Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of things.

As far as the comments on Live reviews I am not going to respond as to say a lot of us work hard in time to provide readers of this forum our experiences out at sea on a ship. We can’t control all the other comments and side chatter that people including those here post. I would hope that people would respect the original poster’s intention and not turn a live review into a free for all.

Good comments Greg... As someone who loves to read and has done live reviews as well I really appreciate your comments.  I've enjoyed doing them but I'm sure that not everyone cares for what I post.  That's what's so beautiful about liberty.  You get to choose what you read. 😉

Some live reviews I lose interest in and stop reading.  Some they are the first thing I go for when I open CC in the morning.  I tend to enjoy those by people who I have had interactions with on the forum more than just random ones but some random ones are great also. Some focus on, excursions, others on food or drinks.  Some on the shows.  Actually the diversity of focus is what makes following them interesting.  If they were all the same it would get very very boring. There's only so many pictures of a Chops steak that Im going to be interested in.

I've never met @A&L_Ont Andrew but feel like I know him and his great family through this thread and his many great "live" threads. Your @Sea Dog live threads have added a dimension and insight into you and your life.  Following John's many lives made me feel like we were really friends and when we meet IRL we'll pick up where we left off on the forum.  They add a flavor to the endless stream of tipping threads and MDR complaint threads that, if that was all there was, would kill this forum.

I think the average reader who has never done one doesn't realize the tremendous effort it takes to keep one going effectively.  Curating pictures, producing video on the fly and narrating events that are meaningful to such a diverse group is real work.  We enjoy it, that's why we do it, but it is work nonetheless.

I've got 2 weeks on Harmony coming up and there is no way I can do one on week 1 since we are traveling with DD, SIL and their 3 kids.  It's going to be a full time job just staying with that group day in and out but week 2 with just DW and I might get a live going.

I won't please everyone but that is what that little red x is for up in the corner.  

• Like 18

I don’t know how all y’all keep up here with all the pre holiday activity!

First off, Happy Hanukkah to all here who celebrate.

@Sea Dog Greg there’s nothing more I can add that the others haven’t already said regarding the “postponement” (not going to call it a cancellation) of your Beyond cruise.  I’m sure it was a tough decision but you and Linda will enjoy it so much more in good health.  Hope the knee is coming along. 

I was sorry to read the news that Singinalot/Crystal is no longer here in the CC universe.  Her reviews were wonderful and she will definitely be missed. 

Andy and I recently started watching How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix. We’re not big fans of regular network TV shows, but this one….wow.  I’m shocked it was even on a major network.  We’re a little more than halfway through the 6 seasons and are totally binge watching it.  I highly recommend it if you like cliffhangers. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm still on this week and next.

Day 2 a sea day was 90, unusual out of texas and a mere 91 in roatan. It rained so was cooler this week. Tomorrow costa maya. I've had enough excursions for a while. A couple of posters asked for a review of the cozumel one with the stingless honeybees. I've just been hot and tired lol. Interesting but wouldnt even be a real thing. A hive only produces 1 liter in a year. They have 17 species and small medium nd large. 

Tree skier and helen and marty board next week. Cant wait to see them. Forget her cc name.

What was turnaround like.  This will be our first B2B...

Helen's screen name is @FromSea2ShiningSea

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am going to call Randy Levine to congratulate him and your Yankees on the trade.For all the teams,especially the Mets believing that they will get Soto when he becomes a free agent next year my thought is that if he likes being a Yankee he will let the team extend him after the season.

Yankees gave up a lot of young talent for a 1 year rental.

I'm betting he is on a new team in 2025.

He likes to be in the spot light, He is going to be the highest paid player ever(more then Otani), just think he will get higher offers back in the National League( Cubs, Dodgers, San Fran)

I'm glad he is out of the National League for at least this year. He is a hot dog, they way he takes pitches and  kind of moves toward the pitcher. I love seeing him strike out. His defense isn't that good in the out field either.

Possibly the short porch in Right Field might ruin his swing, he might become  a bust this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Good comments Greg... As someone who loves to read and has done live reviews as well I really appreciate your comments.  I've enjoyed doing them but I'm sure that not everyone cares for what I post.  That's what's so beautiful about liberty.  You get to choose what you read. 😉

Some live reviews I lose interest in and stop reading.  Some they are the first thing I go for when I open CC in the morning.  I tend to enjoy those by people who I have had interactions with on the forum more than just random ones but some random ones are great also. Some focus on, excursions, others on food or drinks.  Some on the shows.  Actually the diversity of focus is what makes following them interesting.  If they were all the same it would get very very boring. There's only so many pictures of a Chops steak that Im going to be interested in.

