Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

To All our friends on this thread who live in Florida, please post your plans as to what you are doing to get ready for this upcoming "Hurricane Ian".

Suppose to a powerful slow moving storm.

140 mph winds on Wednesday Morning.😲

Tampa Residents,. Mandatory Evacuation in place right now.

Our Aunt and Uncle live in Sarasota, their plans are going to stay in a hotel in Port St. Lucie which is on the east coast and ride it out there.

Whatever you do , please be smart and stay safe.

We have good friends of ours that just bought a new home outside of Clearwater, FL (Pinellas County) which I think is under evacuations order.   I tried calling and texting them today but no response.    I guarantee you she is panicking.    We saw them for a going away / moving party end of August and the one thing she said was "better not be any hurricanes this year" and her Husband kept telling her not to worry.    

Stay Safe Everyone.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

So it figures we’d move to FL and get projected for one of the worst storms here in history 🤣 Alsooo that it’s named after my cousin 🤣🤷‍♀️

we’re quite busy but here’s a few updates 

patio furniture moved inside and important documents moved up from the basement 

D5DE04AB-2C22-4C13-9D3C-A17A8312572D.thumb.jpeg.af9d248cc08e8348924f5ce62cb549b3.jpeg

i also have a video of everything we’ve done to protect the cars and basement but wasn’t sure to put that on here as I don’t want to offend anyone or give away our secrets 🤣 so I’ll do some random pics later

We’re taking one of the cars inland tomorrow morning and will keep Nate’s truck here ( a diesel and it’s lifted)

IMG_8295.MOV 36.4 MB · 3 downloads  

My new job is being very gracious to its Tampa employees and we are to record our time as usual even if our power/wifi goes out.

That is ridiculous they delivered the plywood and just left it sit there --ugghh!    People or businesses that want to board up could probably use that wood.

Stay safe🤞

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Also, in an unrelated but timely event, Nate happened to sell the most important car last week so it is no longer our worry

9D8C0F8F-B768-4B69-A65C-BBF7E01751C8.thumb.jpeg.6e83f8cc9d0916cdff86297ba4676fb1.jpeg

this is the car we’re taking inland

B3A2BD9A-3C06-4499-86E7-0D38092978DC.thumb.jpeg.9cb5bcb09a47590685395fb3e5f0bbe2.jpeg

left in the garage will be my car (pushed as far in as I can get it), my neighbor’s golf cart (they live across from us directly on the water and we’re about 2’ higher than them), and my uncle’s side by side which is already up on a trailer.

That had to be a very sad day.     Is that a maseratti that will be going inland tomorrow?   May want to get an extra early start as I suspect the traffic will be horrible with lots of people heading inland or to east coast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 I saw this pop up in notifications.  When I opened it up I first saw the ribs and thought what??? 😂. Then saw the Disney car.  😂.  She would love it.  Yesterday while leaving church I asked Kenzie where the car was at.   She grabbed my figure and walked me to the car.

I have a lot to catch up on.   Been busy here.  Kenzie has another new cousin.  RJ.  
I got to run again…. More later.
image.thumb.jpeg.a127dd2969a4c608e1a0059c65970d47.jpeg

We are now Great Grandparents .

It’s been awhile but you may remember my oldest daughter has taken in few few guys over the years from Rwanda while they attended college.  A few have become close. Two became like family so much that they have been 

Beautiful baby😀    Welcome RJ!   

You and Sharon are way too young to be Great Grandparents or you are just Great at it😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I really need to check in here every day! There have been thousands of posts in between the last time I posted, and now!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good summer.

I cheated on Royal in late June and sailed NCL for my first cruise back since Covid started....It was incredible to be back on a ship, but I missed Royal a lot.....so.....I am headed on a B2B on Explorer out of Miami, leaving on November 6th 😀 Really looking forward to 14 nights onboard.

For the first time, I placed bids on higher cabin categories (I am sailing solo so I really need the extra space of a GS lol)  I am currently in a balcony (unfortunately not the same one, but a few cabins apart) for both weeks. Wondering if anyone on here has ever won their bid? I am absolutely fine in my balcony, but the waiting game gives me something to do for the next 40 sleeps before I board!

Thinking of doing a LIVE report....you know, for old times sake, and also because I need the navigational expertise of @oceanboy to ensure I know where I am at all times 😂

I’d love to see you do a LIVE.  I’m sure OB will be there as your human GPS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

To All our friends on this thread who live in Florida, please post your plans as to what you are doing to get ready for this upcoming "Hurricane Ian".

Suppose to a powerful slow moving storm.

140 mph winds on Wednesday Morning.😲

Tampa Residents,. Mandatory Evacuation in place right now.

Our Aunt and Uncle live in Sarasota, their plans are going to stay in a hotel in Port St. Lucie which is on the east coast and ride it out there.

Whatever you do , please be smart and stay safe.

We’re going inland…all the way to Vancouver. Seriously, we live in a moderate flood risk area and our home sits a few feet above the flood zone. We should be OK. Hoping no one else

sees any significant damage. 

patio furniture moved inside and important documents moved up from the basement 

Basement?  In Florida???

