Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@jagsfan  How are you going with your rehab after your nasty fall?   I am hoping you are a bit more mobile & experiencing less pain.

629DBD62-BFDE-453B-921D-32C57784730F.thumb.jpeg.e50ec4f7a9a5108cb7b56e8f8d83ead4.jpeg

Not sure if you are still checking in on cc but  I think of you every time I take a photo of our birdlife.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 15

8 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Woodford Double Oaked is a nice one!  I like OF 1910 also on the double oaked side.  I haven't had the Peerless DO yet, but have heard good things about that.

I myself am having a pour of WT Rare Breed...one of my Friday night go-to's.

Rare Breed is a solid go-to!  I wish I could find anything by Peerless in my area but it just isn’t around.  We will be in Louisville in August so I think I am going to try and grab some then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Rare Breed is a solid go-to!  I wish I could find anything by Peerless in my area but it just isn’t around.  We will be in Louisville in August so I think I am going to try and grab some then.

I am a fan of Wild Turkey Rare Breed also but it does have a kick, I was disappointed we were in Lexington Kentucky in March and had a free day on Monday and wanted to visit there distillery , but they were closed just on Monday.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@firefly333  you are going to be so relieved when you finally settle into your place and are able to put the stress and frustrations of this  shoddy move behind you

Yea and I should have noticed the ladder wasnt delivered. I dont have the balance to jump up on a kitchen chair and change ceiling light bulbs. I feel I need something to hang onto. How could I miss a 6 ft step ladder. I worked too hard helping. I'm still beat and now I have boxes to open. I found the lamps but they removed those things to put the shades on. Shelves need to be put back into things. I just screwed the 4 posts onto my 4 poster bed this morning.  

Do movers typically remove those things from the top of lamps? I'm not sure I know how to put them back on. I'm going to have to hire someone once I do all I know how to do.  

If I can find some utensils I think I can manage everything I need to here. I found the microwave, my metal tongs and 1 metal fork packed with it. I'd, like real silverware and I need my spatula and that stuff to cook in nkn stick pans. A plastic spoon from take out not good for cooking. I am so happy to have my microwave this morning though. To zap my coffee. Though I think it's odd to not fill up the box just throw in a fork and my tongs. 

These are what I have to figure out how to attach to lamps if I want the shades on them. Progress. Doing the smaller boxes in front of the tall wardrobe boxes in the back. Did about 3 yesterday of the smaller stacked boxes. My toaster was packed upside down on top of plastic bowls and microwaveable plastic and pots and pans. My bad. Crumbs were in the tray on the bottom of the toaster. Every single item had crumbs from the upside toaster on top so yesterday I had to wash every single item from that box. But progress. 

Clearly I'm  not handy, dont know how to reattach these to lamps. I've sent 2 emails asking what the service includes I paid for. I paid for partial packing. I keep asking if that includes unpacking. Picking up the microwave to put it on my kitchen shelf. Putting lamps back together. Screwing posts back on my 4 poster. And they forgot to unwrap that triple dresser standing on end. I'll call and hire someone when I get stuff sorted I need help with. Lamp pieces to put back together. Some boxes gone from row in front of wardrobe boxes. 6 wardrobe boxes to go. Plus the smaller boxes. Most of the red small staples boxes in the back are moms quilts, just gotta figure out for sure which arent. 

Havent really seen any good su rises yet. Been here a week. Too many clouds to see rhe sun itself come up. I do so love being able to look out and no one can walk by and see in like my house. Priceless. The view is good for my soul. 

20240615_084440.jpg

20240615_085044.jpg

• Like 10

@firefly333 if your lamps are similar to mine then there are buttons hiding where the posts on the lamp tops go.  They slide up and you just snap the posts into place and let the buttons slide back down.  Do one side and squeeze to place the other side.

20240615_083424.thumb.jpg.b28ed53b936e83ca60cdc0030f953c31.jpg20240615_083424.thumb.jpg.b28ed53b936e83ca60cdc0030f953c31.jpg

20240615_083359.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think Mountain Mike's has the best pizza (Canadian bacon). Togo's has good sandwiches. But none of it is inexpensive anymore. Since I don't eat hamburgers, we aren't affected by the price increases at many of the chains.  

