Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Is anyone besides me on the oasis b2b. What are you guys doing in between?

If you are talking about Bella 3 and 3.5 we are only on 3.

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

So you will fly back twice? 

I'm already worried sw will lose my luggage lol. 

Yes when we looked at Ascent we knew it was only a couple of months after Bella 3 and that’s why we didn’t book the B2B.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I have bookmarked the 2026 Ascent sailing and will think about it. In order to get the group rate we have to take the beverage pkg and wifi included, which we do not need. We just need cruise only and no group rates for that. So will think about it closer to the time. It is still so far away!

Arzeena, just my 2 cents. We also don't need the beverage pkg and wifi, but with the group rates and the refundable deposit, you might want to "reconsider", since, sometimes, the savings of group rates are so considerable, that you actually get those two almost free.

We're "elite" on Celebrity and can get some drinks free between 5-7. We always use the perk for mineral & sparkling water. But, with the beverage pkg we didn't need to wait for this "window of opportunity" (sometimes we were late from an excursion and missed the "window" altogether).

Beside, DH likes a cappuccino (or two) and even an occasional glass of wine for dinner...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Getting ready to leave for my hernia surgery.  

Thank you all for your good luck wishes.  Although I didn't post a thank you individually, please know each of your posts were read with deep appreciation.

@firefly333 Jane, so glad your cateract surgery went well.  Oh those drops were a challenge even with Jack helping. Good luck on your move.

@Ozark_Kid Kenzie's Happy Birthday Dani video warmed my heart.  Such a sweetie.

@dani negreanu Dani, shuwarma is my all time favorite food to eat in Israel.  Yours looked exceptionally tasty.  So glad to see you enjoying a bit of normalcy.

@Sea Dog Greg, how are you feeling post op? How is the  knee doing?  You have wonderful cruises to look forward to.

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, your DC pictures are delightful.  Andrew is growing up so handsome.

I haven't seen  @brillohead Debbi post in quite some time.  Hope all is well.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wishing you the best in your surgery.  Hope all goes well, and you have a speedy recovery.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our granddaughter won Artist of the Month award for this.  

IMG_0823.jpeg.31b831ffc104a2e36b689c3a17d20e94.jpeg

I think she did pretty good for a third grader.  Now I have to have her make a new one for me.  

She was doing some amusing interpretations of famous paintings in her sketchbook, when we had her out to dinner.  

Having snails appear as the Mona Lisa, the Scream, The last supper, American Gothic, and, of course, Dogs playing poker.  

• Like 26

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you ! This must be a mathematically inclined group of CPAs , engineers and obviously mathematicians to be referring to cruises in decimals.  

Thank you for your help ! 

Or cruise junkies. 🤩

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think she did pretty good for a third grader.  Now I have to have her make a new one for me.  

She was doing some amusing interpretations of famous paintings in her sketchbook, when we had her out to dinner.  

Having snails appear as the Mona Lisa, the Scream, The last supper, American Gothic, and, of course, Dogs playing poker.  

That is amazing. 

• Like 2

Last weekend, Susan and I went new car shopping.  More cars on the lots, and some dealers were actually having some deals again.  We were going to replace our 13 RAV4 with a 24 RAV4.

We found a dealer that had 4 of the Premiums on the lot, but only two of which we would consider.  A dark gray, or a black one, both with black interiors.  So, we get to the dealer, and they try to find the gray one.   No one could find it, and they didn’t know where it was.  We drove the black one, but told the dealer it was really at the bottom of my color list, because they are so hard to keep clean.  Of course, then Susan mentions she would really like a white one better than the gray they couldn’t find. 

So they did some searching, and found a white one with the same package and options on another dealer’s lot.  They got that one for us, and we picked it up yesterday.

I called our insurance company to let them know we replaced that vehicle.  I was shocked when they gave us the new insurance numbers.  Buying that new vehicle, and it went down by $3.   

If I keep saving money like that, I may be able to book that Sea Dog cruise. 😂

• Like 9
  • Haha 15

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Buying that new vehicle, and it went down by $3.   

If I keep saving money like that, I may be able to book that Sea Dog cruise. 😂

Look at you saving money. 😉😂

Joking aside congrats on the new ride, hard to beat a new car. Are trade in values still strong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

That's impressive for any age, especially a third grader.  She's got talent.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You are right.  I’ve missed her posts. 

Has anyone seen @Jimbo lately/? I have not seen him post in the last week. 

That usually means one thing and it begins with an "M" 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you all for your good luck wishes.  Although I didn't post a thank you individually, please know each of your posts were read with deep appreciation.

@firefly333 Jane, so glad your cateract surgery went well.  Oh those drops were a challenge even with Jack helping. Good luck on your move.

@Ozark_Kid Kenzie's Happy Birthday Dani video warmed my heart.  Such a sweetie.

@dani negreanu Dani, shuwarma is my all time favorite food to eat in Israel.  Yours looked exceptionally tasty.  So glad to see you enjoying a bit of normalcy.

@Sea Dog Greg, how are you feeling post op? How is the  knee doing?  You have wonderful cruises to look forward to.

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, your DC pictures are delightful.  Andrew is growing up so handsome.

I haven't seen  @brillohead Debbi post in quite some time.  Hope all is well.

Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1