Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was definitely a plus.  Last time I went was for kidney stones and they kept me waiting over 5 hours until they even let me into the ER and then it was more of a wait to see a Dr.  Crazy, especially since I was in for the same thing a week prior.

Kidney stone pain is awful.  I know from experience. Sorry you had to wait so long.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The hospital 4 miles away has a miserable ER. I once left after 5 hours on a gurney against the wall by the door where Rescue brought people in. I had to sign an AMA form and then walk to the restroom in a hospital gown and carrying the bag with my street clothes. I mooned an awful lot of people.

All of my doctors are attached to that hospital, and luckily, if you actually get admitted, the care is very good. 

I had a bad experience in my local NY hospital years ago,   I kept puking so Jack drove me to the ER. where I had to sit in the waiting room in pain and continuing to puke.  I went to the ladies room and stayed there for quite a while.  Jack told me he was going to tell the ER waiting room clerk that he was leaving but hid outside waiting to see what would happen.  As soon as he walked out the door, they came and got me to settle me into one of the ER cubicles.  Jack then returned.  Maybe they take more time to get you help if you come in with someone as opposed to coming in alone.  The NY hospital we went to was not a busy one in the city, but one in the suburbs.

In all the instances Jack and I had to unfortunately visit a TX hospital ER, we never once had to sit in a waiting room before being seen.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Ah! When I was in Canberra, we were told how it was decided to make Canberra the capital.

Then there was a competition to choose the architect to design the government buildings. 
A Chicago architect, Walter Burley Griffin was chosen. 
Canberra was lovely, with blooming wattle trees blooming along the road in front of the embassies. 
I loved the Australian War Museum, and spent a very long time looking at the Gallipoli exhibit. 
35 year old memories, so correct any of them that have evolved in my mind over the years!

You have an excellent memory and yes the Wattle is stunning in Canberra in Spring.  We didn’t get to the Australian War Memorial this visit but it is highly regarded. 

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

The latest prediction on Ian has it tracking farther to the west, which has been the trend. Here in south Florida, we are now out of the cone of uncertainty. PC is still on the edge, but  if it continues the trend, it could become clear also.

It looks like any western cruise routes may be affected.

We are still on the edge of the cone and a few of the spaghetti models are going over us but it still has plenty of time to keep shifting west. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Frank told me that he played for the Yankees in parts of 1967 to 1972 and he was in the outfield with Mantle.

What else do you believe that I posted that was not correct ?

According to baseball stats your friend had 5 at bats in 1967 and didn’t play in 1968, Mantle didn’t play outfield in 1967, so according to stats it didn’t happen . Mantle last year was 1968 . 

• Like 3

Well it has finally happened. 

I must now take the time to share with you some upsetting changes that only affects me. 

I realized a long time ago that one day it would happen. 

Everyday that passed was a new fresh day. 

But that has now changed. 

I have been reflecting upon the recent news and have taken the time to think about the impact it has. 

Today, as I was making lunch it occurred. 

I could not believe it. 

When the spouse told me about it.  I was shocked. But tried to hide my disbelief. 

He meant well. 

But I know he does not realize the modifications I must make. 

Okay. 

Guys my spouse rejoined Cruise Critic!

What does it mean? 

No more spouse stories. 

No more spouse bashing. 

Only stories about how he is the most talented, mechanically, and Jack of all trades husband  a great wife could only ask for.  

This has clipped my wings. 

So when we meet you can share how much I praise his hidden talents. 

After 31 years of marriage I am thankful for him everyday. 

I am so glad he asked me to spend his life with me. 

Anyone who can tolerate my moodiness and at times obsessive behavior deserves more than medals. He earned his spot in my heart long time ago. 

PS. I will bash more the week Joint Commission does an on site visit. He will be to busy to visit CC. 

Take care. 
Be safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately they remove all of the zero charges and there is no way (that I know of) to get the full statement that you see on the app.  Even when they print them on the ship they only show actual charges.

Maybe screenshot the app statement when on board.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Maybe screenshot the app statement when on board.

I tried that but when I scroll down to get more info it overlaps my previous screen shot. I have to figure out a way to screen shot and crop so that I don’t have reoccurring charges, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I tried that but when I scroll down to get more info it overlaps my previous screen shot. I have to figure out a way to screen shot and crop so that I don’t have reoccurring charges, if that makes sense.

Our charges on Anthem September 4-11 showed on our interactive TV including our zero charge D+ drinks.

Maybe take a photo of the cabin TV screen.

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Go old school.  Print your screenshots and then line them up and back out duplicates 

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Going back in the Miami airport was a nightmare. First there was shift change and they took forever to change out agents. Then our line TSA Pre-Check was funneled into the regular line of folks for the x-ray machines. I had to go through the standing arms above your head scanner because of my knee replacement. I even had to take off my shoes. It was a joke. I hate that airport. You walk for miles to get your luggage. More about that in my review. It seemed like the people that had "Clear" moved along faster than anyone else. We even joked with other passengers what's the point of having TSA Pre if you get bunched with everyone else.

Well it sounds like it hasn't improved.   That place really needs a makeover.  If I remember correctly they gave us a TSA card before they blended us in but I don't remember it meaning much.  With the cancelation,  we got to experience the Miami TSA line twice. I would enjoy cruising out of Miami again but not because of the airport. 

• Like 2

Pretty full day for us yesterday.  We went to our daughter’s house early, to help set things up for the football themed party for our grandson.  Although his birthday was last Thursday, the party was yesterday. 

