Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@bobmacliberty I received my first "new" block about a month ago.  Sitting side by side, the older style are much classier looking. IMHO.

I agree. I think they kind of look like a cheap souvenir store purchase. They're not horrible. We received our first new one last month. The colors are kind of garish. But overall, I appreciate them. 

• Like 4

It is heartbreaking to see the devastation of the fires .  Those close enough should park their cars in their garages .  We once had our driveway covered in soot carried by the wind . The air quality was miserable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

It is heartbreaking to see the devastation of the fires .  Those close enough should park their cars in their garages .  We once had our driveway covered in soot carried by the wind . The air quality was miserable. 

The ash gets all over, everywhere. It is not good for car paint, but easy to wash off. It is more difficult on the patio furniture and umbrella. Sorry about Ontario. Fingers crossed, we haven't started fire season yet. 

• Like 5

With everyone talking about their upcoming cruises, I found myself wishing for some of those island times and good vibes.  So this was the closest I could come. 

IMG_7474.thumb.jpeg.fcb5d368536a5b60241203912b2f670e.jpeg

Dinner tonight was an ultimate pina colada 

IMG_7477.thumb.jpeg.2f92b04b3ca755c742f0e7bea9115e58.jpeg

A jerk chicken pineapple bowl. 

IMG_7479.thumb.jpeg.3a8f49587f4deeac6434ece9ee686b7d.jpeg

They were both very good.  

• Like 19

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@bobmacliberty I received my first "new" block about a month ago.  Sitting side by side, the older style are much classier looking. IMHO.

They're also smaller than I expected at 4 inches wide by 3 1/4 inches high by 2 inches deep.  Were the older blocks the same size?  

We left Las Vegas yesterday.  We had a great time with the shows that we saw.  Jabbawodkeez show was fantastic.  Bruno Mars was amazing and fun.  Rich Little was so funny with his jokes and as an impressionist.  He had me laughing so much.

23DD17AA-E8A9-44D3-BA13-F4FEEB2487A7.thumb.jpeg.66eaaf89b5598da8dd11a66f3a613ed4.jpeg

CBD24BEA-D174-4507-A51F-01E1AC09F120.thumb.jpeg.cc160f4417958d460a021995b2978d28.jpeg

4C7F76C3-1AB3-46C8-BF5A-0E7FF4F1F593.thumb.jpeg.e7aa47a165dc74e171f172ed3fc88ea0.jpeg

There is a lot of road construction going on on the Strip and some streets connected to the Strip.  They are building a new Las Vegas Street Circuit for the Formula 1 Grand Prix, happening in November 2023.  

6A1C28F2-C277-491D-A433-8BBF51A90C03.thumb.jpeg.96195400378af17a88075495a916ce3f.jpeg

It was so hot, in the high 90’s.  DH wanted to use the pool to cool off.  Not me.  Too hot to be outside for me just sitting around- even if it’s by the pool.

42883F8F-A973-4922-A7EA-609A27E98408.thumb.jpeg.70c8b90a34d53e66811557b35e5cd59a.jpeg

• Like 23

45 minutes ago, Coralc said:

The ash gets all over, everywhere. It is not good for car paint, but easy to wash off. It is more difficult on the patio furniture and umbrella. Sorry about Ontario. Fingers crossed, we haven't started fire season yet. 

We are further east then Ken and Andrew and the sky was so dark this morning, smell was strong and so much soot on car outside. They advised to close windows and doors and recommended people with breathing problems west a N95 mask. 

Some of the beautiful trails I have snowmobiled many many miles on are burning up. So sad and a little surreal not to mention way too early in the season for this. I hate to see what July or August will be like. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wind could have shifted again.........There are Wild Fires in NJ in the Pine Barrens, we were getting smoke all the way to Southwest Virginia. Wind may have shifted West, you may be getting some of the smoke from NJ.

The winds definitely changed here in Southeastern PA in the last couple of hours.   

No smoke when I left work at 4:30.   Walked outside at 6:30 to water my garden and couldn't believe how much smoke and odor of burning wood there was in the air.

We have never had smoke from NJ wildfires so I have to think this is from Canada.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

We had an older style block of Anthem and got a new Anthem block in April.   I always found the older style hard to see the print and not much point in displaying unless someone was actually up close to read it.   The new blocks display better, IMO.   But I'm still undecided which I like better.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Good point.  The soot is kinda like the soot from smoke stacks on cruise ships.   Tough to wash out of clothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the two C&A blocks that I've been waiting on showed up today.  It's the new style block.  Micheline's first impression..."they're ugly".  I'm leaning in that direction, but I think it might grow on me.  It's our first block so I can't compare to the old ones.  

IMG_0557.thumb.jpg.66d66ee0a614fee5b4ff3a50aaa5969b.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb.jpg.c195f151d0a2a25115c6b201eb157b69.jpg

When I looked at the pics I first thought you hadn't taken it out of the  box yet.

