Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes.  I can't remember if others were with us but there was 5 of us. @brillohead, me and Sharon,  and the couple that cruise with us.  You might remember but the next week Debbi went again and came back with a couple drunk ladies that she helped make it back to the ship.

Yes, that would be the going rate for 5 has always been a sliding scale in Roatan.  More expensive for a solo or couple only.

• Like 1

I know that some of you (me included), have a drone.  If you've ever wanted a drone for photos/videos, but didn't want the complexity of a drone, I just learned of a new "drone" that may be for you.  It's called the HoverAir X1.  They don't even like to call it a drone, but rather a flying selfie stick.  There's no controller (although you can manually control it from your mobile phone if you want)...it's fully autonomous.  Turn on the power, pick a mode like hover/follow/orbit, and it takes off from the palm of your hand.  No skill needed.  The X1 use AI to identify you as the subject and executes its mode, like hovering in front of you or following behind you.  Hold out your hand palm up when done and it lands on your hand.  It's extremely lightweight and folds when not in use to make it very easy to carry.  Because of its small size and weight, you aren't subject to regular drone regulations in the US (I think...do your own research before buying).

I've not used it personally but the reviews that I've seen are very positive, for what's it's intended to do (i.e. it's not a DJI Mavic).  The only negative to me is the price at $400 with 2 batteries and charger.  Still, if you want something that's very easy to use and can capture some interesting pictures/videos from your travels, the X1 looks like an interesting option.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now I'm lost. However, I love the song.

What you get when the grandson leaves after spending 3 months with us. 

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

Grandson back in California ? 

Yes he is. I was shocked that there were 50 empty seats on their direct flight back to San Francisco.  Every flight we have been on has been full this year. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Looking forward to "Summer of Fun 4" 😘

He was already talking about next summer.  He left some books and other things behind, in anticipation of his return.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

What you get when the grandson leaves after spending 3 months with us. 

Wow. 3 months?!?

It barely feels like 3 weeks. Then again, I lose track of time easily. In my mind it's still mid-July, not end of Aug. 

I loved reading about Summer of Fun 3.0. You're like the grandparents I never had. 3 of the 4 passed before I was born. The 4th lived on Germany (my mom is from Germany). I did get to spend 3 summers in Germany as a child and looking back it was fun. But at the time I was too young to appreciate it. I was 5, 8 & 11 years old when I was there. The last trip I finally began to realize how lucky I was.

• Like 14

Minnie and Diana are trying to convince me it’s dinner time.  Which would be at 4 pm.  It was 3:49 when I took this picture.  Dinner really should be served to them at 5 pm but they don’t agree.  Enticements to getting me off the sofa include jumping from the floor onto my lap and from there thrusting off to the sofa back…oof.  And curling up on my chest depending on what I’m wearing.  Black top today so Diana was nominated.  Lint brush in my future.

IMG_5280.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some might remember pics I posted a couple years ago of a chest of drawers I built.  After building it I decided to modify the plans and build a TV stand.

While on the Hawaii cruise I mentioned to one of our friends that I started a TV stand and had never finished it. When we got back home he asked to finish it for us.  Today he delivered it! So nice.  He did a great job! 

20230818_210911.thumb.jpg.5ce7173e616d4348bf3bea369fb0ab78.jpg

Very nice!!  I really like the wood tone.  Blends nicely with your floors and the clock on the wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some might remember pics I posted a couple years ago of a chest of drawers I built.  After building it I decided to modify the plans and build a TV stand.

While on the Hawaii cruise I mentioned to one of our friends that I started a TV stand and had never finished it. When we got back home he asked to finish it for us.  Today he delivered it! So nice.  He did a great job! 

20230818_210911.thumb.jpg.5ce7173e616d4348bf3bea369fb0ab78.jpg

What a great idea you had!

