Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

All of my music is now on a USB drive. I just plug it into the car. And if I need to add to it I just pull it out and stick it in my pocket to take it into the house. Though when in the car I mostly listen to The Coffee House on XM Radio. It has exposed me to many artists that I otherwise would never have known about. No Shoes Radio is my other XM go to station. 

Wife listens to “ the bridge” and 70’s station . We do a annual cruise with 70’s music stars , get to meet America, Michael McDonald, Todd Rundgren, Rita Coolidge and many more we sail in 60 days , while on board we book for the following year.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I thought about getting the new map card for ours, but I like the real time alerts from waze too much.  

XM Navigation works in conjunction with your car's navigation system and provides real time alerts too. 

• Like 1

Last night, we went to see the new Tom Hank’s movie, A Man Called Otto, on the big screen.  It has been a while since we have been to the theatre, and those ticket prices are up like everything else.  Even at senior prices, it was $25 for tickets, popcorn and pop.  I saw the prices for non-seniors, and those would run $40.

There were maybe 30 people in the theater for the movie.  It isn’t any wonder that some theatres are closing.  Hard to pay employees, building costs and rental fees when not many are going anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Wife listens to “ the bridge” and 70’s station . We do a annual cruise with 70’s music stars , get to meet America, Michael McDonald, Todd Rundgren, Rita Coolidge and many more we sail in 60 days , while on board we book for the following year.

I also do The Bridge during times when Coffee House and No Shoes are not offering something that I like. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, we went to see the new Tom Hank’s movie, A Man Called Otto, on the big screen.  It has been a while since we have been to the theatre, and those ticket prices are up like everything else.  Even at senior prices, it was $25 for tickets, popcorn and pop.  I saw the prices for non-seniors, and those would run $40.

There were maybe 30 people in the theater for the movie.  It isn’t any wonder that some theatres are closing.  Hard to pay employees, building costs and rental fees when not many are going anymore.

How was the movie? We go to movie studio grill, I get a margarita and wife gets a white wine , popcorn etc , I have been know to bring a flask of tequila to enhance my margarita.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, George C said:

How was the movie? We go to movie studio grill, I get a margarita and wife gets a white wine , popcorn etc , I have been know to bring a flask of tequila to enhance my margarita.

We enjoyed the movie, but we like most of those with Tom Hanks in them.  Not his best, but it had some entertaining parts.  Since it did have some scenes with suicide attempts, I would not recommend it to anyone sensitive to that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

My friend has taken out one of the silverware baskets but still isn't thrilled with it.  What did you replace it with?

We have a KitchenAid.  I am surprised that it is what I chose but I like how it loads.  It has 3 racks and I think I could get all the dishes in my cabinet in it at one time if I tried.  The silverware basket is narrow and on one side.  It is quiet.  It does take a long time to run a cycle but that is partially because I have the heated dry selected.  It does have an option for an express wash.  I run it mostly overnight so I don't need it to be fast.  We have had it for awhile now and I still like it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone!

I am still catching up where I left off on Jan 2, when we boarded the Anthem.  Then Started reading backwards, so sorry if I missed wishing any one for any ocassion or event or sympathy. Please don't take it wrongly. Hope everyone is well, happy and healthy and celebrating something.

Swooning over April's NJ kitchen pictures and Jim's new kitchen WOW WOW WOW. Beautiful! @Jimbo we will also be in Orlando around the same time. I will look out for Va plates and you do so NJ plates (which will be in the hundreds!!!!!)😁🤣

Cruise was good, too much to eat...had 3 night dining pkg, one TA dinner voucher and 2 bogos. We tried Wonderland again and it was a different experience.... Server brought out the halibut, the branzino, the chicken and egg, the kataifi wrapped shrimp. I told him I like to see what I eat so no science experiments on the table please. 😁And we both liked it and will definitely do it again with the same options. I am glad I did not dismiss it for good (which I almost had but dh wanted to try again).

I am all Jamie'd out. I think I will give them a break next time. I like it a lot though. Service there is just excellent.

