Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Caden just came over with something cool he just discovered..... The sports section of the Sunday news paper!  His other grandma let him have it.  He is pointing things out to me like... look Gpa, the story starts on the first page then goes to C7.  Why not put the whole story on one page..... Look, this picture is in color and these are not.  He is being real careful with it so he can save it.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I remember when Krispy Kreme came to the Vancouver area back in early 2000.  I told my wife when I first heard about it that it wasn't going to make it.  They opened to much fanfare.  The franchisee did a big interview on a local news talk radio station.  He talked about his plan to open 17 more stores and that he expected the brand to dominate Tim Hortons eventually.  I remember the radio interview like it was yesterday because, while driving alone listening, I actually laughed out loud.

It was a strange location to begin the Canadian domination of Tim Hortons.  It is a free standing pad in a strip mall on the North Surrey/Delta border.  For those that might be familiar with the area it is heavily dominated by folks from the Sikh community. The store itself was directly across the street from the big Guru Nanak Temple and half a block away from a Tim Hortons.  

Upon opening I went and waited in the massive line like many others for my taste of America.  My wife commented to me that it looked like I was wrong.  It was so busy it was sure to be a success.  I told her "wait for it". 

Sure enough, within two weeks the crowds were gone and within a few months it was a ghost town most of the time.  There was never a second store opened in Metro Vancouver let alone the 17 that franchisee predicted.  The Tim Hortons down the road  never slowed down and was as busy as ever.

That Krispy Kreme, surprisingly, is still there to this day.  However, it is never busy and must just be barely surviving.  That was just such a weird location with a demographic that simply was never going to fit market that Krispy Kreme targets.

They tried to make a go if it here in RI a few years back, but just couldn’t compete with Dunkin Donuts. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I usually don’t fall for the “let’s take your photo” but it wasn’t that bad for $12 for this camera shy dog.

0CA65677-BF7C-4E59-80EE-C2B07FC4EF31.thumb.jpeg.45275383c19e298fd34a9cf208fe5132.jpeg

Really nice picture Greg. Looks like you had a great day there. Can’t wait for your review (but also don’t want to wish your cruise away)!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can't remember the last time I ate a donut. I'd much rather have a cheeseburger.

I feel the same.  

How do you all rack up three pages since I checked this morning. All y'all <---- (how do you like that).... need to go to work.😯😇😊

You have it backwards OB. Y’all need to retire so you can keep up 😉!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Typically what ever the color is at 4 months is what they are going to be. But if you would like to supply the eye color of the parents and grandparents I'd be happy to supply the genetic probabilities and possibilities. Include great grandparents for improved accuracy.😊

Parents - Mom blue, Dad brown.  Grandparents mom's side, blue both seem to be turning hazel.   Dad's mom, blue? .  Grandparents mom side.  Blue. 

I'm not a doctor but the math in me is guessing....... blue.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am hoping Survivor doesn't try to run me off the first couple shows. Nice to record so I can fast forward when needed.

I'm with you on this!  Hoping we all can watch the entire Season, without being turned off, in which case, we turn it off.  (see what I did here?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We didn’t get the nasty weather Sue was talking about this morning.  

It was nice enough that some had their convertibles out.  This is one of those “green” vehicles with only one horsepower. 

12BAECD2-D89A-4753-9EFD-742AFBDCB39C.thumb.jpeg.21a84fce51d81fb6294e152adc329e4b.jpeg

We also made a run across the border for a gas fill up.  $2.99 a gallon in Ohio now, compared to $3.95 here in PA. 

We dropped to $3.73 gal here in PA.   I would love to see $2.99😀

I wonder how much does it cost to feed a horse?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am hoping Survivor doesn't try to run me off the first couple shows. Nice to record so I can fast forward when needed.

I record all my shows.  I Hate commercials!!  (lol this from someone who worked many years in advertising)

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Parents - Mom blue, Dad brown.  Grandparents mom's side, blue both seem to be turning hazel.   Dad's mom, blue? .  Grandparents mom side.  Blue. 

I'm not a doctor but the math in me is guessing....... blue.

Mom can only transmit blue genes. If dad's mom truely has blue eyes 50% chance baby will have blue eyes as father has to have a recessive blue gene. If dad's mom has brown eyes it would depend on whether or not dad managed to inherit a recessive blue gene or not from his mother or father. If he did baby gas a 25% chance of blue eyes. If dad doesn't have a recessive blue baby has pretty much a zero chance.

I had to trace back to grandparents on my mother's side and great grandparents on my father's side to to figure out how I got blue eyes. Neither of my parents have blue eyes.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I paid $3.39/gal @ Mobile today. It's usually the same as Costco, maybe lower. 

I couldn't believe the amount of cars there that needed to gas up at the same time, 12:30 today.  
A block away was $3.61 at Sunoco, who I always went to.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ya, time flies and seems to speed up the older I get.  Her eyes are rarely open but she is smiling more each day.  Her eye color doesn't look established to me but then again I rarely see them.  A couple days before the above pics were taken she visited Kenzie's house where Kenzie set up a photo shoot.

image.thumb.png.cbc515a64b3eca18bac6e855f2eef8c7.png

image.thumb.png.e459fd98df462738f605eb2a12b0713e.png

Finnley said, Kenzie you don't need too many flowers...

image.thumb.png.620e6709314681bb85aeff4402474c8e.png

K, ... is this to many?  F, .... well, mmmmm.......

image.thumb.png.a27ecdfb2994ae87155bf95fec13010d.png

K, ... could you open your eyes?  F, ... seriously!

image.thumb.png.e403b3787ff12bca6ce27c5ffb6ebe1d.png

F, ... Really Kenzie, this is taking to long.....

image.thumb.png.503e3a0b30693a1056b188a3f8797655.png

image.thumb.png.671447a06752115e19e7b971be8f6d3d.png

K, ... nice, quick,  get the pic!

image.thumb.png.84c06a321816d56609a3cf9a6cfdbe2c.png

I love your narrations.   Priceless😀   Kenzie did a great job with the photo shoot😁   all the expressions Finnley is making are so cute.  She's going to have a great personality.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's back over $5 for gas and $6 for diesel here in Central CA.  A couple of weeks ago I got $4.68 for gas and $5.79 for diesel.  I've almost got DW convinced that we should buy elsewhere. 🙂 

I'm heading to LA for a couple of months on Saturday.  I expect it to be worse down there. 😞 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Typically what ever the color is at 4 months is what they are going to be. But if you would like to supply the eye color of the parents and grandparents I'd be happy to supply the genetic probabilities and possibilities. Include great grandparents for improved accuracy.😊

Here's one for you.

I am blue, Eric is bright blue, my Dad was Blue, my Mom light green/Hazel. Her Mom light brown, hazelish.

Eric's Dad blue and his Mom green/hazel.

Why does my oldest son have dark brown eyes?

Youngest has blue

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It's back over $5 for gas and $6 for diesel here in Central CA.  A couple of weeks ago I got $4.68 for gas and $5.79 for diesel.  I've almost got DW convinced that we should buy elsewhere. 🙂 

I'm heading to LA for a couple of months on Saturday.  I expect it to be worse down there. 😞 

☹️. I don't like hearing it is going back up again...ugggh

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Woo-hoo! It was only $5.18 a gallon when I filled up a few days ago. The diesel being higher than gas is odd, but Bill said something about it being renewable. Stupid California regulations. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3