• Like 2

When I stepped out last night, I smelled wood burning. I was wondering which one of my neighbors installed a fire pit but I guess it was the wilderness fires? 

Today was weird. Thick haze all day. Sunset lit it up in bright orange.  Looked very post-apocalyptic.   @Coralc & @NHProud is that how it typically is in California? 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The winds definitely changed here in Southeastern PA in the last couple of hours.   

No smoke when I left work at 4:30.   Walked outside at 6:30 to water my garden and couldn't believe how much smoke and odor of burning wood there was in the air.

We have never had smoke from NJ wildfires so I have to think this is from Canada.  

It’s hard to believe we smell it and have soot here it’s wild it travels so far. 

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We left Las Vegas yesterday.  We had a great time with the shows that we saw.  Jabbawodkeez show was fantastic.  Bruno Mars was amazing and fun.  Rich Little was so funny with his jokes and as an impressionist.  He had me laughing so much.

23DD17AA-E8A9-44D3-BA13-F4FEEB2487A7.thumb.jpeg.66eaaf89b5598da8dd11a66f3a613ed4.jpeg

CBD24BEA-D174-4507-A51F-01E1AC09F120.thumb.jpeg.cc160f4417958d460a021995b2978d28.jpeg

4C7F76C3-1AB3-46C8-BF5A-0E7FF4F1F593.thumb.jpeg.e7aa47a165dc74e171f172ed3fc88ea0.jpeg

There is a lot of road construction going on on the Strip and some streets connected to the Strip.  They are building a new Las Vegas Street Circuit for the Formula 1 Grand Prix, happening in November 2023.  

6A1C28F2-C277-491D-A433-8BBF51A90C03.thumb.jpeg.96195400378af17a88075495a916ce3f.jpeg

It was so hot, in the high 90’s.  DH wanted to use the pool to cool off.  Not me.  Too hot to be outside for me just sitting around- even if it’s by the pool.

42883F8F-A973-4922-A7EA-609A27E98408.thumb.jpeg.70c8b90a34d53e66811557b35e5cd59a.jpeg

We were just there in may for Rod Stewart  and the traffic on the strip was horrendous. Where did you stay? 

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good point.  The soot is kinda like the soot from smoke stacks on cruise ships.   Tough to wash out of clothing.

I think of soot as what gets on the sides of your fireplace when you burn logs. And soot, as from the black residue that comes from cruise ship smokestacks. I may be thinking of it wrong, but what we get is piles of dark colored fine particles, that are more like ash, after you have a fire. And they turn into muck, when you hose them off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

They're also smaller than I expected at 4 inches wide by 3 1/4 inches high by 2 inches deep.  Were the older blocks the same size?  

The new blocks are actually a little larger. The old blocks are not all the same size either. I think we have about 8. But I pulled an easily accessible, random Voyager block, and had former QC husband measure it and it is 3 7/8 inches wide by 3 1/8 inches high by 2 inches deep. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We were just there in may for Rod Stewart  and the traffic on the strip was horrendous. Where did you stay? 

We just missed you then.  We stayed at the Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacation hotel.  I didn’t mention about the traffic or the crowd.  I agree.  The traffic on the strip was crazy.  We walked everywhere though.  It was so crowded.  I wouldn’t want to be driving.  Where did you stay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When I stepped out last night, I smelled wood burning. I was wondering which one of my neighbors installed a fire pit but I guess it was the wilderness fires? 

Today was weird. Thick haze all day. Sunset lit it up in bright orange.  Looked very post-apocalyptic.   @Coralc & @NHProud is that how it typically is in California? 

This was at NOON when it was really bad one year from the Camp Fire that destroyed Paradise. The street lights were on at noon, and there was ash everywhere. 

9-9 smoky day.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Did you see what I posted to you on the Belle thread ? 

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

With everyone talking about their upcoming cruises, I found myself wishing for some of those island times and good vibes.  So this was the closest I could come. 

IMG_7474.thumb.jpeg.fcb5d368536a5b60241203912b2f670e.jpeg

Dinner tonight was an ultimate pina colada 

IMG_7477.thumb.jpeg.2f92b04b3ca755c742f0e7bea9115e58.jpeg

A jerk chicken pineapple bowl. 

IMG_7479.thumb.jpeg.3a8f49587f4deeac6434ece9ee686b7d.jpeg

They were both very good.  

Looks like Bahama Breeze, my favorite

Bahama Breeze | Caribbean Restaurant & Grill

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That is a pretty good description.  My most vivid memory is from a fire north of Los Angeles. I could see the flames from my second story window. Another time I was driving down the street and could see the flames in Simi Valley .  Thankfully nothing in the last decade where I now reside . 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

How’s about some opera?  Rondine al Nido

79D77EF7-7472-436A-A757-34041AA665EB.MOV 351.97 MB · 0 downloads  

And then Con Te Partiro

D681A78A-821A-4A16-8979-3CFF4008E0BF.MOV 458.41 MB · 0 downloads  

Amazing. I love the music. That water show must be so impressive to see in person.

• Like 3