Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you been up before the sun even one day this week????😇

Yes, the first couple of days I got up between 530 and 6 am.   Today I was up around 6 went for my coffee and morning walk and back in time for room service to arrive at 730😀

Now Eric that's a whole different story.  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, the first couple of days I got up between 530 and 6 am.   Today I was up around 6 went for my coffee and morning walk and back in time for room service to arrive at 730😀

Wow, I beat you up today! 4:30 am. We had a strong ⛈️ thunderstorm roll through..... I went back to bed.  😆 And never even thought of taking a pic!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you think she might want to demolish the house and rebuild a bigger one?

Not in the plans,

That house is 2 miles from where we currently live, and I drive by it on my way to the grocery store.

So far:

Amish have re done the roof.  (It was only 5 years old and actually in good condition),  but a different type of shingle.

Ripped out all the over grown landscaping.

Preparing to put new Vinyl siding on the house.

Demolished a left over RV  (Made the one in Christmas vacation look like a mansion).

New mulch delivered.

Yup were creepers, not stopping by just checking it out as we drive by.

So far, waiting on the out garage that collapsed in a snow storm to be removed.

Take care

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Not in the plans,

That house is 2 miles from where we currently live, and I drive by it on my way to the grocery store.

So far:

Amish have re done the roof.  (It was only 5 years old and actually in good condition),  but a different type of shingle.

Demolished a left over RV  (Made the one in Christmas vacation look like a mansion).

New mulch delivered.

Take care

If they liked the floor plan then I am sure they will just remodel to their taste and be very happy in the home.  We saw our house floor plans online which is why we bought the house before even seeing it in person.  I knew that I could update/change anything inside or out.  So far, we took out a huge tub in the master bath and replaced it with a huge shower.  We put up a nice backsplash in the kitchen along with new counter tops.  We put cabinets in the utility room and upgraded the sink in there.  We have also replaced the furnace/air conditioner, pumped the septic and painted most of the rooms.  Of course my husband has built a large building and put up a metal shed that was already here but in pieces.  The only major project left is to clean, reorganize and paint the garage.

• Like 6

I know we have old sayings that ". . . .there is a first for everything. . . ."

But just a few minutes ago I went to look for this thread and guys it was on the second page of RCI.

WOW

We must be busy, busy, busy on this holiday weekend.

Hope we go back to our favorite home being page one and stay there.

Take care

Andrew and Lisa

Best of luck to Owen in the tournament.

Being across from Sandusky, you are just a mere hop skip and a jump from here, guessing under        100 miles.

Be safe

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

IMG_20220903_162226.jpg

IMG_20220903_162306.jpg

It looks good.  Was it?

A couple days ago I made a pizza topped with fajita meat for the 1st time.  Taste pretty good.

image.thumb.png.723e0f9db4572c5a88f994c472dd74a1.png

The family is coming over to watch the football game.  Sharon is making curry for lunch and I am thinking jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon to snack on during the game.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It looks good.  Was it?

A couple days ago I made a pizza topped with fajita meat for the 1st time.  Taste pretty good.

image.thumb.png.723e0f9db4572c5a88f994c472dd74a1.png

The family is coming over to watch the football game.  Sharon is making curry for lunch and I am thinking jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon to snack on during the game.

I will be right over!😁

• Like 2

I have the desserts....Here are the Apple Pies, taste test later tonight...

My Wife Donna made the Dutch Apple with the Crumb Topping and mine is the Pie covered with Crust.

Jim's Apple Pie

20220903_114245.jpg

Homemade Pie Crust

20220903_114708.jpg

20220903_114748.jpg

After the Egg Wash

20220903_115148.jpg

Pie Shield for the Crust Edges

20220903_115535.jpg

Just out of the Oven

20220903_130337.jpg

Donna's Dutch Apple before the Crumb Topping

20220903_124524.jpg

Ready for the Oven

20220903_124813.jpg

Both Pies Cooling

20220903_134655.jpg

This is what happens after a couple shots of Vodka,  Playing Grab Ass  🙂 Whoever heard of putting Vodka in Homemade Pie Crust right? Works for me 🙂

20220903_125219.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4

Wishing all here an enjoyable Labor Day  weekend!