Eating out is more and more expensive.  We were at Cheese Cake Factory yesterday and everything just seems so high now...

We had a Mountain Mikes when we lived in the Central Valley and I ordered it more than a few times from there.  It was OK but not great.  So far, since making home in SoCal, every one I've tried so far has been pretty forgettable.  

I'm limiting carbs so pizza is a rare treat nowadays so it's not the end of the world that I haven't found one I like yet but every now and then I crave it and wish I had an option.  The search continues...

• Like 7

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are going on Utopia, and not Navigator, but we will need to check in while we are still in California

My bad... I thought you were visiting in CA now and the trip included the cruise...  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

California pizza sucks.  I haven't found a good pizza, anywhere in this state, since moving here.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I haven't found it.

I've pretty much quick all fast food places in CA with a few exceptions. You can get a sit-down meal at Chili's cheaper than you can get a combo McD's or Wendy's. In n Out is still the best fast food value in CA.  Also, I eat from roadside taco trucks a lot... Three Carne Asada Tacos for $6 can't be beat and definitely enough food.  

The Cheese Board Pizza in Berkeley according to my friend Gerry who moved to CA from NYC in 1961.

On 6/13/2024 at 10:33 PM, Sea Dog said:

Well tomorrow morning will be coming early and will be a little stressful. Alarm set for 5:30 to get up and get ready to go to the hospital for my scheduled MRI with anesthesia to see if I have prostate cancer. I don't think I do have it but it is the process to deal with my enlarged prostate. I am glad I will out as my claustrophobia of being in that tube is horrible to me. I have anxiety over any medical procedure but I hope this one will go good. No need for prayers or anything but I just wanted everyone to know what I am doing. Happy Friday and I hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's Day on Sunday. My son works on Sunday but texted me and is taking me out to lunch at one our favorite sushi restaurants on Monday.

Hopefully you received good results,Greg.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:22 AM, mo&fran said:

Today is not a good day. My wife Maureen passed away this morning.

@mo&fran I’m so sorry to read about Maureen’s passing. I’m just catching up on the thread but wanted you to know that we are sending virtual hugs to you and your family during this difficult time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I do so love being able to look out and no one can walk by and see in like my house. Priceless. The view is good for my soul. 

Excellent!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 12:00 PM, George C said:

Great pizza on New York City is much cheaper and they have a 15 dollar minimum wage, I could get 3 good pizzas in Dallas for that price we order a pizza once a week . 

Good pizza in Dallas?  Really?? 😊

In TX, the best authentic NY pizza we've had is in Plano on Parker Rd. near the Tollway.  Joe's pizza, across from Plano Presby hospital.  Huge triangular slices, you fold in half "ala" Tony Manero in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for your concern Jane. Isn’t it fun the older you get.😉

As Trainman a much beloved member of CC used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies".

Greg, my heart is with you for a successful outcome!

• Like 4

It’s amazing that the PT exercises I have to do for an hour three times a day totally wipe me out.  The stretching exercises with a resistance band are no problem…but the ones where I lie down on the bed and work my leg etc muscles…they don’t hurt…but afterwards I’m totally exhausted.  I get the shivers and my teeth chatter.  Keep thinking it will get easier…. I personally have never experienced the endorphin high people describe from exercise.  I think it is bunk promulgated by sports medicine doctors.

I still use the boot when practicing the partial weight bearing with the rollator.  According to the PT I’m supposed to be using the walker all the time…but that just isn’t possible in every circumstance.  Next doctor visit is June 28 and I’m hoping I can transition to full weight bearing walking with the boot.  🤞

Who knew I’d miss vacuuming, cooking and cleaning litter boxes so much?!

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good pizza in Dallas?  Really?? 😊

In TX, the best authentic NY pizza we've had is in Plano on Parker Rd. near the Tollway.  Joe's pizza, across from Plano Presby hospital.  Huge triangular slices, you fold in half "ala" Tony Manero in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

As Trainman a much beloved member of CC used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies".

Greg, my heart is with you for a successful outcome!

Most of the Joe’s pizza places are pretty good we have one delivered to our house once a week normally on Sunday this one’s really close in Carrollton where we live . I know there are a couple in Plano that are also good .

• Like 1