Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have to share my great grandchildren with you. 
My twin granddaughters are hospital RNs. 
Kayla is a Labor and Delivery nurse. She had to work Mother’s Day. She got a message to go down to the lobby, where her husband and sons Ledger and Colton surprised her. 
Her sister Kristina works in a pediatric hospital and also worked Mother’s day. 

Her husband sent her a photo on her phone  of two year old Sage waiting on the stairs for her mother to come home. 

IMG_1038.png

IMG_1040.jpeg

• Like 36

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!  They are producing early.  I haven't even planted yet.  Glad I didn't since we had frost warning last night. 

Planted my garden about 10 days ago, planted zuchinni from seed and they are all ready up and doing fine. 

Planted Tomatoes and Peppers and Eggplant, they were all doing find except yesterday I noticed something making spots on the tomato plants, so I quick got out the spray and spayed them. Hope I got it it time whatever it is?

We have had a lot of rain since the planting so haven't had the need to water anything so far.

Corn seeds came in a few days ago and so far don't see anything coming up so far in the two 45 ft rows.

Planted some flowers from seed also along with 2 different  kinds of sun flowers which are all ready up too.

Mowing yard twice a week right now, it's growing like crazy with all this rain we have been having in Southwest Virginia.

Lows have only been in the high 40's, low 50's so I think our frost threats have ended. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Kayla is a Labor and Delivery nurse. She had to work Mother’s Day. She got a message to go down to the lobby, where her husband and sons Ledger and Colton surprised her. 

Her husband sent her a photo on her phone  of two year old Sage waiting on the stairs for her mother to come home. 

IMG_1038.png

IMG_1040.jpeg

Lovely family photos Mimi.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The best NJ breakfast at the Tom Thumb Diner, Paramus, NJ

image.thumb.jpeg.77ae8140fb107904ffdb3e003b3b9c94.jpeg

28 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Do you mean Tom Sawyer Diner? Glad you had a good trip.

I know Tom Sawyer diner very well. Had a many late night, weary dinners there after shopping in Paramus Park mall back in the day. No sales tax on clothing in NJ.  Saved a bundle back when I had to wear suit & tie to the office. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Luca the amazing cat with my daughter.  Luca hardly ever looks this POd.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eee708bf5cec5f8164c8a47a59d3184.jpeg

Nice photo of your daughter with Luca Bonnie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely family photos Mimi.

+ 1, and thanks for sharing 😘 @jagsfan

47 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Looks delicious, Bonnie. So glad you've enjoyed your time with family and Luca 😘 

We were in Modi'in today, celebrating an early birthday of our grandson2 (the whole our DIL's family are traveling to Turkey next Wednesday for a very long "Shavu'ot" WE, when the "real" b'day takes place), and every time I pass your SIL "abode", I think about you 🌹

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Do you mean Tom Sawyer Diner? Glad you had a good trip.

OMG YES Tom Sawyer.  Tom Thumb is a local supermarket here.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I know Tom Sawyer diner very well. Had a many late night, weary dinners there after shopping in Paramus Park mall back in the day. No sales tax on clothing in NJ.  Saved a bundle back when I had to wear suit & tie to the office. 

I remember Paramus Park very well.  I loved the now defunct dept store, A&S (Abraham and Straus) I seem to remember Bergen County, NJ enforcing "Blue Laws" so major retail stores were closed on Sunday.   We did take advantage of no sales tax on clothing on many occasions.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo of your daughter with Luca Bonnie.

Thank you, Graham.

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1, and thanks for sharing 😘 @jagsfan

Looks delicious, Bonnie. So glad you've enjoyed your time with family and Luca 😘 

We were in Modi'in today, celebrating an early birthday of our grandson2 (the whole our DIL's family are traveling to Turkey next Wednesday for a very long "Shavu'ot" WE, when the "real" b'day takes place), and every time I pass your SIL "abode", I think about you 🌹

Happy early birthday for your grandson2.  Yom Huledet Sameach, Ahd 120. Aww thanks for thinking of me when you pass my SIL's place.  If you ever want a personal tour let me know!  They love it there.  Always busy with lots to do or just do nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cruising with cocktails tonight with this week’s episode of Below Deck. Tiki cocktail time with my birthday gifts. I finally have all the different kinds of rums you need for a lot of the recipes.