Our cabin was on deck 6 right across the elevators. Location cannot be beat. Service was superb everywhere. Had a lot of fun, played many trivia games. We met people who we have met before and had a great time chatting. Weather was great and used the balcony right up to the day before disembarking and next day of embarkation. Islands were great and sunny. Little liquid sunshine in Antigua, but were on a catamaran excursion so can't complain.

Now doing laundry and packing to drive to Florida. And I still have Andrew's review and John's notes and Belle thread to catch up on.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

So we are the proud owners of 2 unique radios. 

This one in our finished basement. From great grans house. 

63F01A37-215B-4378-BE6C-8B858D0F97F7.thumb.jpeg.2567dd644c26ad5f558516fd2bcb9130.jpeg

And this one in our half bath off kitchen. It was made from a kit in the late 70’s 

D33737BF-AE03-4A15-B512-5A1487991FDB.thumb.jpeg.4cce931b9319e3d67132aa17be77f5a1.jpeg

Yesterday on our way home from Akron we stopped at an antique store near Ravenna and it was the first time we ever went to one. 
Besides tons of junk, and over prices “ relics” we walked around for 2 hours. I cannot believe how many items looked familiar from family homes. 

As we walked the DH found a model car of a 66 GTO. Well sticker shock $125. But it was gold. I saw it at a different time because we went our separate different paths. Me in house stuff. Him in car stuff. 

So as when we catch up he goes “ did you see the…….”  I finished his statement. “….GTO”

I go if you want it get it. 
He goes it’s $125

So we go back to that area and I tell him to look through the display and see if there’s another in black. 
He finds another gold. Same package. But the price was $65. 
So now we are scrutinizing both packages. And they are identical. 

A521FC06-7003-4D20-8572-5073ABA2113F.thumb.jpeg.8e613d49155ee939c1320e83e74bfe53.jpeg

So we check out and that day there was a 10% discount on it. 

Now we have to find a way to paint it black without ruining it. 

I found a serving dish on a platter for $19. 

CABBC711-8828-49A7-B895-7ECE4ECA2629.thumb.jpeg.60f834727ec8eb5c538b4c7b7c6476de.jpeg

8EA067F4-4ADC-4EDE-94FA-FBB22910191C.thumb.jpeg.17be6a7097aff6572ff5bf6599f176dc.jpeg

Yup. We will be going back. That store is massive. 

Today the football saga continues. We will be watching the Dolphins at 1 pm.  I am making a nice eye of round dinner. Twice baked potatoes, broccoli and salad to ease the pain of the upcoming loss.  

At least the season for dolphins will be over today. 

Be safe. 

9A9C4A4A-EFB2-4C83-AB23-9CA2C828C76D.jpeg

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have a KitchenAid.  I am surprised that it is what I chose but I like how it loads.  It has 3 racks and I think I could get all the dishes in my cabinet in it at one time if I tried.  The silverware basket is narrow and on one side.  It is quiet.  It does take a long time to run a cycle but that is partially because I have the heated dry selected.  It does have an option for an express wash.  I run it mostly overnight so I don't need it to be fast.  We have had it for awhile now and I still like it.  

I have a KitchenAid artisan mixer. I bought it when I was big into using it. It has been sitting in the closet for a long time. I also have a food processor from KA but it has met the same fate. I prefer using the smaller KA that I keep on the counter and does not take up space...for day to day use.

Sorry, oops after typing the above I saw you meant dishwasher not food processor 😁

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ditto for us.  We had a Bosch in Cincinnati and it was extremely quiet, but it was awkward to load.  Went with a KitchenAid with the third rack here and love it.  It's incredible how much you can fit into it and the ProDry option really works well.  It's fairly quiet (not completely silent like the Bosch) in case we want to run it during the day, but we also time delay the start and run it in the middle of the night, so noise level isn't really important to us.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two door cream with the optional orange racing stripe, standard.  First car I drove.  The only good thing was duct tape could fix most of its problems. 

Duct tape, or some other similar tape was on the track of our balcony door in our cabin on our Adventure of the Seas cruise in September.  I didn't even realize there wasn't a curtain across the window, until I noticed one in a room as I was walking down the corridor. The further North we headed, the colder the room became due to the draft..we had to ask for blankets..a first for us.  But then, Jim's emergency surgery was also a first for us.😏

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

we also time delay the start and run it in the middle of the night, so noise level isn't really important to us.  