• Like 3

Also, in an unrelated but timely event, Nate happened to sell the most important car last week so it is no longer our worry

9D8C0F8F-B768-4B69-A65C-BBF7E01751C8.thumb.jpeg.6e83f8cc9d0916cdff86297ba4676fb1.jpeg

this is the car we’re taking inland

B3A2BD9A-3C06-4499-86E7-0D38092978DC.thumb.jpeg.9cb5bcb09a47590685395fb3e5f0bbe2.jpeg

left in the garage will be my car (pushed as far in as I can get it), my neighbor’s golf cart (they live across from us directly on the water and we’re about 2’ higher than them), and my uncle’s side by side which is already up on a trailer.

So sorry you and fellow Floridians are having to go through this. 

Wow!  What a lovely house/neighborhood you live in!  And the cars……😊

if you can, please keep us posted.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We’re going inland…all the way to Vancouver. Seriously, we live in a moderate flood risk area and our home sits a few feet above the flood zone. We should be OK. Hoping no one else

sees any significant damage. 

Basement?  In Florida???

If this is the worst storm in the last 100 years, doesn't that mean it might be higher than the previous flood zone heights?

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If this is the worst storm in the last 100 years, doesn't that mean it might be higher than the previous flood zone heights?

Bob's home is on the east coast, close to Jacksonville, not where the hurricane is.

• Like 2

Praying for all my FL friends safety.  As much I would love living in Florida it is times like these that will keep me out west.  

We decided to escape the heat today and headed up the mountain to Lake Arrowhead for lunch.  

It was gorgeous and 15° cooler up there.

IMG_2480.thumb.jpeg.23f12556f7637c8f43a9278888bdfb42.jpeg

IMG_2483.thumb.jpeg.c9cbf352484b9104b597161facd3d877.jpeg

IMG_2489.thumb.jpeg.498407763fc9ac1f11e5c71faedf1198.jpeg

There's a cute little village and some really neat but expensive shops.  Heading to Longhorns for dinner back down in Rancho Cucamonga. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 21

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The Disney car lasted about an hour at the curb, before someone snapped it up.  

Our granddaughter had a lot of fun with it for a few years.  I saw a couple smaller ones that people had put out, and those disappeared pretty quick too. 

I just remembered that Kenzie's sister had one a couple years ago at her other grandparents house.  Caden had an Escalade.  I need to ask my DD if it is still around.

• Like 4

My Prayers and concern goes out to all the people living in Florida who have to be safe from the soon to be arriving   Hurricane that is impacting where they live.

Now mind you we do not live in Florida but we did experience Hurricane Charlie on that August Friday the 13th.  

We were at Disney at the Wilderness Lodge in one of the suites that face either  Bay Lake or Seven Seas,(cannot remember which is which on those lakes).  Water is water to me.

Our daughter was in the cubs den.

And my DH and me were first in line at Artist Point to be seated to celebrate our anniversary dinner.

When what to my surprise all of a sudden the National guard arrived and with them were guest from the campgrounds.

The immediately closed the line no more seating.

My DH went to get our daughter and he quickly returned.

I spoke with the manager, and said I understand for safety you must close, but do you have something that I can give to my daughter to eat.  My husband and I will be ok.

He goes ......................go quickly to the buffet  Be quick and gave us 6 carry out containers and 3 sets of silverware.

We separated I got the salad and rolls in one container and a ton of pasta and meatballs in another as well as   containers of milk in my purse.

My husband got the potatoes, crab and shrimp as well as rolls and butter

Out DD asked what she should get..............I go get chicken and meat

God love her ..............she got 6 prime filets and 4 large chicken breast.

We were told to immediately go to our rooms.

On the way out the bar was ready to close and my DH asked me if I wanted anything...........

Not taking any time to think I got a double rum, with coke.

I wanted to not show fear to the DD, and calm my nerves.

When we got back to our room there was an emergency pack outside our door.

First aid kit and a flash light.

We split the food and shared it with the room next to us, and they were very greatful.  Of course they had to eat with their fingers, we only got silver ware for us.

The next thing you know the National guard was pounding at our door.

Bring all your prescription drugs and emergency kit--nothing else we are evacuating you to the tunnels at Magic Kingdom  the storm is headed our way...MOVE MOVE we have not time. DD grabbed her stuffed animal and I got our meds.

So as we raced up the hallways, his walky talkie went off, and he was told find a safe location, no time to transport.

We ended up in a stairwell on the lowest floor with a couple other families.

We opened the emergency door and witnessed the side ways rain.

It was an experience.

I cannot remember how long we were in that stairwell, but the sound, yes one I will never forget.

Be safe all Floridians!!!!!! 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 I saw this pop up in notifications.  When I opened it up I first saw the ribs and thought what??? 😂. Then saw the Disney car.  😂.  She would love it.  Yesterday while leaving church I asked Kenzie where the car was at.   She grabbed my figure and walked me to the car.

I have a lot to catch up on.   Been busy here.  Kenzie has another new cousin.  RJ.  

