Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Baldacci and Grisham are two of my favorite authors.  Both of their newest books are on hold at my library.

Just finished Grisham’s newest.  I enjoyed it, very interesting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. I'll celebrate by trying to find a way to forget that I'm another year older.😁

Kraken works for me!😜

• Like 6

Wife just left to have her nails done ( 9 of them anyway) and now we have high winds thunderstorms and pouring rain again , so far our large tree s ok will get it trimmed soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

Wife just left to have her nails done ( 9 of them anyway) and now we have high winds thunderstorms and pouring rain again , so far our large tree s ok will get it trimmed soon.

Stay safe out there George. Storms came through our neck of the woods last night but nothing too severe.

• Like 1

What to do, when it is time to order a drink, and you can’t make up your mind?   

Plus Susan gave me her shot.  (Maybe for enduring her constant bath changes)

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.7ad009b83739236cbe9c506207000850.jpeg

Some food to go with it. 

IMG_1237.thumb.jpeg.f18fe41a19c57194e03bee9b28889980.jpeg

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What to do, when it is time to order a drink, and you can’t make up your mind?   

Plus Susan gave me her shot.  (Maybe for enduring her constant bath changes)

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.7ad009b83739236cbe9c506207000850.jpeg

Some food to go with it. 

IMG_1237.thumb.jpeg.f18fe41a19c57194e03bee9b28889980.jpeg

Looks wonderful. That King Carnival looks interesting how did it taste?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks very much. Awesome weather. I'm reading this at the beach.🙂 Barely a ripple in the ocean.

20240601_104131.thumb.jpg.6eefa55279ca0c97b32fac66dbc66e62.jpg

No toes? Must be pre-pedicure.  @Arzeena

Happy Birthday & congrats on another year of becoming more wiser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks very much. Awesome weather. I'm reading this at the beach.🙂 Barely a ripple in the ocean.

20240601_104131.thumb.jpg.6eefa55279ca0c97b32fac66dbc66e62.jpg

Happy Birthday, great way to spend the day 🥂🎂🎉

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Nightmare!!!

@firefly333  I hope things get smoother for you soon... 

@Ocean Boy Happy birthday Doctor.  You're not getting older, you're getting better. 🙂 

Things arent going bad really, just hot hot hot but I'm starting to relax. A lot of miscommunication with movers. Like them hanging up empty hangers in the wardrobe boxes and wasting space. And what is a partial pack. I thought it was packing part of my little stuff.

I'm here and safe and moved yesterday into a extended stay with fancy suites. 3 extended stays here, only this one had the suites. So other than the moving truck taking so long it's mostly all good. I got out of dallas just in front of the tornadoes so consider that extra extra lucky and might be why the truck is taking so long, no power where I left from for days after. And every hotel I've stayed in has been extra nice. Though I really loved that one in Tallahassee the best, cutest ever. I've have stayed longer had I understood it could be up to 12 BUSINESS days. I've have paid the extra $1500.

What has surprised me are the businesses along the 520 road that goes from i95 over to the beach, the next road south from the one that goes by the cruise port. In dallas I'd only seen a tatoo parlor one time down in east dallas. Here they seem prolific. One shopping centre, 3 in row all say tatooes across the front. Never seen so many tatoo parlours. Also I understand weed is only legal for medicinal? I was surprised to see a store front for a weed store, never saw in dallas. It's just different but 2nd time thru looked better, just had come in the more northern  route last time, never across the 2nd route south that is the fastest way to orlando airport looks like. And I love the condo. I hated the house I bought, but my dad wanted me 5 minutes away or I'd never had chosen that house, so I would have moved no matter what when they passed. I doubt anyone here thinks moving a whole house solo is their idea of fun. I got a whole kitchen here and a premium suite with a comfy arm chair. Nice desk. Nkw it's just a matter of waiting for the moving truck. I just didnt expect up to 12 BUSINESS days .. but I needed some rest and the temperature is down from last week. Nothing really bad. And im so happy with the new condo. I know who buys a condo sight unseen on the word and movies of a trusted realtor. I had it painted and super cleaned before i arrived. Other than them taking down a elevator the day i arrived, it's super, just want it over with. Walls are all now agreeable grey lol. And super clean. 

This picture is in person the day I arrived. Just ready for this move to be done. Water doesnt look very blue here, I guess depends on time of day. But this is my own picture. 

20240529_134155.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, George C said:

I got out just in time. I was so lucky to leave late last monday. Even if it was 97 degrees, I got out before the storms. And tornadoes.. sorry you are still going thru it. I think I did the right thing for me leaving dallas. I was just there for family. Thanks for the reminder. I do think that's why the truck behind me with my stuff is taking so long. I just need to be patient. 

Sorry about the dallas weather you are still enduring. So hot!

• Like 2

Lots going on so haven’t been able to be around much but thought I’d check in with a house update.  

We have flooring, carpets, and cabinets all installed.  Doors and trim finishing up this weekend..  Electrical coming Monday for lighting and finish work.  Then plumbing and HVAC finish.  Then the final touches - closet shelves, towel racks, touch up paint, etc. 

If all goes well, contractor has given us a tentative finish date of 6/15!  I’ve got appliances being delivered 6/17, and then we’ll take a couple weeks to (finally!!) move back home.  

IMG_4750.thumb.jpeg.aa1e23a8d32914097e4213afbf8db784.jpegIMG_4751.thumb.jpeg.6c6d954105e08b4d1628f54d906ba3f5.jpegIMG_4752.thumb.jpeg.92365c8306b42abd630aa8858931eb3c.jpeg

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got out just in time. I was so lucky to leave late last monday. Even if it was 97 degrees, I got out before the storms. And tornadoes.. sorry you are still going thru it. I think I did the right thing for me leaving dallas. I was just there for family. Thanks for the reminder. I do think that's why the truck behind me with my stuff is taking so long. I just need to be patient. 

Sorry about the dallas weather you are still enduring. So hot!

I was planning on driving to Dallas that same Monday...  So glad I changed my plans.  I'm heading north now instead and will be in Oregon for June and part of July... Maybe longer, who knows for sure.  I'm leaving tomorrow.

DW wants a Tesla.  I told her we'd look after we got back from OR.  I'm skeptical but she is really sold on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

And what is a partial pack. I thought it was packing part of my little stuff.

I am assuming a partial pack means you only have a part load and are sharing with others which is perhaps why it is taking so long? If so, they should have made that clear. 

you will feel better when you stuff arrives and you can relax in your own place.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Lots going on so haven’t been able to be around much but thought I’d check in with a house update.  

We have flooring, carpets, and cabinets all installed.  Doors and trim finishing up this weekend..  Electrical coming Monday for lighting and finish work.  Then plumbing and HVAC finish.  Then the final touches - closet shelves, towel racks, touch up paint, etc. 

If all goes well, contractor has given us a tentative finish date of 6/15!  I’ve got appliances being delivered 6/17, and then we’ll take a couple weeks to (finally!!) move back home.  

IMG_4750.thumb.jpeg.aa1e23a8d32914097e4213afbf8db784.jpegIMG_4751.thumb.jpeg.6c6d954105e08b4d1628f54d906ba3f5.jpegIMG_4752.thumb.jpeg.92365c8306b42abd630aa8858931eb3c.jpeg

We have that same blue ish paint our bedroom.  looks great!😊 

@Husky1987

@Sea Dog

Have you tried Liberty Pole Wheated Bourbon?  They are in Washington PA.  

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 2