Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

No, I don't remember him which is odd because I used to watch a lot of Yankee games on TV back then. It was during their "dynasty" years.  I had to look him up. Seems like he only pitched as a reliever sporadically in a few games over a period of couple of months, got injured and was never able to come back.  Certainly not enough to leave an impression.

Aha.I do not recall seeing him play but I was familiar with him .

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

Thank you to all those who wished "Happy Hanukah" -- @grapau27, @sgmn, @akcruz, @Sunshine3601, @lenquixote66, @jagsfan, @MJSailors, @jmh2006, @NHProud, @DaniDanielle, @BonTexasNY, @A&L_Ont, @h20skibum, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie, @Tree_skier (Dave, enjoy the chants and the lights, and, of course, the traditional "donats") and last, but not least Greg @Sea Dog -- so sorry you had to cancel the Beyond cruise, but, sometimes, maybe there is something else better that you might get late in the future 😘

Hopefully you are able to celebrate our wonderful holiday.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

Thank you to all those who wished "Happy Hanukah" -- @grapau27, @sgmn, @akcruz, @Sunshine3601, @lenquixote66, @jagsfan, @MJSailors, @jmh2006, @NHProud, @DaniDanielle, @BonTexasNY, @A&L_Ont, @h20skibum, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie, @Tree_skier (Dave, enjoy the chants and the lights, and, of course, the traditional "donats") and last, but not least Greg @Sea Dog -- so sorry you had to cancel the Beyond cruise, but, sometimes, maybe there is something else better that you might get late in the future 😘

I am so sorry for what is happening.  Take care and stay safe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for all the Chanukah wishes.  How wonderful we can all acknowledge/share our holidays in here.

We had a wonderful Chanukah/Christmas tradition with  neighbors on our block for quite a few years.  Their daughter was my daughter's age when they met, all of 3 years old.  Every year, for about 10-12 years we would go to their house, admire their wonderful decorations, grab a few candy canes off the Christmas tree and the kids would exchange gifts.  Chanukah, the family would come to our home, kids would exchange gifts, eat latkes, jelly donuts and play the draydel game.  Those once 3 year olds are now in their mid 30s, married, each with 2 children and still keep in touch.

@Sea Dog Greg, Jack wanted me to thank you for posting the knee brace info in here.  It makes a difference when he wears it.  Definitely cuts down on some the pain.

When I was young every kid regardless of religion went to A&S in downtown Brooklyn to see Santa Claus .We all came home with a 5x7 picture of us with Santa Claus.

When my kids were young we took them every year to see Santa Claus at an area in Brooklyn where people came from all over the tri state area and still do.

• Like 4

Local total wine has 35 bottles of WL Weller 12 selling for 38 dollars, somehow I am a grand reserve member 😁, doubt I will try for this but seems like a great deal.

Just booked MSc yacht club for week after next thanksgiving 😁😁😁

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is where Twin Peaks as filmed.  I’d love to see it in person too. 

A vlogger I follow did an extensive video on locations. At 35 minutes in is the falls. If you loved Twin Peaks this is a great video to watch 

I was a huge Twin Peaks fan.I have an ID card identifying myself as a resident of Twin Peaks,every issue of the Twin Peaks Gazette and a book about the show.I also have a cassette by Julee Cruise who recorded the songs sung during the show.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was young every kid regardless of religion went to A&S in downtown Brooklyn to see Santa Claus .We all came home with a 5x7 picture of us with Santa Claus.

When my kids were young we took them every year to see Santa Claus at an area in Brooklyn where people came from all over the tri state area and still do.

I remember A&S in downtown Brooklyn very well.  As a kid, mom would take us to Mays, A&S and McRory's for a hot waffle ice cream sandwich. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I drive by the RR Diner (Mar-T Cafe, although now it's called something else, but still has the same sign on the corner) all the time going to see my brother...but I've never stopped in for a slice of cherry pie.

