Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We're super busy this week.  Today we went to our grandson Jack's Tennis Match.  Tomorrow evening we'll be at William's 6th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Trumpet.  Wednesday is Ava's Senior Lacrosse game, and  Thursday evening is Ryan's 8th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Saxophone.  

Enjoy all of your grandkids activities,Maryann.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are in Port Canaveral tomorrow, then Coco Cay and Nassau. Not a great itinerary but we just wanted to get away for our anniversary and my birthday. We will go again in November for DH birthday. 

We usually visit my Mom when we go into Port Canaveral but she isn’t going down to her house down here so we are headed there tomorrow to bring back some stuff she wants. Cheaper for us to get stuff instead of my brother shipping stuff up. 

Happy birthday and Anniversary.

giphy.gif

happy-anniversary.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Spent the day, yesterday, with our sick granddaughter. Last night was little league opening night festivities to introduce players from every team. That had been postponed from an earlier date due to rain.  

Grandson had his third game, and his team is now 3 for 3. (Uh oh, there are those threes again). Their team was up 14-1 when they called the game for the mercy rule.

Today, we are home with our granddaughter again, and I am off to the cardiologist this morning.  

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Spent the day, yesterday, with our sick granddaughter. Last night was little league opening night festivities to introduce players from every team. That had been postponed from an earlier date due to rain.  

Grandson had his third game, and his team is now 3 for 3. (Uh oh, there are those threes again). Their team was up 14-1 when they called the game for the mercy rule.

Today, we are home with our granddaughter again, and I am off to the cardiologist this morning.  

I hope your granddaughter is a lot better soon.

Good luck for your cardiologist appointment today.

get-well.gif

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're super busy this week.  Today we went to our grandson Jack's Tennis Match.  Tomorrow evening we'll be at William's 6th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Trumpet.  Wednesday is Ava's Senior Lacrosse game, and  Thursday evening is Ryan's 8th Grade Band Concert.  He's playing Saxophone.  

How lovely that you are able to watch your grandchildren participate in their various activities 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hope your grand-daughter recovers soon & all the best for your cardiologist appointment.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm still thinking older ships have worse wifi but I'm not tech. My wifi works better on oasis class. Thanks. Idk you were going to Vancouver,  I thought calf. .is the next cruise sold out, I didnt see it listed. Enjoy. 

I was surprised to find wifi excellent on the Jewel, was not expecting it. Way faster and better than the Anthem in January.

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  What about Cozumel  Ever been to Playa Mia or Chankanaab- those are the 2 that Royal offers thru their shore excursions?

We did an AI Day Pass at Chankanaab via NCL. Loved it.
We did a cooking class at Playa Mia. Very good for a different experience. Enjoyed it a lot.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We've only done Nachi Cocum and Paradise Beach which are both non Royal. Loved Nachi Cocum. They limit the amount of guests so it is more quiet. Great place and great food. Only about a 10 minute cab ride.

Agree. We have done both and enjoyed both.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy all those activities and watching your grandchildren participate!  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are in Port Canaveral tomorrow, then Coco Cay and Nassau. Not a great itinerary but we just wanted to get away for our anniversary and my birthday. We will go again in November for DH birthday. 

We usually visit my Mom when we go into Port Canaveral but she isn’t going down to her house down here so we are headed there tomorrow to bring back some stuff she wants. Cheaper for us to get stuff instead of my brother shipping stuff up. 

Happy happy and hope you’re having a great cruise.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You must not be linked together.  If you are linked then even if you are at different points you will not get the free cruise when you reach 700 points. 

We'll have to see what happens when I get there.

@BonTexasNY  Safe Travels to you and Jack.  Have a wonderful time.

@Luckynana  Sounds like an enjoyable time with all the activities you have coming up.  It's always fun spending time with the grands.

@h20skibum  Hope your granddaughter is feeling better soon.

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen, Thanks for the great pictures. 

@cruiselvr04  So sad to read about the 2 little girls.  It's just heartbreaking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We did an AI Day Pass at Chankanaab via NCL. Loved it.
We did a cooking class at Playa Mia. Very good for a different experience. Enjoyed it a lot.

The Royal excursion incl lunch and drinks is $71 but it doesn't really say much about transportation other than "its a short ride away".  It doesn't say if I'm committed to the entire day. I have a short attention span.  I know I can just get myself back to the ship on my own.

• Begin with a short drive and walk past shimmering fountains and waterfalls to Chankanaab Park, where the fun awaits.

Edited by molly361

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The Royal excursion incl lunch and drinks is $71 but it doesn't really say much about transportation other than "its a short ride away".  It doesn't say if I'm committed to the entire day. I have a short attention span.  I know I can just get myself back to the ship on my own.

My experience was that Chankanaab had a lot to do: snorkelling, beach, swimming pool, gardens, dolphins (extra), Mayan spa (extra), drinks, breakfast and lunch was included.etc.  I did not get bored one bit and was quite "entertained" till time to meet up for bus. I would do it again. Transportation (on NCL excursion) was in an air conditioned luxury bus. It is really a short ride away. I guess you could take a taxi back if you don't want to stay that long...confirm with the shorex people.

• Like 3