I've never met @A&L_Ont Andrew but feel like I know him and his great family through this thread and his many great "live" threads. Your @Sea Dog live threads have added a dimension and insight into you and your life.  Following John's many lives made me feel like we were really friends and when we meet IRL we'll pick up where we left off on the forum.  They add a flavor to the endless stream of tipping threads and MDR complaint threads that, if that was all there was, would kill this forum.

I think the average reader who has never done one doesn't realize the tremendous effort it takes to keep one going effectively.  Curating pictures, producing video on the fly and narrating events that are meaningful to such a diverse group is real work.  We enjoy it, that's why we do it, but it is work nonetheless.

I've got 2 weeks on Harmony coming up and there is no way I can do one on week 1 since we are traveling with DD, SIL and their 3 kids.  It's going to be a full time job just staying with that group day in and out but week 2 with just DW and I might get a live going.

I won't please everyone but that is what that little red x is for up in the corner.  

Thanks Dave! I for one always love your reviews and your humor. If you feel like you can do it please do I will be following along.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is Virgin just starting out in the Australian market?  If so, hopefully this can be attributed to start-up issues and can work out the kinks quickly while training a new staff.

Fingers-crossed things only get better from here.

They have been in Australia for about one week.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am excited.  My Christmas gift this year is getting my kitchen redone (work starting after the holidays).  This wall is opening up and the frig is getting pushed down. Not a huge change but it will make me smile while I cook.  

Resized_20231207_100733.thumb.jpeg.98de6e45abf399c6ed3a2f591ce683e5.jpeg

You will have to post after pictures, too. Because I don't quite understand. How do they push the refrigerator down? And which wall? ☺️

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What was turnaround like.  This will be our first B2B...

Helen's screen name is @FromSea2ShiningSea

Got the same letter as last week. Turnaround was in the front of the theater. First they passed out the new cards, then coast guard came onboard and checked passports in the theater. Finally we had to get both both and ding one out and one in at a thing they set up near the theater.

Dumb dumb here I got my cards mixed up, found muster but had last weeks card and it was such a long walk back to my cabin, i was tired of walking by then. Get my new card to check in for muster. Also was locked out of my cabin but luckily my steward let me in.

Turn around lunch was short ribs. Mine were perfect. 2 sprigs of asparagus and 2 carrots and some lumpy mashed potatoes just how i like them. Big slice of key lime, not that little tart. I had shrimp cocktail as my appetizer. 

Lunch was at 1130, not noon but it said 1130 to noon for those who were late. Lunch imo was excellent. I can screen shoot the letter for turn around and lunch, but you didnt have to get off the ship this time. 242 I think they said doing turn around. I have the letter for sunday already.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Phew.  I think I've successfully tip toed around any posts that are Survivor related such that I still don't know who went home.  Micheline flies back here tomorrow and I'm waiting until she gets home before watching.  

We watched last week’s episode last night will watch this week’s sometime this weekend. Just had my second root canal in 3 weeks, they’re not as bad as they used to be . Shelagh is improving daily sounds much better today,  Now I need to book a MSc yacht club cruise to add on to my celebrity cruise for next year.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You will have to post after pictures, too. Because I don't quite understand. How do they push the refrigerator down? And which wall? ☺️

@KeksieMight help too to go with a counter depth refrigerator to if you can get by with that and have an additional fridge somewhere else. garage?

What is currently on the floor, how will that be matched up with what is out in the living room area? Going to open concept is the way to go as you are doing.

Will there be room for an island?

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Dave! I for one always love your reviews and your humor. If you feel like you can do it please do I will be following along.

I said I would do a review and especially of my excursion. I just dont have the energy tbh. There has been some fabulous food imo and some new foods I've never seen. I just couldnt do what you do. I read yours, and at home I think sure ... now I'm onboard and it's been so hot. I dont seem to tolerate heat as well as I used to.

This week I had short ribs for turn around then day 2 cheers with a officer, for D+ was moved because too many pinnacles, usually day 3. Fillet mignon vs on allure was rib eye for D+. Not one complaint about how steak was cooked either week. Fabulous steak. Then day 3 I went to izumi. And next week I'm doing izumi and wonderland and booked Jamie's for lunch day 7 with helen and marty .. and my refrigerator is full with 2 fruit cakes helen asked me to pick up at the bakery in corsicana.. no room for drinks. Ha when she gets on I'm ready to give them to her so I can put stuff in my refrigerator. Collins street bakery has $10 off if I bought 2, so she said sure buy 2. I got them stacked end to end in front of the shelves. Lol. 

Even my lobster was good. My favorite app is that night the avacado citrus salad, I asked for double but they sure skimped on the avacado ha! Oh I'm doing wonderland next week day 4. I'm going to be so fooded out. Hvent had any lunch yet, just coffee. I'm getting to where I cant eat ny more. Lol. But overall food has been good. A few misses. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yankees gave up a lot of young talent for a 1 year rental.

I'm betting he is on a new team in 2025.

