Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope you feel better soon Debbie.  I hate being congested.

Maybe this will help you feel better.... If it works.  I converted a .mov to mp4 using iMovie on the Mac.

I can see it but can't play it.  not sure if its ship wifi or what.  can you play it?

Thank you.   Yes, I was able to watch the video.    

She is precious!     All her outfits are so adorable.   

Just a suggestion, may be time for an outfit for gardening that won't matter if it gets dirty.     I call them my "yard clothes".    If she is anything like me she is dirty from head to toe by the time she is done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes.

It is the ship wifi that is effecting me playing it.  I tried and it didn't play until several minutes later and I had already opened a new tab and looking at a different webpage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Correct.

The air was much pleasant outside the city. I could have remained near the river for the whole day. It was one of our best moments in the whole trip.

I loved your pictures, Dani..I can see why you could've remained near the river!  Beautiful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.   Yes, I was able to watch the video.    

She is precious!     All her outfits are so adorable.   

Just a suggestion, may be time for an outfit for gardening that won't matter if it gets dirty.     I call them my "yard clothes".    If she is anything like me she is dirty from head to toe by the time she is done.

She looks so cute in her Minnie Mouse shoes.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

Feel better, Debbie.  I'm glad to hear that you went to Urgent Care and was given medication, as well as an inhaler.  You don't want to fool around with acute bronchitis.

Hopefully Eric feels better after seeing his MD.💞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am enjoying sea days.  We have been able to catch up on our sleep.  Since we left our house we have needed to get up early for something each day.  And with the time difference it has been a challenge.   

Kenzie is super busy.  She has the flower business to keep up with too.

IMG_0469.thumb.jpg.78bc0d3538d8e75273a7e5427c74e2f1.jpg

IMG_0568.thumb.jpg.c1db3f6c8773f2acd924f2ce09cb74f0.jpg

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.e6c1921f04c0aaf45ee0bc027f8bc052.jpg

What a honey!  Something tells me that Kenzie will succeed in anything she tries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

Feel better soon, Debbie!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@BonTexasNYSafe travels this Tuesday, Bonnie and Jack.  Have a wonderful time with your daughter, sil and grandchildren.

I was horrified hearing and seeing the violence at your Shopping Mall.  😞

Thank you so much, Maryann. I can't wait to hug my "babies".  My grandson already told me he wants me to make his favorite, chicken soup.  My daughter lives in a very rural area of NJ and there's just one area supermarket.  They better have fresh dill, parsley, parsnips which are requisites together with the other usual veggies.

Yes, the shooting was horrific.  Unfortunately, it's getting all too common. 😒

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

thanks. I am glad it uploaded  Kenzie is still developing her speech.  I at times do not understand here.

With the many depressing things happening all over the world, Kenzie shows we have reasons of being optimistic.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Lunch was at a brew pub today.  A massive fish sandwich that was very tasty. 

IMG_7196.thumb.jpeg.b3f5d04caeefa200b5637fe8d536960f.jpeg

They have a glass floor over the tanks, so you can look in.  I like how they made a couple panes look like the glass is shattered. 

IMG_7197.thumb.jpeg.0146a3739b588fdae1b40709116a104c.jpeg

Funny how most people walk around those panes.  I couldn’t even get Susan to walk on them. She has avoided every glass floor we have been to.  

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Lunch was at a brew pub today.  A massive fish sandwich that was very tasty. 

IMG_7196.thumb.jpeg.b3f5d04caeefa200b5637fe8d536960f.jpeg

They have a glass floor over the tanks, so you can look in.  I like how they made a couple panes look like the glass is shattered. 

IMG_7197.thumb.jpeg.0146a3739b588fdae1b40709116a104c.jpeg

Funny how most people walk around those panes.  I couldn’t even get Susan to walk on them. She has avoided every glass floor we have been to.  

Odyssey has a glass walkway over the side of the ship looking down at the ocean. I was treading quite lightly on those glass blocks!

