Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume that nobody who posts here will be in Times Square tonight

I heard math teachers like to celebrate the New Year in Times Square. 

To me this place seems to always drop the ball.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Haha 16

We did an early night with another couple but are home now.  DH is already asleep on the couch.  I’ll wake him for the ball drop in NYC and then head to bed.  

I’d have loved to have been on the WC tonight and viewed the fireworks from the ship.  No way we will ever go to NYC for New Years for all the previous listed reasons.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Got to watch my Eagles at Home but wish I hadn't seen it now. 😞  The Eagles are playing terrible. They will be one and done foe sure when the playoffs start. Very Disappointing!

Scored 31 points today, a good Playoff team ought to win games scoring 31 points but their Defense Sucks this year !

I called my Sister up  in NJ and we used Facebook Calling for me to see the game, pointing her lap top at her TV In NJ. Not the greatest picture but I could see and hear what was going on.

Watched the game on my desk top Computer Monitor.

20231231_141132.jpg

20231231_141140.jpg

I had the RedZone on in the Airstream, as I was hooking up the wifi network hub and installing the Tire pressure monitoring system, and I must say, I did not hate what was happening to my beloved childhood Cardinals team.  They used to be in ST Louis, and while KC had a good football team I was a Cardinals fan.  I have an autograph football with all of the stars signatures from the 1973 Cardinals team.  A handful of HOF members.  The Don Coreyell years and Terry Metcalf were the peak  time. The peak was pretty much beating the Cowboys and going to the playoffs and losing in the first round. 

• Like 2

I made it back home to California from Fort Lauderdale but my luggage went to New Jersey instead...

Filed a claim at SFO with Jetblue for my missing luggage and now we will see how many days before they can find it or should I say IF they can find it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

I made it back home to California from Fort Lauderdale but my luggage went to New Jersey instead...

Filed a claim at SFO with Jetblue for my missing luggage and now we will see how many days before they can find it or should I say IF they can find it...

That stinks. We had that problem on a SW flight from New Orleans. We went to lost luggage at OAK, before we left the airport, and they brought them the next day to our home. That is surprising that they lost it on a direct flight, though. 🙄 I keep thinking more about air tags. I hope they are recovered and returned soon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

Happy 2024, everyone.  We went to the Billy Joel concert at the UBS Arena, New York 

Photo taken at midnight.  Concert was great. 20240101_000103.thumb.jpg.c656f9fc6b30961357260dae421a25c9.jpg

That is kind of a lot of people. Happy New Year. Thanks for the photo. ☺️(they look like moss. <jk>) Because there are so many people with the green lighting. 

That is why Bill wanted to see Kenny Chesney at a smaller venue in Lake Tahoe. I can definitely see why now. I am way over arena shows. Too many people. 🙄

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

I seem to of somehow skipped some pages so I hope everyone is well. 

Wishing everyone on Dani's thread a Very Happy New Year and wishing for peace, happiness and healing for our World 🌎 🙏 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

Happy 2024, everyone.  We went to the Billy Joel concert at the UBS Arena, New York 

What a fun night. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for the good thoughts all! Merida (my cat) is doing a lot better today. Peed and pooped, ate something, and is drinking water. And she even hopped up on the bed for snuggles which she hadn’t done since she was sluggish. 

Happy New Year everyone!

This is great news. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for the good thoughts all! Merida (my cat) is doing a lot better today. Peed and pooped, ate something, and is drinking water. And she even hopped up on the bed for snuggles which she hadn’t done since she was sluggish. 

Happy New Year everyone!

That is good.  I would still get her in to your regular vet for bloodwork.  Just to rule out anything funny going on.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mets07 said:

Photo taken at midnight.  Concert was great. 20240101_000103.thumb.jpg.c656f9fc6b30961357260dae421a25c9.jpg

Looks like fun.  Can't wait to do the same thing in 11 days, only earlier in the night and at MSG.

How was the sound level?  Micheline is worried that it will be too loud.  She'll definitely have her Loop earplugs with her just in case.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, George C said:

We are extremely happy , went to the sports bar that is the official Buffalo Bills fan club, 90 percent of the customers are wearing some Buffalo Bills shirts or hats or pants or all three. This was first time we got there early enough to get bar seats over a dozen TVs , almost all on the Bills game , but a couple on miami, fish lost badly to ravens and Bills won after a bad start . So bills vs Miami for the afc east title next weekend. Bar also had some great buffalo wings 😁 and a great bar staff.

Another ugly win, but a win.  It's always fun watching with a lot of other Mafia.  We had about 60 yesterday.  

Huge game next weekend.  A win over the Dolphins gives the Bills the AFC East title and the 2 seed in the conference.  A loss and they could still miss the playoffs.  Crazy.  

• Like 1

I need help.with what to do in Nassau in May.  We were going to Blue Lagoon but that has removed from the excursions.  We just want a nice beach day with amenities.  Bathrooms, food and drink to purchase.  Chairs with shade, and snorkeling would be a  plus.  Never having been there I have no idea of where to go and how to get there.  Any ideas will be appreciated.