light rum

dark rum

overproof rum

Puerto Rican rum

Jamaican Rum

Aged Rum

Pot still rum

Demerara based rum

IMG_1538.thumb.jpeg.6ba04c28db34e47d0fb74f4ba535e7d6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

IMG_1038.png

IMG_1040.jpeg

Beautiful photos 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Luca the amazing cat with my daughter.  Luca hardly ever looks this POd.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eee708bf5cec5f8164c8a47a59d3184.jpeg

Breakfast looks yummy.   Nice photo of your Daughter and Luca the amazing cat.   

Happy to hear you are enjoying your trip 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have to get to the LBI house this weekend to prepare for our renters to have middle of next week.    Tomorrow looks like mostly rain during throughout the day so we are thinking we will drive down early Sunday morning and get busy with bringing everything out of storage and set up.   Inside should just need a basic wipe down since it was thoroughly cleaned in February after our Dec/Jan tenants left. 

Figure if the crew can prepare a ship for changeover in a couple of hours we can get the house ready in 1 day😅

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruising with cocktails tonight with this week’s episode of Below Deck. Tiki cocktail time with my birthday gifts. I finally have all the different kinds of rums you need for a lot of the recipes.

light rum

dark rum

overproof rum

Puerto Rican rum

Jamaican Rum

Aged Rum

Pot still rum

Demerara based rum

IMG_1538.thumb.jpeg.6ba04c28db34e47d0fb74f4ba535e7d6.jpeg

Love the Appleton Estate.  That's my Jamaican rum of choice for a Mai Tai.  

• Like 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Love the Appleton Estate.  That's my Jamaican rum of choice for a Mai Tai.  

I’ve not had it before but it was widely recommended from the Tiki experts. I’m looking forward to tasting it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I got a digital photo screen for Mother's Day, with technology that fails my comprehension.  My daughter "claims" she'll start filling it up.  She also gave me a silver bangle bracelet which actually fits my wrist.  

I have a digital frame, love it.  Also got one for my MIL since I liked mine so much.  My daughter send pics to both quite often, great way to see multiple pictures.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're back home, tired and although we're missing the kids terribly, it really is good to be back home.

We had a great time just being together, eating good food, getting together with friends, having a fabulous Mother's Day and enjoying near perfect NJ weather in May.  

I got a digital photo screen for Mother's Day, with technology that fails my comprehension.  

Your trip to NJ staying with your daughter, SIL and grands sounds like it was a perfect 10 days for you and Jack!

I hear ya when in comes to technology comprehension.  Thank goodness for our grandson Jack.  I was having trouble trying to get certain shows on the TV for the past two nights.  Jack to the rescue!  I think it's probably time to get a new Roku for the TV;  while Jack feels it's the Roku that's giving me the problem and not the TV, he told me not to be in such a rush to get a new Roku..lol!  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

IMG_1038.png

IMG_1040.jpeg

Mimi, your 3 great grandchildren are all so precious!!❤️

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have to get to the LBI house this weekend to prepare for our renters to have middle of next week.    Tomorrow looks like mostly rain during throughout the day so we are thinking we will drive down early Sunday morning and get busy with bringing everything out of storage and set up.   Inside should just need a basic wipe down since it was thoroughly cleaned in February after our Dec/Jan tenants left. 

Figure if the crew can prepare a ship for changeover in a couple of hours we can get the house ready in 1 day😅

How long is the drive from your home in Pa. to your home in LBI?  I mentioned the Surflight Theater to the girls at Mahjongg the other day,  One of the girls began telling me the history of the Theater, but I told her that I read the entire history since it's inception.  She said her children grew up going to that theater and that's where they developed their love for plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

light rum

dark rum

overproof rum

Puerto Rican rum

Jamaican Rum

Aged Rum

Pot still rum

Demerara based rum

Have you been to Grand Cayman and tried their rum, aged in barrels under the sea?

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/cayman-islands-ocean-aged-rum

We weren’t that impressed but it’s a novelty!

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 3