For those who do not have this holiday on their calendars,wishing you an enjoyable weekend too!

We are going to a concert by a Beatles tribute band - Liverpool Shuffle- at our local beach/ park. It will be a great evening weather wise for the concert.

Posting this to boost Dani’s thread to the first page. Hope it helps !

@JimboThose pies look delicious. I think you will have a tie !

Interested in the vodka crust . I have always followed the recipe that Lionesss-Sue posted using Crisco and ice water. 

If you are pleased with the vodka recipe,could you post it ?

Cheers!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Wishing all here an enjoyable Labor Day  weekend!

For those who do not have this holiday on their calendars,wishing you an enjoyable weekend too!

We are going to a concert by a Beatles tribute band - Liverpool Shuffle- at our local beach/ park. It will be a great evening weather wise for the concert.

Posting this to boost Dani’s thread to the first page. Hope it helps !

@JimboThose pies look delicious. I think you will have a tie !

Interested in the vodka crust . I have always followed the recipe that Lionesss-Sue posted using Crisco and ice water. 

If you are pleased with the vodka recipe,could you post it ?

Cheers!

MJ🙋🏻

Enjoy the concert,MJ.I have heard the Liverpool Shuffle several times in outdoor concerts.They also have played at a well known venue that one of my friends band plays in .I knew the owner of the club many,many years ago.You probably know who I am referring to.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@Sea Dog How are you today?

Much better thank you for asking. Yesterday I slept most of day. I monitored my blood pressure and it was good all day. I think I am going to chalk this up as overexertion and dehydration. I drank more water and gulped down some gatorade and felt more with it. I just think I have been pushing myself too much, plus lack of sleep, not enough water and exercising too much. I'm glad it's not covid. I do need to keep an eye on my blood pressure numbers as I have lost a lot of weight and my meds may need to be adjusted and hopefully some day get off them. Thank you for caring.

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Not in the plans,

So far:

New mulch delivered.

Take care

I'll admit that I'm a creeper. Our daughter lives in the town that I grew up in and on one of our visits we drove by my childhood home. Construction was happening so I jumped out of the car to see what was going on. Flippers had just bought it and were happy to show me. My parents sold it in 1980 and the buyers had just died. Nothing had been updated in 40 years. It brought back a lot of memories seeing the avocado green kitchen and the fuzzy wallpaper in my parents bathroom. I took a piece off the wall. It was sold and turned into an Airbnb. 2000 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom that sleeps 16. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I’m an early riser like you Debbie, while Andy would sleep until noon if I let him.  Your balcony room service breakfast looks amazing!  Looks like you’ve had good weather. 

@A&L_Ont good luck to Owen and his team!

@grapau27Graham, those pizzas look absolutely delicious, as does @Ozark_Kid’s

@Jimbo I declare a tie in the pie bake-off.  I’m also curious to hear your thoughts on the vodka pie crust.  

My septic story.  When we sold our previous house in 2017, the buyers inspector declared that the septic system was failing and needed to be replaced.  We found this hard to believe as we’d had no issues and the house was only 12 years old.  We had a septic guy come out to look things over (he was recommended by a friend) and he found that the pvc pipe coming from the house to the septic tank was nearly crushed.  According to him, this happens a lot when homes are built, they install the system, then back fill and rocks/stones in the fill eventually compress the pipe. He dug it up, replaced it and voilà, the system passed re-inspection with flying colors. Cost to us $300.  Needless to say, he is now our “septic guy”.  The house we’re in now has a 40+ year old septic & leaching field.  Septic Guy says the tank won’t fail as it’s concrete, if anything we may need a new leaching field someday.  
Busy packing, we fly out at 7am tomorrow, back to Disney with middle DD and her family.  Staying at Bay Lake Tower this time, a first for us.  I’ll try to keep up while we’re away. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1