Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen Grateful Dead over 100 shows,

I have seen them once and I remember part of the show, how much of the shows do you remember. 🤪

It was like seeing Ziggy Marley and Jimmy Buffett, the lights went down and the audience light up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's too hard to answer my #1 concert.    I have seen Grateful Dead over 100 shows, Led Zeppelin a couple of times, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, CSN&Y, Meatloaf, Tom Petty, several others will probably pop into my mind later tonight but I guess one of favorite shows was Billy Joel and Elton John.    I have seen both of them individually but when they performed together it was outstanding.

Billy Joel and Elton John, did that happen to be at the Vet?, if so we were there and saw them both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have seen them once and I remember part of the show, how much of the shows do you remember. 🤪

It was like seeing Ziggy Marley and Jimmy Buffett, the lights went down and the audience light up. 

First time I ever went to the Fillmore East back in 1968 when I was 18 or so people started passing this funny cigarettes around, first time I experience that . 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I remember some shows, or part of them😇

I remember doing lots of dancing.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

What was your number 1 top concert ? I have been going to concerts since 1961 and saw many great ones.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rollings Stones

Pearl Jam

Metallica

Would have loved to see the dead (substituted Phish)  👍🏻

Petty died before I saw live  

• Like 1

My favorite concerts are Kenny Chesney concerts and I have been to a ton of them. Whether you like island / country music or not, he is a great performer and crowd-pleaser. 🌴🏖️

Probably the most famous person I saw in concert was John Lennon. Madison Square Garden, NYC.  I was a young teenager. It was called the One to One concert and I was able to go as I was a volunteer with the mentally disabled. "Imagine" all the people.... 🎸 🎶 ☮️

• Like 4

3 hours ago, George C said:

I saw Springsteen in 1985 right after the album “ Born in the USA” came our somehow had tickets on the floor. Also was lucky enough to see 

Andrea Bocelli in a private box

Sinatra many times in New York, Vegas and Dallas

Tony Bennett many times 

Bob Dylan many times

Billy Joel a few times 

lots of other The Who, Bob Segar, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton twice, Neil Young,

Willie Nelson etc etc .

Wow, not only did you list entertainers I actually heard of but I would have loved to have seen them in concert.  Well, except Willie Nelson.  Not a fan.

@lenquixote66Lenny, so sorry to read about your friend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think you are near Goofies Big Top Roller Coaster.

Yes it's near. There is a big candy store next to where I was.  The Dumbo ride is near and right out front was some kind of water spraying all over an area.  Some of the kids (not ours) chose to to get soaked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Billy Joel and Elton John, did that happen to be at the Vet?, if so we were there and saw them both.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The " Face to Face" tour. I saw them about 2 weeks later in Giants Stadium in East Rutherford,  NJ. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My favorite concerts are Kenny Chesney concerts and I have been to a ton of them. Whether you like island / country music or not, he is a great performer and crowd-pleaser. 🌴🏖️

Probably the most famous person I saw in concert was John Lennon. Madison Square Garden, NYC.  I was a young teenager. It was called the One to One concert and I was able to go as I was a volunteer with the mentally disabled. "Imagine" all the people.... 🎸 🎶 ☮️

My dad had a few jobs back in the 70’s he bought a taxi in New York City he worked some Sunday’s while paying for the taxi license, one Sunday he came home and said he took one of the Beatles to the Jerry Lewis telethon, he knew it was a beetle but wasn’t sure of his name , he said when he paid the fare he had a little purse and gave him the fare plus 15 percent tip , it was John Lennon , he had  several famous people like Jackie O, Joe Namath etc , one of his favorites was Peter Falk , this was slightly pre Columbo days , he told him he loved his movies and had seen him on broadway, told him fare was on him, he protested then asked if he had any children, he then wrote a short note to us three , I was in the army at the time in Germany, I know I have the note somewhere but not sure where. He had some interesting stories of his taxi driving in the city . 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, mets07 said:

DW & I had tickets to see Kenny Chesney when the pandemic cancelled his concerts. We had heard he puts on a great show.  Got to see Garth Brooks multiple times as well a Toby Keith, both interact well with their audiences as well.   Having been to rock, pop and country concerts, I have to say the country music concerts tend to be the most enjoyable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jimmy Buffett, the lights went down and the audience light up. 

Jimmy Buffett  gave one of the best concerts that I was never at. He was performing at the outdoor Jones Beach theater one evening. The parking lot was also one of the beach parking lots - mostly for late arrivals as it was one of the furthest from the beach. After spending the day on the beach, we returned to our car in the parking lot only to find it packed with concert goers. I've never seen so many pop-up tiki bars in one location in my life.

We  spent the next few hours tailgating - or tiki bar hopping to be more precise - while listening to music from both the theater and everybody's car radios / boom boxes.  Turns out, he has quite the dedicated following of people that just park outside wherever he's performing to have a parking lot party.  Felt guilty for a bit as we had nothing to trade and nobody would take out money for the food and drinks they gave us, but I guess that's' life in Margaritaville. ⛱️🏝️🍹

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Tell them I said hello, please!!!!

We already split up.  We are flying out tomorrow and they fly out Sunday.  Sharon took a pic of your response saying hello and is now texting them.!  They are a fun couple to hang with. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve spent the past two months following the daily updates of an 61 yo engineer & kayaker from Sydney who was attempting to sea kayak solo and unassisted from Tasmania to New Zealand.  This morning he safely arrived at Riverton at the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand after paddling 1600km.  Amazing physical & mental achievement.  

I am also in awe of him jumping  into the deep ocean to clean the bottom of the kayak before entering New Zealand waters (as required by the authorities) as he had seen sharks in the water only a day or two previously. This hull cleaning  was also recently required of cruise vessels going to NZ.

For the engineers, you might be interested in the design of the sea kayak that he built himself for this endeavour.95535BD7-30C8-4EA4-9787-02CF8B3A65F5.thumb.jpeg.f450f2d7144f64a6d088b142aa4f5149.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I've seen so many, that I don't really have a favorite. Jimmy Buffet was enjoyable. He was with Warren Zevon, which was sad in retrospect. Pablo Cruise. For pure stage showmanship, but not music, I thought Kiss and The Tubes put on fun shows, with fireworks and theatrics. I thought Deep Purple was stupid with the instrument breaking. Rod Stewart had a sexy wiggle. Grateful Dead were always fun. Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa at the Circle Star, Steve Miller. Rolling Stones. Boz Skaggs on NYE. There were a whole bunch, too many to list, and no one really cares. 😄

Journey, Boston, Kansas, The Outlaws, Eddie Money, Elvin Bishop, The Who, AC/DC, Kenny Loggins. San Francisco, Winterland, Fillmore and other Bay Area venues are music stops for many, many performers. Besides Kenny Chesney, the last concert we went to was Kings of Leon and Cage the Elephant. It was too loud. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

We took LSD in the 70's and had my parents take my girlfriend and me over to Winterland, to see Ten Years After, while they went out to dinner in San Francisco. We bought tickets at the door. (No computers back then) Fortunately, we were feeling much better and normal, by the time they came and picked us up after the concert. I wouldn't say that was a best concert, but it was interesting. 

• Like 3

Been a long time since I watched a 3D movie at the theatre.  Tonight watched Avatar - the way of the water at the cinema.  It just happened that the time slot  that suited us  was 3D.  Anyone else seen this sequel?  We enjoyed it.  The underwater visuals were stunning and the action was good.  If you liked the first movie, you would like this one.

• Like 2