I am still gun shy after our mini flood from the dishwasher last August.  Never turn it on and just leave anymore.  

At least I am down to checking on it only once or twice during a cycle.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How cool and if my math is right you did it all for under $2,000? That's amazing. Question with the two 1 TB drives, could you boot up from either one. I would like to get a dual boot computer so I could put one set of programs on one and another set of programs on the other. That's my problem with my main hard drive. Some programs are big and can only be installed on your main hard drive. It would be nice to be able to have two.

I'd guess with some research, you could figure out how to dual boot.  I think you'd just have to tell the BIOS to pause and ask where to boot from, but I've not done that.  You might need two different copies of the OS to do this but again, I'm not sure.  However, I don't think dual boot is necessary.  A 1TB SSD drive is very fast (nearly instant boot and app load times) and cheap at around $100.  I installed 2 and use the second as a working drive for current projects and as a fast scratch disk.  I've got Adobe LR/PS/PR/AE, Flight Simulator, Office, and a few other misc. apps all installed on the 1 TB boot drive and it's still only half full.  If needed, a 2TB SSD drive is about $160+/-.

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  I didn't even know CC had that board.  I will check it out.  

I was an Intel guy but when I was figuring out stuff  I was going to go Ryzen.  When I decided to order, everything disappeared due to the P*¬;¥£§ic.  When I look at what I would spend on a good MacBook Pro I would have a really nice build for the same cost or less.  I need to look again soon.  I would love to get a flight simulator too. 

BTW, if I do go Windows, I will upgrade my windows 7. 

I assumed that your question about Windows 7 was in jest. 😁  I had no problems with either Windows 10 or now Windows 11.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks Pat! We had a couple of short downpours like that this morning. Along with lightning and thunder. Apparently, there is a hole with radiating melted asphalt lines around it a little ways down the hill from a lightning strike. The thunder boom woke everyone up at 8. I may have to check it out when the weather improves. Someone pinpointed the strike on their lightning app. Who knew? ☺️

Holy Moly!  Stay safe!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good Morning Patti,   Glad you have not floated away and are OK.   Sure does look and sound horrible for many.

Hopefully the forecast shows an end to these nasty storms and everyone will see sun soon to dry out and do repairs and clean up.

We're thinking of you and everyone else in this area😀

+1

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I miss the CD player...

I do too. Years ago when I was making my Christmas Music Compilation CD's for friends and family I used to make over a hundred. This year I made 25 and probably only gave out 12. Most people said they don't have CD players anymore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I do too. Years ago when I was making my Christmas Music Compilation CD's for friends and family I used to make over a hundred. This year I made 25 and probably only gave out 12. Most people said they don't have CD players anymore.

One day when my father was over I opened the cabinet with all my CDs and then I showed him my USB drive that contained them all. He was very impressed... and he is a retired electrical engineer. 

I don't really need a home CD player any longer. I can plug the USB into the TV and use the home audio system. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can plug the USB into the TV and use the home audio system. 

Nice. Curious how much storage do you have on that drive? To house all my music I would need at least 3 Terabytes. I probably have 500 CD's and still over 200 albums. That doesn't count the number of songs and albums I have on iTunes. My Christmas music collection alone has over 35,000 songs.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice. Curious how much storage do you have on that drive? To house all my music I would need at least 3 Terabytes. I probably have 500 CD's and still over 200 albums. That doesn't count the number of songs and albums I have on iTunes. My Christmas music collection alone has over 35,000 songs.

Now I am embarrassed to say.... 256GB.🫣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ditto for us.  We had a Bosch in Cincinnati and it was extremely quiet, but it was awkward to load.  Went with a KitchenAid with the third rack here and love it.  It's incredible how much you can fit into it and the ProDry option really works well.  It's fairly quiet (not completely silent like the Bosch) in case we want to run it during the day, but we also time delay the start and run it in the middle of the night, so noise level isn't really important to us.  

We miss our Bosch dishwasher- so quiet and third rack was more useful than I thought. We bought Bosches for our last 3 houses.

We have a KitchenAid now, which is a bit louder, but works well.

• Like 2