He likes to be in the spot light, He is going to be the highest paid player ever(more then Otani), just think he will get higher offers back in the National League( Cubs, Dodgers, San Fran)

I'm glad he is out of the National League for at least this year. He is a hot dog, they way he takes pitches and  kind of moves toward the pitcher. I love seeing him strike out. His defense isn't that good in the out field either.

Possibly the short porch in Right Field might ruin his swing, he might become  a bust this year.

He may have trouble fielding in Yankee Stadium.I agree that the Yankees gave up too much .I think they were pressured by their fans and the media because the once great Yankees did not win the World Series in about 15 years.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@KeksieMight help too to go with a counter depth refrigerator to if you can get by with that and have an additional fridge somewhere else. garage?

What is currently on the floor, how will that be matched up with what is out in the living room area? Going to open concept is the way to go as you are doing.

Will there be room for an island?

I second the idea of having 2 fridges.  We have an undercounter fridge in our bar area that is used for soft drinks, juices, wine, beer, limes, etc.  This frees up a lot of space in the "main" fridge.  If that's not practical in your floor plan, a cheap, full-sized fridge in the garage or basement is also a good idea.  The full-sized garage/basement fridge has the added advantage of a freezer where you can store a lot of ice.  We never seem to have enough ice when we have a party.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I said I would do a review and especially of my excursion. I just dont have the energy tbh. There has been some fabulous food imo and some new foods I've never seen. I just couldnt do what you do. I read yours, and at home I think sure ... now I'm onboard and it's been so hot. I dont seem to tolerate heat as well as I used to.

This week I had short ribs for turn around then day 2 cheers with a officer, for D+ was moved because too many pinnacles, usually day 3. Fillet mignon vs on allure was rib eye for D+. Not one complaint about how steak was cooked either week. Fabulous steak. Then day 3 I went to izumi. And next week I'm doing izumi and wonderland and booked Jamie's for lunch day 7 with helen and marty .. and my refrigerator is full with 2 fruit cakes helen asked me to pick up at the bakery in corsicana.. no room for drinks. Ha when she gets on I'm ready to give them to her so I can put stuff in my refrigerator. Collins street bakery has $10 off if I bought 2, so she said sure buy 2. I got them stacked end to end in front of the shelves. Lol. 

Even my lobster was good. My favorite app is that night the avacado citrus salad, I asked for double but they sure skimped on the avacado ha! Oh I'm doing wonderland next week day 4. I'm going to be so fooded out. Hvent had any lunch yet, just coffee. I'm getting to where I cant eat ny more. Lol. But overall food has been good. A few misses. 

We liked Jamie’s for both lunch and dinner , on wonderland I made the mistake of ordering the fish which wonderland deeped fried , I heard short ribs there were great .

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I second the idea of having 2 fridges.  We have an undercounter fridge in our bar area that is used for soft drinks, juices, wine, beer, limes, etc.  This frees up a lot of space in the "main" fridge.  If that's not practical in your floor plan, a cheap, full-sized fridge in the garage or basement is also a good idea.  The full-sized garage/basement fridge has the added advantage of a freezer where you can store a lot of ice.  We never seem to have enough ice when we have a party.

We have 2 fridges,one in the kitchen and 1 in the garage.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I love to take advantage of every meal opportunity when I cruise!

Dick would eat every meal in Windjammer, I would eat every meal in a specialty restaurant. 
We compromise with dinner in the MDR. 

I’m enjoying your meals vicariously!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love to take advantage of every meal opportunity when I cruise!

Dick would eat every meal in Windjammer, I would eat every meal in a specialty restaurant. 
We compromise with dinner in the MDR. 

I’m enjoying your meals vicariously!

We do MDR 99% of the time ,0 % in the Windjammer ,occasionally in a Specialty restaurant if it is a cuisine we like .We booked a cruise with a TA in 2018.It was a 14 night cruise and she offered 12 Specialty restaurant dinners.That was the only time we opted to not eat in the MDR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

To the left of the frig is an opening.  We don't really ever use that opening since there is an opening to the dining room and a big opening out of the picture to the back of me.  We are going to build a wall in the opening and push the frig down to that area.  Then where the frig is there will be 2 feet of wall left to hide the microwave.  The rest of the wall will be cut down to just above counter height, giving an open feeling and allowing whoever is in the kitchen full view of the living room.  Where the microwave is now will become a coffee bar.  It won't be a huge redo but will make a big difference in the feeling of the kitchen and when I am working on the island (which I do a lot) I will feel more a part of the family.  I will be able to watch Hallmark while I make Christmas cookies. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is Virgin just starting out in the Australian market?  If so, hopefully this can be attributed to start-up issues and can work out the kinks quickly while training a new staff.

Fingers-crossed things only get better from here.

Yes, Resilient lady sailed  into Sydney (from Athens) for its first ever season on Monday.  🤞

• Like 2