He had a morning football game, and he did outstanding.  He has quite an arm, and is accurate.  18 completions on 21 tries, but one interception.  His nicest was a 35 yard completion to the end zone as time expired.  They won 30-14.  He was especially happy, because they were playing the top team.  That, plus he is playing in the next age division up from where he should be, so a lot of older and bigger kids. 

His team is kind of a Bad News Bears team made up of kids that didn’t get picked for the other teams.  Now, they are the team to beat, since they are undefeated. He is having a lot of fun, as are his team mates.  

More on the party later. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully this will be the last update for tonight.  

Literally in less than 10 minutes since I talked to Vikki things changed again and she's on her way back to her parents place.

The CT scan came back.  What they initially thought was bone protrusion was nothing more than cuts and scrapes from her fall.  Sending her home and told her to see the fracture clinic at home on Monday.  No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

So sorry this happened but glad she won’t need surgery.  Here’s hoping it heals quickly.  

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t like how he posts his photos with no spaces between them. As a live reviewer it drives me nuts. 

I agree, looking at his photos gives me a headache. 

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen update. Friday night their football team won 15-0. The opposition didn’t even get a first down. Owen punted a few times and got a point after touchdown.

He unfortunately didn’t made the rep hockey team. They only took 2 first year players and cut 6 this round that were trying out. They cut 6 from the previous round as well. The one was the obvious selection and should be there. The other kid who is smaller but always makes the team for years. His dad is an executive on the board. 🤷‍♂️  Owen was happy he made it as far as he did and is looking forward to playing with his teammates who didn’t try out as well as those that did not make the team.

As for today, we are laying low at home and Owen has baseball tryouts at 10 AM for next year.

Too bad he didn’t make the team but he certainly has a great outlook on it.  

• Like 2

We spent the weekend in Portland Maine with Andy’s best friend & his fiancé.  Portland is such a fun, funky little town.  There were two cruise ships in port yesterday, Celebrity Summit which we could see from our hotel, and an NCL ship.  The port area was packed.  We ended getting a quick lunch, NE clam chowder & cocktails standing at an outdoor bar area. On our way home now, giving me time to catch up here before I head over to start @Sea Dog Greg’s much anticipated report.  39876EA9-1A44-4DF7-9A41-B5989BA51E12.thumb.jpeg.fe0f4a252a9e1eb20c1d5e6184068a83.jpeg

A3BEC667-45C6-4D22-8249-03781486AC6A.thumb.jpeg.ffdff02946b96e5c6b3041cb88c39ddc.jpeg

E3CFEBE8-39FA-4A8E-B12E-25703BE9B2C5.thumb.jpeg.06a79ca6b2b2382619cdd3202060236f.jpeg

• Like 14

After spending 3 days in the kitchen, DH churned out the usual "suspects" 😕 -- chicken soup, chopped liver, stuffed fish, and one novelty -- comfort food/stew.

Our next door neighbor gifted us a newly backed "challah" [Challah is a special bread of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, usually braided and typically eaten on ceremonial occasions such as Shabbat and major Jewish holidays. ]

image.thumb.jpeg.500362f3644882a9813df6d23c643da4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3c73da7b91a27768ce52585e5c330cc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.09a4e5f27d760c0600fd14c09a4f1258.jpeg

• Like 25

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

He had a morning football game, and he did outstanding.  He has quite an arm, and is accurate.  18 completions on 21 tries, but one interception.  His nicest was a 35 yard completion to the end zone as time expired.  They won 30-14.  He was especially happy, because they were playing the top team.  That, plus he is playing in the next age division up from where he should be, so a lot of older and bigger kids. 

Sounds like he hand an amazing day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

After spending 3 days in the kitchen, DH churned out the usual "suspects" 😕 -- chicken soup, chopped liver, stuffed fish, and one novelty -- comfort food/stew.

Our next door neighbor gifted us a newly backed "challah" [Challah is a special bread of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, usually braided and typically eaten on ceremonial occasions such as Shabbat and major Jewish holidays. ]

Dani your description and photos make me more than hungry.😋

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Kidney stone pain is awful.  I know from experience. Sorry you had to wait so long.

I had a bad experience in my local NY hospital years ago,   I kept puking so Jack drove me to the ER. where I had to sit in the waiting room in pain and continuing to puke.  I went to the ladies room and stayed there for quite a while.  Jack told me he was going to tell the ER waiting room clerk that he was leaving but hid outside waiting to see what would happen.  As soon as he walked out the door, they came and got me to settle me into one of the ER cubicles.  Jack then returned.  Maybe they take more time to get you help if you come in with someone as opposed to coming in alone.  The NY hospital we went to was not a busy one in the city, but one in the suburbs.

In all the instances Jack and I had to unfortunately visit a TX hospital ER, we never once had to sit in a waiting room before being seen.

If it's the hospital I'm thinking of,  that begins with the letter N, then it has always had a bad reputation as long as I can remember.  Bedside manners & patient comfort are definitely a low priority.  People told me they rather get treated in a back alley by a witch doctor (no offense to witches) than go to that hospital. It has been acquired by one of the bigger, well known NYC hospital chains a few years ago so perhaps things have improved since then?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

What else did I post that you feel is incorrect ?

I'm sure you are relaying the information as it was told to you but is it possible your friend might have "embellished" some of the stories he told you?  It does appear that he had minimal big league playing time in a year where Mantle did not play the outfield. Perhaps he tossed the ball back and forth with Mantle in pregame warmups or Spring Training games in the outfield. I'm sure he has plenty of clubhouse stories though.

I have a friend that had one chance encounter with David Cone at a charity event & the way she tells the story, they are the best of drinking buddies now.  They are not, I think she had one beer with him. She tends to tell a lot of tall tales.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1