Anytime anyone asks what the best TV pilot ever is, the answer is always Twin Peaks.

Absolutely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember A&S in downtown Brooklyn very well.  As a kid, mom would take us to Mays, A&S and McRory's for a hot waffle ice cream sandwich. 

I remember sitting at the lunch counter eating the waffle ice cream sandwich.The summer after graduating HS I worked in Korvettes for the salary of $50.00 a week.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

First time I was in Brooklyn A&S was for a job interview, worked there in late 70’s to early 80’s , it was less than a mile from my apartment in Carrol Gardens.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, George C said:

Local total wine has 35 bottles of WL Weller 12 selling for 38 dollars, somehow I am a grand reserve member 😁, doubt I will try for this but seems like a great deal.

That's incredible, you should buy a bunch. I’ve only been able to get it once. If you buy a bunch I would be more than happy to buy one of them from you and pay for your time and shipping.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, George C said:

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's incredible, you should buy a bunch. I’ve only been able to get it once. If you buy a bunch I would be more than happy to buy one of them from you and pay for your time and shipping.

Same!!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would be limited to one bottle, if I got one I would like to try it and have it at home for my bourbon friends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I would be limited to one bottle, if I got one I would like to try it and have it at home for my bourbon friends.

Wishful thinking on my part. Most places do limit it to one bottle. You should try it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I drive by the RR Diner (Mar-T Cafe, although now it's called something else, but still has the same sign on the corner) all the time going to see my brother...but I've never stopped in for a slice of cherry pie.

Anytime anyone asks what the best TV pilot ever is, the answer is always Twin Peaks.

I have pictures of the RR Diner somewhere with the large mountain behind it. The Private tour guide took us there during our port stop in Seattle.

RR Diner now Twede's cafe I think are only about 5 miles  from Snoqualmie Falls/

I probably have it on a SD Card somewhere.

edit: HaHa Found it !

image.png.ed2d758799de0abfa58953c1fafc60f9.png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Going back to the shingles conversation, is it possible to have a mild case of shingles? About 7 or 8 years ago, I had a weird looking rash on my right side rib cage, a long ugly looking strip.  Didn't itch or hurt but after some prodding from family, I went to my doctor & as soon as he looked at it said "Yep, you have Shingles". Gave a prescription and within a week or two, it was gone. Never even got the pain medicine prescription filled as it there was no pain or itchiness.

I also don't remember having chicken pox as a child but apparently I must've.

Absolutely. I've seen mild presentations often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wishful thinking on my part. Most places do limit it to one bottle. You should try it.

Wife goes in gets a bottle, Neighbor goes in and gets a bottle, A friend goes in and gets a bottle. A guy pulls up in the Parking lot, he goes in and gets a bottle. Get the picture?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have pictures of the RR Diner somewhere with the large mountain behind it. The Private tour guide took us there during our port stop in Seattle.

RR Diner now Twede's cafe I think are only about 5 miles  from Snoqualmie Falls/

I probably have it on a SD Card somewhere.

edit: HaHa Found it !

image.png.ed2d758799de0abfa58953c1fafc60f9.png

That's awesome @Jimbo.  My brother lives just a few blocks from that corner.  

That is Mt. Si in the background.  Very popular area hike.  About 4 miles each way and over 3000' elevation. Here's a pic from his front yard, when we had a family celebration of life for our mom back in 2022.  

IMG_2683.thumb.JPG.009bff74dfcfcb031f94c497c7018d18.JPG

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

That's awesome @Jimbo.  My brother lives just a few blocks from that corner.  

That is Mt. Si in the background.  Very popular area hike.  About 4 miles each way and over 3000' elevation. Here's a pic from his front yard, when we had a family celebration of life for our mom back in 2022.  

IMG_2683.thumb.JPG.009bff74dfcfcb031f94c497c7018d18.JPG

Very Cool, thanks for sharing the pic.

• Like 3