Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Spirit of Christmas time...

This lady and her husband came into our shop yesterday about 2:00.  There's a direct door into my (shared) office, so she walked in and asked if we could make a roasting pan.  She had a little piece of paper with dimensions and all that.  She had someone lined up to make one but it fell through, and she went to a couple other places close by and they gave her the "we don't have the time" brush off.  I asked her when she needed it by...she looked down and kinda shyly said "Saturday??"

Being the Thursday before Christmas, we had plenty of people out early, and more not working today to make a longer weekend.  So I sent her over to our sales and production office, gave our salesman Mike a heads up that a very sweet lady was coming around with a huge ask and said to him if there's any way we can do something to make a good Christmas, let's make it happen.  I walked over to the other side of the shop and saw her talking to Mike.  Our folks were already on it.  Our programmer was drawing something up, our production supervisor was looking for a scrap piece of material we could make her pan out of, and our brake press operator was getting his brake set up.  Cindy (the lady) was tearing up....she told us that her husband was in stage 4 cancer, and this pan was for roasting a pig for a big party Sunday for his mom.  She asked how much it was going to cost, and we told her it won't cost you anything....Merry Christmas.  She cried some happy tears.  We told her we'd call her in the morning when it was done.  

So this morning one of our welders welded it up, put some handles on it.  She and her husband came in to pick it up....she brought cake for the gang. 

There are plenty of days in my job that really suck.  In the 21+ years I've been working here, this may be the best day I've ever had. 

That's gonna be some pig.

When you get a chance to make someone's Christmas...just do it 🙂  

IMG_4546.jpg.b8fa8129955e1d727ce7ac81357cd6de.jpg

Great Job!    Such a wonderful story and so kind of everyone to help her.   I love hearing these type of stories, especially after coming home from some errands this morning where everyone seems to be a bit stressed.    ❤️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stefan Batory said:

Husky 1987-Thanks for your reply.

My problems started around 2017-18.

I noticed my hands getting weak. But just put down as aging & my father had problems with his hands.

We went to Disney in Dec 2019 and I walked 8-9 miles a day with some leg and hip pain and had to rest often, but I did it.

Then the bowel problems started. In Feb 2020 I had an accident @ work. I went home, cleaned up, and went to the ER. I thought I had had a stroke.

After MRI's & Cat scans including being checked for cauda it was determined I had an impinged spinal cord @ C3-4. By the time of my decompression surgery in March 2020 my hands had turned into useless claws and I could no longer walk.

I regained most of my hand functions but they are still weak. I can walk again short distances with a cane and I use a walker for long distances- 100 yards @ most before my left leg goes numb except for extreme throbbing in my left knee. The knee was examined twice xrays, cat scans, mri's and it was determined the pain was neurological. More lumbar cat scans, xrays & mri's and I need L-3 to S1 decompression & fusion.

I go under the knife on Thursday. 

That sounds horrible.    I hope your surgery goes well Thursday and you have a speedy pain free recovery🙏

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 11:45 AM, Sea Dog said:

Also on prime is one of my favorite films about the origin of Santa Claus. It’s a Finnish film called “Christmas Story” not to be confused with Ralphie in “A Christmas Story.”

Check it  out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07LFNW61J/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

I liked it! I really liked it. Very different but well done.  Original, simple and refreshing story, breathtaking scenery without the extra typical Hollywood "bloat / glitter / things" (I can't think of the right  word).  The voice dubbing was a bit off-putting for the first few minutes but I quickly got used to it.   I do have an issue with how it ended but I don't want to ruin it for anyone that may want watch it but there was a certain leap forward that isn't well explained.  But really just a minor quibble that does not distract from the overall goodness of the movie.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I liked it! I really liked it. Very different but well done.  Original, simple and refreshing story, breathtaking scenery without the extra typical Hollywood "bloat / glitter / things" (I can't think of the right  word).  The voice dubbing was a bit off-putting for the first few minutes but I quickly got used to it.   I do have an issue with how it ended but I don't want to ruin it for anyone that may want watch it but there was a certain leap forward that isn't well explained.  But really just a minor quibble that does not distract from the overall goodness of the movie.

That was my feeling as well but I thoroughly loved this movie. Refreshing and very well done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Sitting here chilling with my new BFFs.

As others have posted, Port Everglades doesn't ask when is your official check in time as terminal 18 is humongous to seat thousands of people. Unlike San Pedro which has less than 200 seats so they have to be very strict on the check in time.

