Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I was growing up, we never went to the beach without two boards, burlap bags, a shovel and some stout rope. 
The soft sand farthest from the water gobbled up all four tires. 
Everybody came equipped, and everybody pitched in. 

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

As anyone who's ever been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows you step on the gas one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.... 

yeah and now that it’s out I’ve got a death rattle at 40 mph and above. Something got bent. Sitting at the shop now. 😪

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Captain Sandy was on Watch What Happens Live and claims she did not pick the beach.  Did she not say what a great spot when they saw it????

Just like it never entered Lee's mind that Brian could have an infection in his leg. They lie to cover their own screw ups but demand so much more of their crew. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

yeah and now that it’s out I’ve got a death rattle at 40 mph and above. Something got bent. Sitting at the shop now. 😪

Hopefully it’s just mud in one of the wheels and it just needs a wash out. I’ve had it happen with snow when doing donuts. When the snow melts the wobble is gone. Mud, dirt just needs a thorough rinse. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Most tyres have balance weights on the inside wheel rim.

Maybe these have come off causing the wheel judder/rattle.

Good luck.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I was growing up, we never went to the beach without two boards, burlap bags, a shovel and some stout rope. 
The soft sand farthest from the water gobbled up all four tires. 
Everybody came equipped, and everybody pitched in. 

Kinetic ropes/recovery straps are now all the rage. The days of shovelling, chain and regular rope are done.  You do need a friend with a capable 4X4 though. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Did something like that when I was Young and Stupid. Stuck in the snow, gunned the engine and spinning just one tire trying to get out........and I mean I tried gunning it for a long time. So when I finally  got out and things dried up and thawed out it was time for a new tire. I was spinning the tire so long I actually ran the tire  thread so uneven the car ran really bad.

So  now when I'm Old and Stupid I have learned to never do that again. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Captain Sandy was on Watch What Happens Live and claims she did not pick the beach.  Did she not say what a great spot when they saw it????

Yes, she did pick the beach.  She did, however, just see it from the boat..she never got off and actually looked at it.  Pretty crappy beach!  These guests are so obnoxious, they deserved it 🤨  Just sayin.....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No it doesn't, that Powerstroke engine is so heavy and there was no weight in back so no amount of effort was going to get me out last night. There was lots of cussing in the rain last night.  It didn't help.  SIL worked an overnight shift at the prison so he didn't get home until this morning and that is when we got unstuck.  I felt like I was in a country song.

I’ve never seen that; it’s great!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

To all our "Californians" under the weather -- 

@Coralc, Patti

@NHProud, Judy

@Tree_skier, Dave

@FromSea2ShiningSea, Helen

@harryfat1, Harry

Hopefully, you'll safely "weather" the weather 🌧️

It’s raining presently however it hasn’t been a problem here in Southern California except for flooded streets .  I’ve gone from waiting for my carpool ride to college in sub-zero temps in NH  to not going out because it might rain . I’m much older , now . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, she did pick the beach.  She did, however, just see it from the boat..she never got off and actually looked at it.  Pretty crappy beach!  These guests are so obnoxious, they deserved it 🤨  Just sayin.....

couldn't agree more!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe you've got mud in your tire. Damn, I love My Cousin Vinnie. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully it’s just mud in one of the wheels and it just needs a wash out. I’ve had it happen with snow when doing donuts. When the snow melts the wobble is gone. Mud, dirt just needs a thorough rinse. Fingers crossed for you. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Most tyres have balance weights on the inside wheel rim.

Maybe these have come off causing the wheel judder/rattle.

Good luck.

Cousin Vinnie and Andrew were right. So the final story is there is nothing wrong with the truck.  The shop said there was so much mud caked underneath that it unbalanced the steer tires.  This isn't just regular mud.  It is almost clay like.  Hence why driving didn't just cause it to fall off.  It was practically hardened like ceramic on the inside of the wheels.  I left the shop and went strait to a do it yourself carwash and started hosing out the inside of the wheels.  It took 20 minutes of pressure washing the inside of the wheels before that brown clay stopped running out of them and the water ran clear.  Lesson learned.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kinetic ropes/recovery straps are now all the rage. The days of shovelling, chain and regular rope are done.  You do need a friend with a capable 4X4 though. 

While we were doing our hillbilly best to get the truck out SIL said "we need to buy a kinetic rope". I'd never heard of it before.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like that.  It would work for me.  The tile pic, is that a Pic you took and then had printed on tile? 

It was not my picture.  I looked online for tile murals.  There were all kinds of designs to pick from.  You also picked the overall size and the number of tiles which decided the size of each tile.  It came with installation instructions that I gave to my tile guy.  Then he helped me pick the other tiles and border.  I think there was an option to use your own photo.  We had just moved and I wanted something beachy.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:30 AM, dani negreanu said:

…With our golden wedding anniversary "looming" in less than 2 weeks, as a "preventive" measure, we decided to tell the boys what we'd like as a gift....

Happy Anniversary.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, brillohead said:

…South Beach is the most isolated.  They were playing music when I was there a month or so ago, so it's not quiet like Chill Island.  There is a Snack Shack at South Beach, and restrooms and volleyball, but there is no buffet there.  It's a significant walk (or a tram ride) to the pool or buffet areas from South Beach.  

Is South Beach the one they have blocked off so others can’t go in there? I thought I read that on here somewhere.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, brillohead said:

It really is ridiculous how excited I am about this!  🤣

Have fun.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Oh Yeah, you blend.

One of my all time favorites movies.

Marisa Tomei graduated the same HS as my daughters and was the keynote speaker at one of the graduations.Afterward she mingled with the parents and family members.I had the opportunity to converse with her.

I also knew her father as we had the same Accountant.

• Like 5