It does make a great TV stand!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie and Diana are trying to convince me it’s dinner time.  Which would be at 4 pm.  It was 3:49 when I took this picture.  Dinner really should be served to them at 5 pm but they don’t agree.  Enticements to getting me off the sofa include jumping from the floor onto my lap and from there thrusting off to the sofa back…oof.  And curling up on my chest depending on what I’m wearing.  Black top today so Diana was nominated.  Lint brush in my future.

IMG_5280.jpeg

Lenoard doesn't really have a dinner time as there is always a bowl for him to nosh on. And since he's my stepdaughter cat, she keeps the bowl in her bedroom. 

But when it starts to get to low & she's not home, he'll find me, meow very loudly at me & then turn an run away. He'll stop & turn around to see if I'm following him. If not, he'll come back & meow at me again very loudly. Eventually I'll give in & follow him. Of course,  he'll always lead me to his bowl as if to say "See, it's not full enough.  I can see my reflection in the bottom ". (It's a metal bowl). 

There will be a plastic bowl in his near future. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 17

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Within the Auburn Botanical Gardens is a fauna section.D531B0F6-03F7-416A-8F69-7176E81C95A3.thumb.jpeg.513a5c69d7645b016952183975fc6e22.jpeg

60D6710C-4FA3-445D-910C-F475C17FA7D8.thumb.jpeg.7799e5256195ef51266ebff57c232faf.jpeg

4794AECC-6489-4475-9C3D-CB39367F9B9F.thumb.jpeg.ed4eac7933d59b4a9c0a32b5d4ca21ff.jpeg

ED49435F-5DED-4FD7-95E9-31D394C0FA97.thumb.jpeg.4e04a5f12767657525a2e97855d7121b.jpeg

9BEAEC1B-00A0-497F-B558-697F363E828B.thumb.jpeg.db74a813358dd02c5a0483b896d9a3d6.jpeg

This guy decided that my green phone cover looked tasty…CBF1F575-2B20-4136-A6D8-7ADB14DA6A91.thumb.jpeg.dd4dabee43190e6e7880100614bd5f9b.jpeg

42F57546-361F-48D4-A51A-C9031EB7BBE4.jpeg

You guys Down Under are so special with your flowers, birds, and animals!

I always enjoy your photos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

What a great idea you had!

It does make a great TV stand!

The picture doesn't do it justice.   The guy did such a professional job.  He installed soft touch drawers that close themselves when there is 2 inches to go.  The top surface is 1x5 maple wood that he used biscuits to hold together then framed them.  Here is a pic of the top.

20230819_170324.thumb.jpg.bea2ae617b08fc38a9884f7ab0dbe7dd.jpg

• Like 16

18 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

So I am in NC till Tuesday helping my sister move here from NJ.  I will try to stay caught up 🤣🤣

@Luckynana I saw this in NC for you!

80674185-BAD1-4BBB-AA79-D7555208F294.thumb.jpeg.cc1ba770fd12f61743ff6d72ad42b695.jpeg

Love the license plate!  Thank you for sharing, Jen!

What a good sister you are!

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

Have you asked the vet about Xanax?  I've been using it with Dexter (photo included for reference, because everyone else is posting cute pet photos!) for a decade now, it really helps him calm down. 

I was so mad at myself yesterday when I was at work -- I didn't know we were forecast for a thunderstorm, so I hadn't medicated Dexy before I left, and he was home alone during the storm.  Fortunately the storm only lasted about an hour, but I still felt like a bad mommy.  

IMG_20230626_125716953.thumb.jpg.99df900de7bd46f75d54065e47fe145c.jpg

First of all, Dexter is very handsome!  Secondly, don't beat yourself up about not knowing about the storm.  It's water under the bridge, as they say.  You're a good mommy!

I just asked my daughter and she said the Vet prescribed Trazadone (sp?).  It totally knocked Lola out, so she hasn't given it to her since.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I also thought of Debbie when I saw Taylor on the news this morning heading into a bar on LBI😉

• Like 2