It’s been awhile but you may remember my oldest daughter has taken in few few guys over the years from Rwanda while they attended college.  A few have become close. Two became like family so much that they have been 

Congratulations 👣🎉

For all our friends in Florida please be safe.  We are watching closely, hoping Ian peters out before getting to the coast.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful baby😀    Welcome RJ!   

You and Sharon are way too young to be Great Grandparents or you are just Great at it😁

Thanks!  Hard to believe my daughter if a grandma. 

We have been on the go a lot.  I noticed I never finished the post.  I started it, then realized we needed to hit the gym before Caden's game.   We came back to the house just for a minute.   That when I posted.   

As I was saying., a couple of the guys became very close.  The dad of RJ vacations with us and comes to many family get togethers.  A few months ago he was visiting an announced that we were going to be grandparents. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Praying for all my FL friends safety.  As much I would love living in Florida it is times like these that will keep me out west.  

We decided to escape the heat today and headed up the mountain to Lake Arrowhead for lunch.  

There's a cute little village and some really neat but expensive shops.  Heading to Longhorns for dinner back down in Rancho Cucamonga. 

Thought the same thing when we moved from NJ 2 years ago. Always thought we would be moving to Florida. The more and more we thought about it just couldn't pull the trigger, between the hurricanes and the heat just thought more and more it wasn't it for us

Very happy though with our move to Southwest Virginia. Very nice here, we made the right move for us..  🙂

• Like 6

10 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

.I am headed on a B2B on Explorer out of Miami, leaving on November 6th 😀 Really looking forward to 14 nights onboard.

For the first time, I placed bids on higher cabin categories (I am sailing solo so I really need the extra space of a GS lol)  I am currently in a balcony (unfortunately not the same one, but a few cabins apart) for both weeks. Wondering if anyone on here has ever won their bid? I am absolutely fine in my balcony, but the waiting game gives me something to do for the next 40 sleeps before I board!

We won a bid an amazing 7 weeks in advance of our 8/18 sailing on Adventure.   We went from a JS to an OS with just a middle-of-the-ground bid.   We were notified just a couple of days after we placed our bid!     Hope you are successful and have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was born in FL and have lived here most of my life with 5 years in CA. In October of 1989 I was home alone with our 4 week old son when the earthquake hit during the World Series. I was terrified as everything fell out of the cabinets and later on seeing the destruction. I guess it depends what you are used to because I couldn't understand when people say they would rather be in an earthquake than a hurricane. At least we have notice and can leave.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I cheated on Royal in late June and sailed NCL for my first cruise back since Covid started....It was incredible to be back on a ship, but I missed Royal a lot.....so.....I am headed on a B2B on Explorer out of Miami, leaving on November 6th 😀 Really looking forward to 14 nights onboard.

I'll try to keep her in one piece for you... she may have recovered from my B4B in October by then!

Assuming, of course, that I can still fly to MIA on Friday to get on her....

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Question about disembarking on our cruise.  In the past, Jim and I have either driven to the Port, or had arrived with a group by bus.  Since our daughter will be picking us up, what time do you think would be the best time for us to get off the ship...would it be much less chaotic the later we disembark?  Or, do you think the passengers will be arriving for their cruise pretty much after we disembark, adding to the traffic?  Thoughts???  Alas, it's probably going to be chaotic no matter the time...sigh...

Not sure what port you're looking at, but for MIA or FLL, I'd plan on a 9:30 pickup.  Most of the mayhem seems to be from 7-9, with everyone hustling to get to the airport.  And with the earliest "arrival times" being 10:30, hopefully the next group of passengers won't be arriving yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

We won a bid an amazing 7 weeks in advance of our 8/18 sailing on Adventure.   We went from a JS to an OS with just a middle-of-the-ground bid.   We were notified just a couple of days after we placed our bid!     Hope you are successful and have a wonderful cruise.

Not lots of perks but you will love your OS , only problem with suites is you never want to go back to regular cabins, at least we didn’t.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'll try to keep her in one piece for you... she may have recovered from my B4B in October by then!

Assuming, of course, that I can still fly to MIA on Friday to get on her....

Hoping you get to MIA this Friday!

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not sure what port you're looking at, but for MIA or FLL, I'd plan on a 9:30 pickup.  Most of the mayhem seems to be from 7-9, with everyone hustling to get to the airport.  And with the earliest "arrival times" being 10:30, hopefully the next group of passengers won't be arriving yet. 

Thank you!  We're sailing out of Cape Liberty in NJ.  9:30 it is!!🥰

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congratulations. Beautiful!

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

oh yes, it was a very hard decision for him…and very hard for him to do.

big dreams in the future, tho.

I vote for a Bugatti Chiron.

https://www.bugatti-broward.com/bugatti-model-comparisons/lamborghini-aventador-vs-bugatti-chiron/#:~:text=With a record-breaking top,fastest supercar in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

Oh wow - 7 weeks in advance of your cruise? I just found out that the RoyalUp program is handled by a 3rd party, so there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how upgrades are awarded. Curious, were you notified by email or you just saw a new cabin # on your reservation?

• Like 1