20231223_103255.thumb.jpg.10bba0f680cc20d6a14c4641a1cae489.jpg

20231223_104451.thumb.jpg.9534dbf580aaf51bb515376776b7260b.jpg

20231223_104355.thumb.jpg.a3326f19cddf7790b34568b63c253ce5.jpg

20231223_105018.thumb.jpg.f291f74e5382a5851837ed1480c796e8.jpg

Someday I want to take a Christmas cruise.  It sounds very relaxing.  Odyssey is one of our favorite ships.  Have a great time!

50 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Someday I want to take a Christmas cruise.  It sounds very relaxing.  Odyssey is one of our favorite ships.  Have a great time!

Thanks.

Loads of people for these Christmas cruises. I prefer the first week of December cruise more as it's cheaper and less crowded and still has the Holiday decors. 

20231223_145436.jpg

20231223_145717.jpg

Edited by harryfat1
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks.

Loads of people for these Christmas cruises. I prefer the first week of December cruise more as it's cheaper and less crowded and still has the Holiday decors.

That is so true the 1st week after Thanksgiving is traditionally  one of the lowest price wise weeks to cruise that there is.

We used to always cruise that week when we were younger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know this is the time when people start getting very busy for the holiday. So before some start spending less time here I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. However you spend the day I hope it is joyful and peaceful....

FB_IMG_1701970260366.thumb.jpg.013007832cd2bb5535591ccf151f0a91.jpg

Merry Christmas wished to you my friend.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Spirit of Christmas time...

This lady and her husband came into our shop yesterday about 2:00.  There's a direct door into my (shared) office, so she walked in and asked if we could make a roasting pan.  She had a little piece of paper with dimensions and all that.  She had someone lined up to make one but it fell through, and she went to a couple other places close by and they gave her the "we don't have the time" brush off.  I asked her when she needed it by...she looked down and kinda shyly said "Saturday??"

Being the Thursday before Christmas, we had plenty of people out early, and more not working today to make a longer weekend.  So I sent her over to our sales and production office, gave our salesman Mike a heads up that a very sweet lady was coming around with a huge ask and said to him if there's any way we can do something to make a good Christmas, let's make it happen.  I walked over to the other side of the shop and saw her talking to Mike.  Our folks were already on it.  Our programmer was drawing something up, our production supervisor was looking for a scrap piece of material we could make her pan out of, and our brake press operator was getting his brake set up.  Cindy (the lady) was tearing up....she told us that her husband was in stage 4 cancer, and this pan was for roasting a pig for a big party Sunday for his mom.  She asked how much it was going to cost, and we told her it won't cost you anything....Merry Christmas.  She cried some happy tears.  We told her we'd call her in the morning when it was done.  

So this morning one of our welders welded it up, put some handles on it.  She and her husband came in to pick it up....she brought cake for the gang. 

There are plenty of days in my job that really suck.  In the 21+ years I've been working here, this may be the best day I've ever had. 

That's gonna be some pig.

When you get a chance to make someone's Christmas...just do it 🙂  

What a story. You and your coworkers were meant to meet this lady and her husband.  

Now, I wish we were invited to join her for some of the pig. 😋

• Like 3

Anyone ever wonder how many times the bad guys in Home Alone could have succumbed from their injuries?  I guess I wasn’t the first, thanks to Google. 

I guess you can figure out what I’m watching right now. 

IMG_3300.thumb.jpeg.03436aede5b3c283fafda931ef247dbb.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That is so true the 1st week after Thanksgiving is traditionally  one of the lowest price wise weeks to cruise that there is.

We used to always cruise that week when we were younger.

We moved from thanksgiving week to week after and we’re able to book suites for almost same price, this was almost ten years ago.

• Like 1

Sending good wishes at Christmas to all who post here.-

For those who are missing a loved one at their holiday table, I wish you peaceful hearts and good memories.

For those dealing with health issues and upcoming surgeries, I wish you successful outcomes,  healing recoveries and good days in the new year.

For those travelling now or later, I wish you adventures full of enjoyment, wonder and safety.

For those who are raising children, I wish you patience and courage as you keep them in your heart while letting them discover what life offers them.

For everyone who is dealing with the ups and downs of life, I wish you compassionate people in your life to help

get you through the rough spots and celebrate with you during the good times.

I just read over my wish list for all

who post here. It occurred to me that those are wishes for everyday, not only at Christmas !

So, happy Christmas and wishes to all for a peaceful and healthy new year.

MJ 🧑‍🎄 

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.96a1f6898cdb847cdfe27b16c79d3eae.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7