20230201_060122.thumb.jpg.924b3f9dd59f72f8b0f9739426916f56.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is definitely something going around along with bad allergies this year.  Had my annual Dr visit a few weeks ago, complained about my ears/sinus/teeth.  She didn't see anything but told me to try Flonase.  Seems to have helped some but not all the way.  Hoping seasons change soon.   Feel better, hoping your meds help.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey has a glass walkway over the side of the ship looking down at the ocean. I was treading quite lightly on those glass blocks!

20230201_060122.thumb.jpg.924b3f9dd59f72f8b0f9739426916f56.jpg

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

These aren’t my photos but I have walked on this glass on the CN Tower 1,122’ above the ground. 

IMG_2679.jpeg.546daa61a499bcc421ad3df82b22b747.jpeg

IMG_2680.thumb.jpeg.0b762f57bf09bd5cdaf9890e250cacc5.jpeg

Done both of those, plus the one in the tower bridge in London.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope you feel better soon Debbie.

+1

I can see it but can't play it.  not sure if its ship wifi or what.  can you play it?

Hi John @Ozark_Kid

Yes, I can play it !!! 🤗 (using MacBook Pro)

OMG!! Kenzie is such a cutie pie!!

Thank you sooo much for sharing her with us!!

Those eyes and that smile and sweet baby talk. I LOVE it!! 🥰 

For @dani negreanu

I think she's saying "I ('m) gettin' dat (that) dirt out." 

And when her mom asks,  "Are you helping Mommy?"

She answers, "Yeah."

Then, very honestly, "No, I ('m) gettin' dat (that) dirt out." 

"Wow... Wow"

I don't understand her last sentence though. 

She may be repeating what her mom said to her??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better, Debbie.  I'm glad to hear that you went to Urgent Care and was given medication, as well as an inhaler.  You don't want to fool around with acute bronchitis.

Hopefully Eric feels better after seeing his MD.💞

I purchased 3 Albuterol inhalers $25 last time we were in Cozumel. Just saying. 😚 The previous one I was prescribed had lasted for 5 years. In this C age it is nice to have something available, if needed. No chastising needed. ☺️

And this may or may not apply to Debbie. The doctor told me to cut a small mouthpiece sized hole into the bottom of a small plastic water bottle. Press the inhaler into it and then inhale very deeply out the opening. More medication gets further into your lungs instead of your mouth. (With Bronchitis) 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Hi John @Ozark_Kid

Yes, I can play it !!! 🤗 (using MacBook Pro)

OMG!! Kenzie is such a cutie pie!!

Thank you sooo much for sharing her with us!!

Those eyes and that smile and sweet baby talk. I LOVE it!! 🥰 

For @dani negreanu

I think she's saying "I ('m) gettin' dat (that) dirt out." 

And when her mom asks,  "Are you helping Mommy?"

She answers, "Yeah."

Then, very honestly, "No, I ('m) gettin' dat (that) dirt out." 

"Wow... Wow"

I don't understand her last sentence though. 

She may be repeating what her mom said to her??

Almost like a rock song.  She likes dancing to Boom Boom pow.   She will sing.... Them chicks jackin style!.  Lol

I have to limit playing it for her once a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you're having trouble sleeping because of the coughing, I would take the Tessalon (Benzonatate) at bedtime.  It's a cough suppressant, to prevent you from coughing, while the Mucinex (Guafenesin) is an expectorant, to loosen the gunk and make it easier to cough up and out.  

Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Omigosh, I swear she's the happiest kid ever!  Always smiling and bringing joy, such a little blessing!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your sea days.  Sea days are my faves, because you can do everything or nothing you want, according to your own schedule, not bound by docking schedules or all-aboard deadlines.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am enjoying sea days.  We have been able to catch up on our sleep.  Since we left our house we have needed to get up early for something each day.  And with the time difference it has been a challenge.   

IMG_0469.thumb.jpg.78bc0d3538d8e75273a7e5427c74e2f1.jpg

IMG_0568.thumb.jpg.c1db3f6c8773f2acd924f2ce09cb74f0.jpg

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.e6c1921f04c0aaf45ee0bc027f8bc052.jpg

This adorable girl always brings a smile to my face. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1