 🙂

Hope you and family are all better now? Any more cruises planned out of Bayonne? We will go on the Anthem in November and January.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

After being away all day yesterday I don't feel like I can make her move. I have flashbacks to when she lived under furniture. I've always been a pushover for the furry things in the house. She did open her eyes and change position.

20220828_154636.thumb.jpg.6f60f4cca272c0235e94fbbcbb6910a7.jpg

OMG I love this picture!

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 12:13 AM, brillohead said:

I can highly recommend Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout in Roatan.    I've done the animals plus snorkeling there twice.  

I swear, Sid the Sloth will actually POSE for pictures while you're holding him!  

Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it for later.

On 8/28/2022 at 7:27 AM, h20skibum said:

I held a sloth in Columbia, and got some grief from some on CC about animal cruelty.  

Yikes. Sorry to hear that.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Although I did not mention specifically, I think most deduced that it will be her first chemo for a rare and aggressive cancer. That’s why we were rushing everywhere to get the tests they wanted completed before they would start.  

Some places said they couldn’t do tests before October, which made no sense.  The one test with such a long wait, we paid out of pocket for her to get it done last Friday. 

Prayers and best wishes for your daughter. You know she will make it with flying colors. 🙏🤞

I am sorry to read that the testing places are making you wait so long. That is just not right. Medicine is so buried in red tape and paperwork.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, George C said:

Just returned from a unsuccessful poker game, but several great bottles of wine was opened including opus one Cabernet, which I had never tried before, approximately 20 years old , extremely expensive. 

How are you doing George? All OK with the mri?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

20220829_060924.thumb.jpg.5b054e2ddf28f6fd2d0bda66847b1afe.jpgGood Morning20220829_060918.thumb.jpg.0cf65073bb3765c1fb68832075f4ab1a.jpg

16617678733914598839139214960240.jpg

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is now drizzly rain.   I'm wandering around hiding my cruise ducks this morning.   Hopefully Marieta's Grandkids find some😀

Was going to say hope you taking it slow we have thunderstorms rolling in from the ocean here in SC, supposed to be a wet day.  

Seas look so calm, hope it stays that way and you have a wonderful, safe, trip.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, parked at the garage for $25/day.   Sat in taffic for about 45 minutes.  Once parked and in the terminal check in was a breeze.   

we had dinner in CK this evening.  Filet mignon melted in my mouth.  Sorry dont know why un20220828_131307.thumb.jpg.5de1b3aae1d40d9eeb2f998337792c69.jpgderlining now.

@Sea Dog. First drink was Kraken Colada with floater, then a painkiller, then a rum punch with kraken floater, then a glass of Riesling with dinner, even though I hate to mix.   

Is the parking garage open to all now or is it still just handicap parking?

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone have a pie crust recipe they like. My wife would like to try to make her own instead of  frozen store bought?

Google "foolproof pie crust with vodka by Christopher Kimball"  The vodka is the secret that makes it turn out every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am sorry to read that the testing places are making you wait so long. That is just not right. Medicine is so buried in red tape and paperwork.

Thank the insurance companies that pretty much run the show these days.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is the meet up this morning?

Yes, 11 is at the carousel on boardwalk😀

Rain has stopped but no sun yet.

Disappointed no omelet stations in WJ or solarium bistro.   Had to get one in MDR.  Was good but prefer actual omelet stations.

Eric being lazy and went back to cabin to nap.  He loves napping on sea days.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

If you're talking about the Doughboy, that's calories well-spent!! 😁

The biggest mistake we made in Skagway!  We got a Doughboy and shared it.  I will never share one again.........

To make things clear, those things are great!  So great that if we share one the next time it will be after we each had one on our own!

😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The biggest mistake we made in Skagway!  We got a Doughboy and shared it.  I will never share one again.........

To make things clear, those things are great!  So great that if we share one the next time it will be after we each had one on our own!

😆

I had one up in Boston on Saturday. Sharing is out of the question.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank the insurance companies that pretty much run the show these days.

Yes, I meant that part of it. The darn insurance companies! Sorry if it was misunderstood for the wrong choice of words.....should have said "insurance co".

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sorry still doesn't work. I may need to try another browser instead of Google. Thanks for your help.

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's working for me on a Chromebook, but it took a few seconds for the plans to load -- at first, all I had was what you show, then the plans showed up.  Maybe try clearing your cache and try again?  

(It is, after all, Royal's IT department we're talking about here!)

Cleared it out still the same. May do what I told Jimbo I'll try another browser.

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Sea Dog, a KC friend of mine posted this, done by an artist friend of hers:

301129156_10162676269092715_4732506194868603555_n.jpg

That makes my heart warm. So awesome that is. I wish you could have known him. He was truly one of a kind.

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Actually, @Sea Dog, you probably know my friends.... if not knowing them personally, you probably at least know of them.  They're the ones who dress up as nuns at the Chiefs games.  

300818551_671421297877795_7790930839339635050_n.jpg

I've seen them before many times. I love their outfits.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

From my Royal Caribbean brochure Greg.

16617582410056227387622370069315.jpg

16617582666128449283173162947394.jpg

Thanks Graham that's a really good brochure with the layout printed.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good Morning20220829_060918.thumb.jpg.0cf65073bb3765c1fb68832075f4ab1a.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. So calm. I'm sure you are in your happy place.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been in a Heartline study for over a year now.  This was part of the article I read from them this morning. 

B4096DB0-63B2-4192-8293-BFE7959F5DF9.thumb.jpeg.01ee186e7425111d3bc25ac3ea9a2afa.jpeg

Now I am researching if Sunday is the start of the week, or the end of the week.  Need to know if I blew it pretty bad last week, or if I got a good head start on blowing it this week. 😏

I'm screwed!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry still doesn't work. I may need to try another browser instead of Google. Thanks for your help.

Cleared it out still the same. May do what I told Jimbo I'll try another browser.

That makes my heart warm. So awesome that is. I wish you could have known him. He was truly one of a kind.

I've seen them before many times. I love their outfits.

Thanks Graham that's a really good brochure with the layout printed.

Absolutely beautiful. So calm. I'm sure you are in your happy place.

I'm screwed!!!!!!!!!

Any particular deck Greg?

• Like 1

THE ORIGINAL CRISCO PIE SHELL RECIPE

CIRCA EARLY 1960'S

This is the recipe from my moms cookbook from an original can of Crisco.

We have the label, although it has seen better days.

2 cups all purpose flour sifted

3/4 teaspoon of salt

3/4 cup of Crisco shortening chilled

3-6 tablespoons of ice cold water

In a mixing bowl place flour, salt and Crisco

Using a fork add slowly the water, for sure you will need 4 tablespoons sometimes more.

Fork the mixture together until all flour blended in.

The above would be enough to use on an apple pie with a top crust

or

2 bottom crust for pumpkin pie.

I have experimented with this recipe over the years, and the original Crisco works best. Do not try the butter Crisco, tasted weird.  And the colder the water the better.

You will definitely get your wrist exercise for the day with this technique.

Tried a mixer, nope, not going to happen, to much for motor, got a new mixer out of it.

Not enough batter to use kitchen aid mixer unless your doing a double batch.

Enjoy

The Apple pie juices soak into the bottom crust and I enjoy it more than the pie. (I always make my bottom crust thicker).

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe when I hit 23 years I might get that back to work vibe...... 😆 

I spent 25 years with a company.The job was very stressful but I made a lot of good friends.I last worked there in 1996 but I am still friends with many of my co-workers.

• Like 2